Barrowmaze III: Grave Returns.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Barrowmaze III: Grave Returns.

#781 Post by redwarrior »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:30 pm I appreciate everyone being cool about the treasure distribution so far. This task is never going to come out as an
Can Isvand use the magical mace without penalty? (RW says no, but did the DM tell him that? I just want to be sure on this one.)

Haven't had that exact discussion, so it IS just an assumption on my part. :D
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#782 Post by Spearmint »

I will try and answer all these points.

Isvand and mace proficiency. At char-gen, you took Morningstar as one of your alloted fighter WoP along with slings as your racial boon.

In the house rules I posted this:

Weapons of Proficiency

I am lumping some weapons into categories rather than as single weapons. So for example proficiency in 'mace' covers both Footman's and horseman's types. The same with any light / heavy equivalent (crossbows, flails).

Spear/javelins are listed in same group as Warhammer/Battleaxe, Clubs/Hammers, Maces/Morningstar, Short Bow/Longbow.

so Isvand can use it without a non-proficiency penalty.

Amos should receive a full treasure share.
Truro gets a half share (I think that is correct, will check the mercenary thread to confirm)
(Truro would equate to a hireling taking a 1/2 share of XP and 1/2 share of treasure. He would be less proactive than Fabian was in terms of searching, scouting, taking initiative)
The gnomes agreed to accompany you for a half share each.
Drew agreed no share. He joined after being charmed by Gerdal. Following present in tavern conversation, he will agree to accompany you again for 1/2 share XP and equal share treasure.

Amos and Truro are contracted via the Mercenary Guild and need to be recruited officially again. You have favourable terms with the guild and both clerics so should be able to conclude their attendance. But don't leave it to the last minute otherwise they could be seconded by other explorers.

The gnomes are favourable to returning but you need a conversation with Konrad to agree that.

The unholy water acts the same way vs undead as holy water but may also damage paladins or be used to define lawful aligned relics or places.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#783 Post by Rex »

For SM.

If Orgoth were to donate the magic Ingot to Golgarth/Cromm's Cistern Project, how much if any XP would he get?
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#784 Post by sastaz »

Sven got a very low appraisal roll for the diamond, so that will still need to be sorted out. (Unless everyone agrees that 3,000gp is enough and we should take the deal.)
OM, this was lost in the threads for me. What can we do to get a second appraisal? Do we need to travel?
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#785 Post by sastaz »

Drew agreed no share. He joined after being charmed by Gerdal. Following present in tavern conversation, he will agree to accompany you again for 1/2 share XP and equal share treasure.
So Drew agreed to 1/2 share of both treasure and xp after Gerdal gave him one of her gemstones. So he will come along as bodyguard.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#786 Post by Spearmint »

For SM.

If Orgoth were to donate the magic Ingot to Golgarth/Cromm's Cistern Project, how much if any XP would he get?
Interesting. I would have to think on that. How could the ingot be smelted and crafted some way to imbue some arcane blessing into the repairs? Maybe helping to purify the water if turned into a copper alloy pipe and tap?

Another issue is though Orgoth physically has the ingot, until officially given to him as his share of trove, it could be considered as group loot. So would a donation to a worthy cause progress xp to the group rather than an individual.

Will have to think in this. Ask any questions or comments and I will try to settle a resolution if you didn't want to keep it, craft it into a weapon or armour or use in creating a golem.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#787 Post by Spearmint »

OM, this was lost in the threads for me. What can we do to get a second appraisal? Do we need to travel?
You can take any items to be appraised at other stores, the nearest being in Ironguard.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#788 Post by Rex »

Orgoth is up for a trip to Ironguard if need be, I wouldn't give the Ingot away until it is officially mine but seems to be leaning that way.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#789 Post by sastaz »

Looks like Gerdal will spend her week transcribing spells as well.

Sven, what spellbooks/scrolls will you be using? Gerdal would use Knievel's spell book and her own Unseen Servant scroll.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#790 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wow! Lots of year end action all of the sudden. :D

Sven is transcribing the Unseen Servant scroll into his book along with the Mirror Image scroll he got last trip.

If Gerdal wants the US in her book too, she could do that first and let me copy it out of her book, or however that would work out the best timewise.

Great news on the unholy water still affecting undead. That will be incredibly helpful. Sven will take one of those. If anyone else wants one, go ahead. Any extra can be given to the clerics or gnomes.

I am cool with Drew coming along at half shares if everyone else is on board with that idea.

I would like to hold off on any long trips to Ironguard until the tapestry is finished, since we might need to take that there for the big dollar price we are hoping to receive. Maybe after our next return from the maze?

I would also hold off on donating anything as interesting as the ingot, especially until after we sell the tapestry/diamond, but I obviously wont stop you from doing what you will with your own stuff. (Sven is getting pretty close to 3rd level already, so a group reward might put him over the top.) 8-)

I will secure our clerics and try to discuss our next endeavor with the gnomes in the tavern thread before we leave again.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#791 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm Wow! Lots of year end action all of the sudden. :D
We want a wrap for New Year and fresh dungeon trek for 2022 :D
OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Sven is transcribing the Unseen Servant scroll into his book along with the Mirror Image scroll he got last trip.

If Gerdal wants the US in her book too, she could do that first and let me copy it out of her book, or however that would work out the best timewise.
Ok, cool but then it will work out.
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#792 Post by redwarrior »

Ogre Mage, I'm glad you insisted on clarification! Isvand will definitely make use of the Mace and leave the morningstar behind!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#793 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:D
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#794 Post by sastaz »

Ok wow, so now Isvand has a +1 weapon, really cool!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#795 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If the two of you would like to readdress the treasure split, please do. Or we can wait to see what we find on the next trip. Maybe we will learn more about what the cloak is in the meantime.

I feel like I am sorta stepping on toes a bit by deciding who gets what sometimes.

I don't want to be that guy.
:oops:
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#796 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand would be fine with giving up the cloak for the time being. Can always be reassessed later, once we definitively know what things do.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#797 Post by sastaz »

sastaz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 pm Ok wow, so now Isvand has a +1 weapon, really cool!
I just want to point out that this was genuine, I was not insinuating any unfair division of treasure :D just clarifying because these things can be hard to get across on the internet

I'm fine with:
Goblet => Gerdal
Mace => Isvand
Cloak => group ownership (anyone can carry during next mission)
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#798 Post by sastaz »

I guess the final thing to decide is to wait for a trip to Ironguard to get a reassessment of the diamond?

Gerdal is satisfied with the amount of gold she has for the time being and votes for trying to get a better price!
Last edited by sastaz on Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#799 Post by Spearmint »

remember to take out the cost of rehiring the mercenaries from your division of plunder now as it pertains to future investment in the expedition unless you are fine with taking the costs personally.

Minus the hog roast cost from corporate or private coinage.

Drew has been hired by Gerdal and she has covered any costs in upgrading his equipment.

Remember to upkeep at the tavern if you have not done so. Any shopping for basic supplies could just be posted in the planning thread, deduct whatever total price +10% the goods are. With some coins to spend, if reasonable, I will upgrade the kits of the gnomes and clerics.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#800 Post by redwarrior »

sastaz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:54 pm
sastaz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 pm Ok wow, so now Isvand has a +1 weapon, really cool!
I just want to point out that this was genuine, I was not insinuating any unfair division of treasure :D just clarifying because these things can be hard to get across on the internet

I'm fine with:
Goblet => Gerdal
Mace => Isvand
Cloak => group ownership (anyone can carry during next mission)
No worries, that's how I took it. :D

The first few divisions of treasure are always a bit awkward, as people figure each other out. Isvand will hold onto the cloak for now, and we can always change it up as needed. As a general rule, I tend to be a bit "whatever" when it comes to treasure, as I expect it'll all even out over the course of play. Well, other than the Harmonica. Isvand WANTED that! ;)

Return to “Completed Expeditions”