Action Thread 8

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Action Thread 8

#61 Post by migellito »

[a wasted crit.. arrrrrgh... heh]

Jeloon hightails it back to the stairs to take up a spot on the front line.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Argennian »

When the javelin hits Yosef, he staggers under the blow. He grabs up the ogre spear and makes his way back even further to the top of the stairwell, hoping that his companions will cover his retreat.

When he gets to the stairwell, he'll remove the Poition of Healing from his pouch and down it quickly, fearing that another well-aimed strike will take him out of action...

OOC: Ron, not sure if the DM should be rolling for this but could you regardless?
Last edited by Argennian on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#63 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, since he is not in melee range with any opponent, will hold his ground.

OOC: Crap, I could have healed Yosef... I saw this thread too late.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by rredmond »

Day 14 – Late Morning

Round 2.
Healing Potion restores 7 hps.

Initiative for twig guys [1d6] = 2

The stickmen still on top of the colums are able to get off another javelin while everyone starts moving backward. They send towards Till and Yosef (who the eDice seem to hate) but both miss.

Till on the other hand gets off a good shot and his bullet hits the stickman causing him to explode into sooty ash.

Everyone else has plenty of time to back up and rendezvous at the top of the stairs.

Actions and initiative please. This is a double attack round coming up for the fighters, so if melee ensues they will get to attack at the beginning of the round, as well as at the end. Let me know who is standing where on the steps, remember only two by two if you want to be effective in combat.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 35/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 39/40
WIH: Till: sling [lamp]; Jeloon: bow and arrow [Longsword (20' radius light), shield]; Derek: bow and arrow [Longsword (20' radius light), shield]; Yosef: oil [ogre spear or long sword]; Bruard: oil [Mace, shield]; staying back - Van: spear, shield; Eyman: Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Bruard; 2 - Yosef & Wergrim; 3 - Derek & Till
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 34 minutes left, 30' radius; Torch (Till) 44 minutes left, 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

OOC: If my count is right, we have one stickman up on a column still and two down on the ground, right?

Initiative [1d6] = 6

Till figures the two brawny fighters and the cleric can take out the two stickmen rushing to engage them in melee, so he stands off to one side and concentrates on taking down the last stickman on the column (I believe this is the one Derek already hit for 8 pts of damage?).

"Yosef, let's get that last one on the column!"

To Hit, Sling [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11

If that hits...

Damage, Sling (Small/Medium) [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Last edited by Alethan on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by migellito »

Jeloon will take up position at rank one, left side of formation, to meet oncoming melee.

Magic longsword thaco16 - [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 = AC12
pfft

Magic longsword thaco16 - [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 = AC12

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#67 Post by Vokarius »

First roll (using the right stats this time)
[1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19
and
[1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18

Damage is
[1d8+4] = 6+4 = 10
and
[1d8+4] = 1+4 = 5
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Holy Schnike! Nice hits, Vok!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Argennian »

Yosef feels the healing and restoring properties of the potion course through his elven frame as the action continues to go down...
Alethan wrote:..."Yosef, let's get that last one on the column!"
Yosef, hearing Till's direction, makes ready quickly with his shortbow and targets the last stickman left standing atop the columns. He sends two more arrows rapidly in the wooden tomb defender's direction...

Yosef's 1st arrow to hit:
[1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8 (hits AC10)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2784

1st arrow damage:
[1d6] = 6

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2785

Yosef's 2nd arrow to hit:
[1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2786

(yeah... wont even bother rolling damage for that last one)

OOC: potion of healing marked off character sheet
Last edited by Argennian on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by Alethan »

Don't think Bruard would be able to swing if he's in second ranks, so... looks like we all have our actions in, right?
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#71 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Don't think Bruard would be able to swing if he's in second ranks, so... looks like we all have our actions in, right?
That's what I thought as well...
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#72 Post by Vokarius »

(OOC: Stabby, stabby.)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

Day 14 – Late Morning

Round 3.

Initiative for stick guys = 4

As two stickmen charge and one stickman prepares to throw the swoosh and twang of missile weapons occur. Both of Yosef's arrows fly wide and miss their mark, while Till's bullet finds it's mark, doing damage though the man still throws his javelin...

But before that happens, the charging stickmen, arms outstretched, clash with the two fighters. Jeloon misses both swipes with her sword, but her opponent is equally unsuccessful with two swipes of his gnarley hands. While Derek is able to chop a good strike, cracking the twig man in half and causing it to fall to sticks and splinters.

The javelin flies unerringly (of course) toward Yosef (the e-roller really has it out for the multiclassed elf) and hits for 6 HPs of damage.

Updated HPs and MO (I'm guessing that's how you are on the stairs). Actions and initiative please. This is a single attack round coming up for the fighters.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 35/36; Yosef - 4/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 39/40
WIH: Till: sling [lamp]; Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [ogre spear or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; staying back - Van: spear, shield; Eyman: Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2 - Bruard; 3 - Yosef & Till
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 33 minutes left, 30' radius; Torch (Till) none lit at this point, 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 2

Till winces as he watches another javelin fly into his friend and is elated that Yosef used his potion like a good elf.

"Oi, Yosef, you're a javelin magnet today, lad! Bruard, can you do something for him? I'll try to get the bugger..." He winds up for another throw at the stickman on the column...

To Hit, Sling [1d20+6] = 19+6 = 25

Damage, Sling (Small/Medium) [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

Till watches his sling bullet strike home with a solid hit. "Aye, I think that got'em!"
Last edited by Alethan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#75 Post by Vokarius »

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by migellito »

Jeloon chops at the twiggy thing with her sword!

Magic longsword thaco16 - [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 = AC 9

assuming it's a miss
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#77 Post by ToniXX »

OOC: If I'm not mistaken, Yosef is next to me, or close enough to do the following:

Bruard turns to Yosef and pulls out his holy symbol. He puts his other hand on Yosef's shoulder and says a prayer.
Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 7

OOC: Prior to this, I had mace and shield in hand. I assume I can put them away (or at least throw them down), then cast CLW in one round?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Guess we just need an action from Argennian? Couple of choices there for ya, it looks like.. (at least you're back up to normal HP! Assuming you don't get hit again before our turn this round)
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Argennian »

Yosef steels himself from another potentially-deadly javelin strike. "I guess those stickmen don't like elves much" he thinks to himself. In addition to his halfling companion, the elf is also immediately thankful that he drank that healing potion.

With what appears to be malice on his strained visage, Yosef lets fly with another two arrows at the last defiant stickman standing on the pillar...

Yosef's 1st arrow to hit:
[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2823

(wont even bother with arrow damage roll here)

Yosef's 2nd arrow to hit:
[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2824

(oh bloody hell! What's up with the "elf hate" mr. dice roller?! :roll: :lol: )

Yosef, although suddenly horrified at his deficient accuracy, is somewhat bolstered and reinvigorated by Bruard's healing spell. "My thanks to you and Shinare, friend Bruard!" he utters as he blinks his eyes in an attempt to refocus on the evasive wooden, javelin-slinging bastardization!

OOC: yes, those were 2 separate rolls! Character sheet adjusted to show current HP and arrows fired! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by rredmond »

Day 14 – Late Morning

Round 4.

Initiative for stick guys [1d6] = 1

As the stickman on the column bends to pick up another javelin Yosef's arrows continue their errant behavior and miss their mark, while Till's bullet finds it's mark, the stickman wobbles from the hit, and topples off the column becoming splinters as he hits the ground.

Jeloon can't seem to hit the stickman in front of her, but Derek is able to sidle around and get in a good swipe. Of course this just offers him the opportunity for another target. And the stickman does attack Derek with two swipes of his gnarled hands.

[1d20] = 20 [1d20] = 19 wow.
Both strikes are particularly effective causing a total of 6 hps of damage.

At this point Bruard (who is in the center of the pack), is able to lay aside shield and mace, finishes his prayers to Shinare and Yosef feels rejuvenated!

Updated HPs and spells. Actions and initiative please. This is a double attack round coming up for Jeloon and Derek.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 35/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 33/40
WIH: Till: sling [lamp]; Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [ogre spear or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; staying back - Van: spear, shield; Eyman: Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2 - Bruard; 3 - Yosef & Till
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 32 minutes left, 30' radius; Torch (Till) none lit at this point, 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-3/5, 2-4/4

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”