GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

GreyWolfVT
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

#61 Post by tarlyn »

Monty

The Paladin turns to Shade and introduces herself "I am Montgomery Montaghue, a Paladin. Pleased to make your

acquaintance. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"
She appears to think about something

and in a low voice "Might I inquire as to why both of you hide you faces?"
Last edited by tarlyn on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Yagul

Pulling down his face covering, "Two reasons, I am told in my mother's culture to the far south they cover their face thus to keep the dust and sand out. So a way I suppose to honor her, even though I never met her. And second my appearance has been know to frighten children something I do not care for. I am what I am but I don't care to frighten children."
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Sitting in the shadows of the larger group. He chats politely, banters stories with the adventurers. If there is a bard strumming he pays a song. Preparing for tomorrow's meeting he takes a room.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

There is no bard singing but there is a jester in the next room on a stage telling jokes.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by Darklin2 »

tarlyn wrote:Monty

The Paladin turns to Shade and introduces herself "I am Montgomery Montaghue, a Paladin. Pleased to make your

Shade

Shade pulls the balaclava down and turns his head to the side exposing a long red scar running from his left ear all the way down to the left side of his mouth.

I wear it to cover my past. See. A gift from a Praetorian Guard when I was caught lifting bread as a child so that I didn't starve. This is a badge of survival. I cover my face in town to prevent trouble. It will come off when we leave civilization.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by tarlyn »

Darklin2 wrote:
tarlyn wrote:Monty

Shade

Shade pulls the balaclava down and turns his head to the side exposing a long red scar running from his left ear all the way down to the left side of his mouth.

I wear it to cover my past. See. A gift from a Praetorian Guard when I was caught lifting bread as a child so that I didn't starve. This is a badge of survival. I cover my face in town to prevent trouble. It will come off when we leave civilization.
Monty

The Paladin nods. Smiling she adds "I wasn't always this way. I have a Vampire Wizard to thank for being a

woman. You have obviously noted that Montgomery is a male name. This particular Vampire also graced me with

these,"
she pulls back her hair reveal her pointy elven ears.

Sighing she continues "I have not attempted to reverse the spell but this particular Vampire shall face my wrath

eventually and I will be content with the knowledge that I was better than he. Perhaps I will then attempt to reverse

his spell, but until then, I shall remain a lady."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Well you are a striking Lady. But if you kill the Vampire won't its magic stop functioning? Not sure how that would work. Maybe a dispel magic would remove it or a remove curse. Would take some experiments to figure it out. Maybe later we can check into the magical nature of the change. I have friends in high places that may be interested in seeing about it.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by tarlyn »

Darklin2 wrote:Shade

Well you are a striking Lady. But if you kill the Vampire won't its magic stop functioning? Not sure how that would work. Maybe a dispel magic would remove it or a remove curse. Would take some experiments to figure it out. Maybe later we can check into the magical nature of the change. I have friends in high places that may be interested in seeing about it.

Monty

She ponders that a moment. Her reply is "I presume that a spell, being permanent, may not end if the caster dies.

To be honest, it has been almost a year that I am now a woman. I have grown accustomed enough to the change.

Perhaps, once the fiend is defeated I will look to change back,, but in all honesty maybe the gods have decided I be a woman

after all so we shall see what we shall see. This foul beast was almost slain but got in the last lick before making her escape."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Say being a Paladin and all most people will talk to you and trust you. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere I might be able to find a magical weapon do you? I am supposed to head out on this expedition tomorrow to find a tower and kill some undead but I have not found a weapon that will work on magical beasts or Shadows. Is there a weapon shop or trader for such items?
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#70 Post by tarlyn »

Say being a Paladin and all most people will talk to you and trust you. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere I might be able to find a magical weapon do you? I am supposed to head out on this expedition tomorrow to find a tower and kill some undead but I have not found a weapon that will work on magical beasts or Shadows. Is there a weapon shop or trader for such items?
Monty

She listens and thinks about that.

"Might I first inquire as to what you were given for his quest? As to knowing a shop, I fear not but I can ask

the Mayor or the High Priestess where they acquired our items and perhaps they can tell us? I would be glad to help you in

any way I can, Shade."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Darklin2 »

tarlyn wrote:

Monty

"Might I first inquire as to what you were given for his quest? As to knowing a shop, I fear not but I can ask

the Mayor or the High Priestess where they acquired our items and perhaps they can tell us? I would be glad to help you in

any way I can, Shade."

I was given a scroll and this suit of Armor. I have several spells at my disposal but I fear that if it comes to hand to hand and my defense I may need something a little better than my daggers and bow. Maybe I will go the the weapon-smith tomorrow morning. Brax told me of a dwarven smith in town. So I will seek him out on the morrow before we depart.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by tarlyn »

Darklin2 wrote:
tarlyn wrote:

Monty

any way I can, Shade."

I was given a scroll and this suit of Armor. I have several spells at my disposal but I fear that if it comes to hand to hand and my defense I may need something a little better than my daggers and bow. Maybe I will go the the weapon-smith tomorrow morning. Brax told me of a dwarven smith in town. So I will seek him out on the morrow before we depart.
Monty

"Perhaps we can go and find out as it appears the afternoon is not over yet. Let us ask the Master Dwarf mayhap he

can lead us to your desired goal? Shall we?"

Standing, she looks at the others and says.

"Our friend and I shall return shortly. Question of simply helping him acquire better weapons for our quest."

Waiting for Shade to join her, she walks over to Brax at the bar.

"Pardon us, Master Brax. Might we inquire as to where we might acquire a magical weapon? Our friend

Shade would be interested in acquiring one for our quest."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Shade finishes his Chowder and gathers his things. And sets off with Monty.

It doesn't have to be magical just something better suited for smashing skeletons. I am thinking a Mace and maybe a Long Sword if there are any around. Daggers and arrows are not very useful in this situation. You said something about Throm the Smith. How may we find him and is he still in his shop at this hour?
GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax pulls out a map of the city and points to where you are now and then points to an odd shaped building "That there be Throm's smithy. But if yer lookin for magicy things This place ere called Solutions be tha apothecary, elixirs potions an what not. He might know. Then again I might have somethin fer yah out back. Let me go an check."

Map of Town here
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by tarlyn »

Monty

Monty thanks Brax even as he rushes off to look for Shade.

"See? Maybe you will be lucky. If not we can always go to this Solutions Apothecary."

She smiles encouragingly at Shade, thankful the dwarf is so helpful.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Well anything would be better than poking bone with a dagger. I could find an old tree branch and make a club out of it. That could work too. Let's see what Brax finds and maybe head to the Smith in the morning if we don't leave right away. Otherwise I can always pick up something from the dead. And this is supposed to be a Fighter's Academy so I am sure there are plenty of weapons around there. I don't have enough gold to buy a magical weapon but finding one might be a little harder.

OOC- If Brax doesn't find anything The smith will have a Mace I am sure.
GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax goes into the back room comes back out carrying 3 different items, a hand axe, a anelace, and a footman's mace. He sets them on the bar on the part that lifts up to allow staff in and out. "Well what are yah lookin' for Shade? Take yer pick."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax goes into the back room comes back out carrying 3 different items, a hand axe, a anelace, and a footman's mace. He sets them on the bar on the part that lifts up to allow staff in and out. "Well what are yah lookin' for Shade? Take yer pick."
What is an anelace? I have never seen one of those before. Is that a type of sword or dagger? Let me look at it. This looks like it will do nicely. How much are we talking for this anelace? I only have 60 gold to still be able to eat but If you will spot me until my return we can reach a deal.

OOC- As a Thief I can't use a Mace, thought for sure that it was one of the allowed but Not. I just looked it up. Thief only gets quarterstaff and club as blunt weapons. So the Anelace will do nicely and I have my Quarterstaff for skeletons. Big non proficient negative but that is OK.
GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax gives him a strange look "Ain't yah heard of a long dagger lad? Oh an I forgot one thing." he walks out back and grabs something that resembles a staff. "Wizard I knew ones carried this gave me it when he got a better one. Dunno what it does he called it a Ironwood Staff er somethin'."

Kind of my own creation it's a magical staff similar to the Staff-Mace but it is made of a type of wood called Ironwood strong like iron, useable by wizard classes. Performs like a Staff +1 but can take 3 shapes as you will it.
1 Typical Walking Stick look (Staff +1)
2 Staff (quarterstaff) size/look (Quarterstaff +1)
3 Club (club +1) looks like a club

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rex »

Yagul

"Very nice and handy. Staff is one of the most versatile of all weapons."

Cool magic item.

Return to “The Haunted Tower (2e)”