Burdock's Valley

Gomezthebarbarian
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Burdock's Valley

#81 Post by Rex »

Finnr

Looks good gurusql, thanks. I am fine just getting into the general area or shooting for the kobolds nest, either way.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Spearmint »

Felix

"He who fails to plan is planning to fail. Or some tripe like that.

Anyways, Arden Vul is almost a hundred miles away and we are not like to get there soon."
says the warrior. He bangs his flagon, empty after several refills from his spent coins.

"So none of you yokel locals want to make merry with me hey and wrestle your manhoods against mine. Well then I shall make merry with your womenfolk and invite any strapping lasses, warts n' all to come an wrestle me, all legs and arms akimbo and quench my thirst for Castleton's finest." he bellows his lecherous invitation to all and sundry, winking at three bonny lasses across the room.

"So Neddard, be yea a man avowed to chastity and poverty or can ye mount a good stable lass like a knight in shining armour?

Oh and let's get a maiden for the new man in the crew too. If he ventures with us we need to know he's a fighter who knows where to stick his spear."

"You madam, yes you. The more I drink the prettier you get. I shall leave for my ablutions and keep the door open, now ladies don't rush, form an orderly queue."

He belches loudly and leaves for his room.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#83 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Neddard almost laughs at his friends antics........almost.

"Nay, I am not one who shuns companionship like some of my brothers in arms. Lets just say I am a bit less aggressive about it as someone with your style."

The paladin doesn't try to bed any of the locals, especially the heavily warted girls, but he does spend a bit of time softening any verbal wounds the horny half-orc creates.

"Oswell, you never fail to impress me with your logic, friend. Does anyone else have anything they would like to add to the mages wise plan?"

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by scottjen »

Zahn
(quietly in an attempt that only the group's ears would hear) My opinion is that we head northwest keeping the mountains at our left & make for Deepton. While there perhaps we may gather more information. If nothing of note presents itself, we could head northeast and I could see if we could find sign of the Beastmen slave traders (his eyes harden at this) and lay an ambush. And of course find the location and numbers of the kobolds.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Paladin »

Christopher Black

Chris masks his smile with an upraised hand, shaking with silent laughter at the big warrior's exit.
"I assure you," he says to no one in particular, "I have excellent aim with my...spear."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rex »

Finnr

Finnr chuckles, "He can take a bit getting used to."

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Paladin »

Christopher Black

The man's smile fades as his attention fastens upon Zahn. He nods along to the plan laid out before them. "A sound plan," he muses. "I, too, would like to see these slavers." Chris grimaces with ill-concealed distaste. "Nasty business they're in."

Gomezthebarbarian
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by Gomezthebarbarian »

OOC: So, on foot NW to Deepton starting in the morning?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rex »

Yes

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by gurusql »

Sounds like a plan

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sure!

Gomezthebarbarian
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by Gomezthebarbarian »

After waking up the next morning and eating a hearty breakfast, the party leaves the safe confines of Castleton, thankful they are not taxed just to leave. First you start northwest, passing under the shadow of Castle Burdock rising from its rocky promontory overlooking Castleton. Soon you are headed north and keeping the cliffs that must ring the valley to your left, you forge on.

Day and Night 1
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=6
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=18

Day and Night 2
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=14
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=18

Day and Night 3
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=19
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=17

Day 4
Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d20]=14

The days and nights pass without incident until after fording the Gold River you finally reach Deepton with the New Forest in view to the east. As you wearily tread your way into the village, you quickly note the place is a mining settlement of about 900 souls. There is an inn called the Pick and Lantern. It is evening when you arrive and you find the inn a lively raucous place full of miners with a smattering of farmers and woodsmen.

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Finnr

"Lets get something to drink and eat."

He looks around for a spot they can all fit in.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by gurusql »

Oswell

”Agreed, let us get some food and drink.”

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by ravenn4544 »

Gorug follows along. "Miners can be a tough lot. If you were looking for some bar room action, Felix, this might be for you"

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by scottjen »

Zahn
Pick and lantern it is then. In the morning let us see what sort of supplies can be purchased here as well. (4 rations subtracted)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rex »

Finnr

"Yes, we will need some more supplies for sure."

4 rations deducted.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Spearmint »

Felix,

After five days of tramping across the grassland and bogs, swatting mosquitoes and not a sound or sight of abominable beasties to contend with, he arrives at the spit and sawdust' saloon full of country bumpkins.

He pays a few coins for the bed, beer and mutton, (-8sp). He buys a round of beers for the group and keeps the extra of the 10 for himself.

"Right, now let's have a bit of beef." he declares and thoroughly bangs the table with a tankard.

"All right, you right bunch of milksops. Who wants some? I'm going to take on all comers in mud wrestling. Any one of you pussies fancy a bit of up close n personal and get down and dirty with me in the mud pond. I am up to challenge any prospectors who's nuggets haven't turned to dust. Who's the top dog? I'm gonna grease up and strip to my loincloths and take on any man willing to test his pan handling skills."

He shrugs. He has to earn a few coin and besides some entertainment and notoriety can help a man in places like this.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Paladin »

Christopher Black

The rogue awaits his large comrade's challenge to the local toughs and he is not disappointed when it comes. Christopher hides his smile behind one of the beers purchased by the big man's generosity. For himself, Chris idly assesses the patrons and their purses. He keeps his hands to himself, but he can't help marking which patrons he'd...assist with their valuables, given a proper chance.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#100 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Neddard is glad to be back in civilization, even this hell hole. He eats and drinks with the others but keeps his distance from the antics of Felix.

He talks to the locals to see if any information can be gleaned about the rest of their trip.

Return to “The Halls of Arden Vul (1e)”