Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

#61 Post by ybn1197 »

schmer wrote:
shaidar wrote:Leo

"Come on Laurel, the lady justs want to meet you"
Laurel

"Leo, no - what are you doing? What's wrong with you?" Laurel can't quite help but feel so thrown by what is happening right now. This isn't like her cousin. He was literally just ready to get out of here, to fight their way out of here. And now he's trying to drag her over to some woman that she's positive she doesn't know, and she doesn't seem like someone that her cousin would run around with either, at least in her option. "What's wrong with you?"

Laurel spits the words out, a little bit scared at what has been done, what happened to turn her cousin from the trajectory that he was on to the one that he's currently on. She can feel the tray in her hand. She has a weapon, even if it's not exactly something she wants to use against her cousin, whom she cares about. He's bigger than her, stronger than her, and she's not sure if she can get her arm out of his grip. Her mind is awhirl, going so quickly that she can't help but jump from one thought to the next fearfully.

What is the best thing to do here? She doesn't have that much time to make her mind up.

"Let me go now." And even though she had the thought to warn him what she'll do Laurel doesn't. She knows that if it came to fighting over the tray with both of them pulling at it he would win that hands down. So instead she's got to go for the element of surprise and use her brain. And that's why she uses the tray in her other hand and pulls back to whack him with it to see if she can make him let go of her.

Dex + Melee to hit with tray (I assumed the tray was a weapon, but if you want me to roll any differently or anything let me know!)
[1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 3
1 success. Roll STR+1 die vs. DIFF 6 for Bashing Damage. Shaidar, if there are any successes, you can roll STA vs. DIFF 6 to soak. Also, if there are any successes you can roll Willpower vs. DIFF 7

========================================================================

Odin Wilder Soak 2 levels of Bashing
William Wildes Incapacitated
Leo Harper Dominated
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Lance »

Soak (Stamina): 2d10t6 5, 6

I guess that's bruised then.

Odin also heads towards the kitchen
schmer
Strider
Strider

#63 Post by schmer »

Bashing Damage roll:[1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 1
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote:Soak (Stamina): 2d10t6 5, 6

I guess that's bruised then.
Correct
schmer wrote:Bashing Damage roll:[1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 1
Shaidar, Leo needs to roll STA Diff 6 to soak 1 level of Bashing. Also, roll Willpower vs. DIFF 7

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper Dominated Soak 1 level of Bashing
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by shaidar »

Leo

Soak:
3d10: 16 [3d10=1, 8, 7]
One success

Willpower:
5d10: 30 [5d10=4, 10, 1, 8, 7]
Two successes
Last edited by shaidar on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#66 Post by Gremlin »

Julia
ybn1197 wrote:Julia makes her way through the kitchen, but is forced to move slowly due to the steam that is coming off the grills. With the cooks having fled presumably, the food on the grill is burning and sending plenty of steam and smoke into the air. She finds a a nice sized knife and looks for the EXIT sign which is supposed to be placed in a convenient to see location. Moving about, you feel something come into contact with your foot.
Julia looks down for a moment to avoid whatever it she bumped into with her foot. She doesn't particularly care what it is, she just doesn't want to trip and fall. She continues to make her way to where her best guess of the location of the back door is. Probably close to where they store the dry or bulk goods, since they would be taking deliveries through the back door.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote:Leo

Soak:
3d10: 16 [3d10=1, 8, 7]
One success

Willpower:
5d10: 30 [5d10=4, 10, 1, 8, 7]
Two successes
As Laurel swings the tray, Leo is able to get his arm up in time to block the tray from hitting him. As he drops his arm back down, he feels as if he is in a fog bank that is beginning to clear. He sees Laurel in front of him still holding the tray and while he stills feels a tinge of longing to take Laurel to the woman, he knows it was not in anyone's best interest and he wonders how she was able to make him think it was so important.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by shaidar »

Leo lets go of Laurel and backs away a few steps, looking confused.

"Laurel, I'm sorry! I'm not sure why I did that, she must have spiked my drink somehow. Let's get out of here"

His head still slightly foggy, he looks around trying to find what looks like the clearest exit.
strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#69 Post by strawberrey »

Channing

"Fuck," Channing swore under her breath, throwing her back against a nearby wall as a flailing band member nearly cracked his elbow against her sternum. There was no way she was going to get through that brawl without being pulled into it, but she could not just stand here either waiting for an opportunity to get through it. She darted for the kitchen, hobbling as she went due to missing one shoe, and stumbled face-first into a plume of smoke. Coughing, she pulled the collar of her flannel shirt up and over her nose and mouth, trying to block some of it as she moved further into the kitchen. She just needed to get to the exit; just get to the exit, then she could worry about everything else.

That is -- until she heard the scraping. She felt like she was in a horror movie. She dropped to the tiled greasy ground instantly, on her hands and knees, trying to use the stainless steel island as a barrier between her and whatever - whoever - was making that sound. Shit, shit, shit, shit... Her mind was a mindless whirl of profanities as she crawled toward the back door.

Channing is currently Bruised, by the way, from when she was thrown across the club. And her last name is Jin.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote:Julia looks down for a moment to avoid whatever it she bumped into with her foot. She doesn't particularly care what it is, she just doesn't want to trip and fall. She continues to make her way to where her best guess of the location of the back door is. Probably close to where they store the dry or bulk goods, since they would be taking deliveries through the back door.
Looking down, Julia spots someone's hand and arm sticking out from under the table, a small pool of blood under the limp appendage.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#71 Post by Gremlin »

Julia
ybn1197 wrote: Looking down, Julia spots someone's hand and arm sticking out from under the table, a small pool of blood under the limp appendage.
Julia hesitates a moment when she sees the bloody hand. There doesn't seem to be anyone else back here, so her instinct is to check on the person and drag them to safety. But then she realizes, until she finds the back door there is no safety to drag them to. With visibility getting worse, Julia decides the best course of action is to find a way out, then come back for the injured (or worse) person if the coast looks clear. Either way, she needs to call the cops, much as she doesn't like them.

At that thought, Julia mentally smacks herself in the head. I'm such an idiot, she thinks to herself as she reaches for her phone and dials 911. While doing so she is still looking for an exit and trying to keep herself lower to the ground due to the smoke.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David Moreau

This is it. Done in by a random fucked up piece of trash. All those close calls in my youth, all those enemies I've outlasted, for this. Heh. I feel a song coming on.

He tries to start singing one last song, but the blood in his lungs complicates things. "Goddamn it!" He looks the man square in his feral eyes and spits blood in his face. "Fuck you."

He presses the gun one last time against the bastard's head and pulls the trigger.

4d10t6: 4 [4d10t6=8, 8, 10, 6] :lol:
damage 4+1(targeted head)+3(extra successes)=8 dice
Damage: 8d10t6: 6 [8d10t6=7, 7, 6, 9, 5, 10, 8, 2] :D
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Lance »

Odin sees a girl wanish into the kitchen, smoke and steam billowing out the momentarily open door. He doesn't hesitate to follow, but loses sight of her immediately in the mist. Ha makes his way to the other side as quickly as possible.
schmer
Strider
Strider

#74 Post by schmer »

shaidar wrote:Leo lets go of Laurel and backs away a few steps, looking confused.

"Laurel, I'm sorry! I'm not sure why I did that, she must have spiked my drink somehow. Let's get out of here"

His head still slightly foggy, he looks around trying to find what looks like the clearest exit.
Laurel

Relief floods the redhead. That feels like it was a lot closer than it was, maybe because of the adrenaline of the situation with everything that is going on. There's mayhem all around them, and the thought that the one person that she knows she can depend on other than herself acting like that waas pretty damn terrifying. "Thank god you're back to you, you had me scared for a minute there."

Grabbing onto his arm this time, mainly to try and keep from betting separated again, Laurel begins to scan for an escape - and for the phone, or even just a phone. If they can get a call to help that'll make all the difference...right?
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by ybn1197 »

The phone rings once and then another ring begins before Julia hears a woman's voice say "Baltimore City 9-1-1, what's the nature of your emergency?" Before Julia is able to say anything, something grabs her ankle.

For Channing, the horror movie continues to play on. The scrapping noise has ominously stopped. From her place on the floor, it is easier to see as the smoke rises. Ahead of her, someone has stopped and appears to be dialing on their cell phone. Inches in front of this person, a bloody arm and hand can be seen under the stainless steel table the caller stands next to. Before Channing is able to do anything, the hand flexes and grabs the caller's ankle.

Braving the vision impeded kitchen, Odin quickly begins to loose his bearings. The smoke and steam burn his eyes and work its way into his lungs. Briefly he wonders why no smoke alarms or fire deterrent systems have gone off but that thought quickly flees as he cracks his knee against a stainless steel table. Returning to the here and now, he sees the outline of someone crouched down on the floor in front of him.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by ybn1197 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:David Moreau

This is it. Done in by a random fucked up piece of trash. All those close calls in my youth, all those enemies I've outlasted, for this. Heh. I feel a song coming on.

He tries to start singing one last song, but the blood in his lungs complicates things. "Goddamn it!" He looks the man square in his feral eyes and spits blood in his face. "Fuck you."

He presses the gun one last time against the bastard's head and pulls the trigger.
Half the man's face is obliterated with David's shot but the man is still standing. Spitting blood in David's face, the man slurs "Dhat's it affhole. I'm not fuffing wiff you anymofe." He twists the knife even more into David's side. Try as he might, David believes this is most likely the end of his life.
David's attack caused 6 Damage
Soak: [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 3
2 soaked, 4 lethal taken

Assailant's attack (-2)
Attack: [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 10 2 successes means +1 damage
Damage: [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 2 Damage: [1d10] = 4
1 level of lethal damage

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Crippled -5
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Gremlin »

Julia
ybn1197 wrote:The phone rings once and then another ring begins before Julia hears a woman's voice say "Baltimore City 9-1-1, what's the nature of your emergency?" Before Julia is able to say anything, something grabs her ankle.
Julia is startled by the hand that grabs her ankle, but she's more angry that something is preventing her from leaving than she is frightened. She suppresses her instinct to just use the knife to stab the hand that grabbed her and instead she tries to yank her leg free from the grip.
While she tries to break free she tells the operator, "The Depot Nightclub is being attacked by some kind of gang -- There's gunshots and I think the kitchen is on fire; there's all kinds of smoke. They're blocking the doors and not letting anyone leave!" Julia doesn't sound panicked but she does sound hurried and somewhat breathless as she exerts herself while talking.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Lance »

ybn1197 wrote:Returning to the here and now, he sees the outline of someone crouched down on the floor in front of him.
Gremlin wrote:While she tries to break free she tells the operator, "The Depot Nightclub is being attacked by some kind of gang -- There's gunshots and I think the kitchen is on fire; there's all kinds of smoke. They're blocking the doors and not letting anyone leave!" Julia doesn't sound panicked but she does sound hurried and somewhat breathless as she exerts herself while talking.
Odin halts for a moment, not sure if he can trust some crouching figure in a burning kitchen. He hears someone calling the police from the other side, and starts hoping that some help might come soon. Not knowing where the sound comes from, he elects to crouch down aswell, and waits to see how the other person reacts to the news.
strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#79 Post by strawberrey »

Channing

Channing stared at the bloody hand in front of her, frozen mid-crawl past the stainless steel island in the center of the kitchen. They're dead, she thought, her mind whirling with a painful blankness beyond that singular thought. Somebody's dead. This was such an obvious conclusion; she'd been hearing gunshots and screaming. She, herself, had been thrown across the bar with little regard for whether or not she might break her neck on the landing. But still - to actually see someone--

And then the hand moved.

She barely registered that the hand had grabbed someone or that the someone it had grabbed was currently on the phone with the police. All she saw was a dead hand suddenly moving, and she forgot how to breathe. She threw herself backwards, practically crab-walking (or running) away from the scene, until her back suddenly hit a fleshy humanoid barrier. Then she yelped and threw herself forward once more, feeling like she was losing both her body and mind with this back and forth she was doing to herself.

"Jesus Christ!" she gasped as she hit the tile, forearms flesh against the sticky floor before she got the courage to look back at who (or what) she had run into. Wait - she recognized that guy. He'd come in with the band. She remembered standing at the bar as she got ready for her shift, more interested in watching the band setup then actually doing her job. She didn't know if that meant he was a "good guy" per se, but it was good enough for her not to start kicking.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by Lance »

For a moment, Odin is confused, when the dark figure starts crawling backwards towards him. Her yelp and pulling back confirms his suspicion: she's afraid. Relief washes over him, as he realizes she's a fellow patron, trying to stay safe. Safety in numbers doesn't seem to be a thing in this situation, but hopefully the three of them - with "telephone lady" - can come up with an escape plan together.

He slowly closes the distance to her. "Hey, it's ok, I'm not with the gang or whatever. You're the bartender, right? What made you back into me, did you see something?"

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”