Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Silverymoon Speak Easy

#701 Post by Dram »

It takes a hour to complete right?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#702 Post by tooleychris »

Takes 1 hour to initiate and an additional hour per special property.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#703 Post by Rukellian »

Tyrion(NPC) Goes into the forest to gather some wood. He comes back a few moments later dragging long branches in each hand behind him with small logs and a rotted wagon wheel on top.
"Got us some wood fer a fire an found dis ol' wagon wheel a bit down da hill. Queer eh?"
This couldn't POSSIBLY be a clue towards the lost treasure, could it? Nah, pffft, didn't think so either. 8-) :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#704 Post by Rukellian »

I could look this up on the internet, sure, but I wanted to hear this from you guys first.

Is it "normal" for orcs to be cast as bad guys? Call my RPG experience a sheltered life, but :oops: I've always seen them as just another race, one who just so happens to be not as attractive as elves and a little more ill-tempered than dwarves (no offense to our dwarven players).

Or perhaps a more specific question is necessary... in this game world you are using, Tooleychris, are orcs just flat out bad, and a hostile response to seeing one is only natural for many? If this is so, than Ruken is turning out to be quite the oddball character :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#705 Post by tooleychris »

Orcs in this world are considered barbarians, raiders, and thieves because of their history in the Southern Reaches.
I think most systems follow the Tolkien theme where they are bred by Morgoth/Sauron for the destruction of the other races (the free people really means free willed people), or AD&D where the god of the orcs, Grumsh, was cheated by the other gods and seeks revenge through his "children".
Every intelligent humanoid is free willed in this campaign and free to explore aspects of Light, Balance, or Shadow. That being said if all of your friends and companions are murderers and thieves, you'll probably follow suit if you have lower INT, which orcs usually do.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#706 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Too true TC. ;) Orc are just dimwitted and have a group mentality.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#707 Post by Dram »

Orcs most definitely are bad guys. They tend to take care of themselves first. They would kill there own mother for a gold piece.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
GreyWolfVT

#708 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm would do it for free ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#709 Post by tooleychris »

I think the orc race is not as barbaric as all that. It is a strong and thriving group of peoples after all. If they just killed each other for "a gold piece" they wouldn't be a threat to the other races.
The group mentality is close but I think its more strongly structured or defined as a Authoritarianism form of government. Might makes right. While orcs will squabble and brawl amongst other in their tribe, there is a general leader who KNOWS their numbers make might. If an orc dies then he was too weak to live, true, but casual killing would thin their numbers and cause other tribes of orcs to become a threat to them. I've always thought of orcs as wolves. They obey out of fear of the stronger. And of course, lets not forget the deities they worship. In D&D orc mythos female orcs are forbidden to carry weapons by their religion. The females are relatively "safe" from inner tribe conflicts because their mate is strong enough to defend them. If their mate is not strong enough then another, stronger, orc would take that role.
Of course this is speculation on my part based on years of reading and reading and reading. :)
GreyWolfVT

#710 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is how I see the orcs they are more like a biker gang lol not all of them are bad but there are those groups that are very brutal.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#711 Post by thesniperknight1 »

could there be intelligent orcs or does it go against the very idea of an orc?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#712 Post by tooleychris »

thesniperknight1 wrote:could there be intelligent orcs or does it go against the very idea of an orc?
Orcs COULD be PCs in this game. Unfortunately Orc mentality is the strong survive, not the overly intelligent.
I suppose most chiefs would have a little of both
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#713 Post by Rukellian »

For those in the USA, happy memorial day everyone!
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#714 Post by Dram »

Thank You
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#715 Post by tooleychris »

Hey guys Im on vacation this week and have been out of signal half of it and very busy with family the other half.
As many of you may know I do most of my posting from work so I'll be hit and miss for a couple days.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#716 Post by Dram »

I will also be gone for the holiday weekend till Tuesday. NPC my character if needed.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
GreyWolfVT

#717 Post by GreyWolfVT »

have a good vacation guys.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#718 Post by tooleychris »

Hope everyone (in America) had a good Independence Day!
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#719 Post by tooleychris »

OK action officially moved here:
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=5756
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#720 Post by Rukellian »

Tooley, when the group leaves the ruined farm, feel free to npc Ruken if they bump into him again. I am going to be taking that player hiatus I spoke of earlier with you.

Return to “Silverymoon”