Chapter 1 - Amateur Style Mercenaries

MonkeyWrench
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 1 - Amateur Style Mercenaries

#61 Post by Antman9 »

(Aedilberct) [Defense: 11][AR: 0] (HP: 30/30)
Action: Concludes his business with the woman

seeing there isn't much he can do for the woman, Aedilberct stands and moves toward the main door, "Malzahel, perhaps Athras can assist you with the woman? We need to move." Aedilberct exits the barn and joins Hamish, saying "Lead the way my Dwarven friend. There is nothing more we can do for the woman at this time," as he follows the Dwarf and the blood trail to its origin.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Summary Post

As the more magically and nature inclined look over the health of Eshara, The dwarven sentry, Hamish, reports back to the group his findings on the blood trail that the group had past, just before meeting with Malzahel. With nothing more to do Aedilberct stands and joins his Dwarven companion, suggesting that the two elves tend to the wounded and unconscious Dalish. Uncertainty is plain upon Malzahel's face, Athras, knowing the burdens of life and death, puts his hand on Malzahels shoulder and quietly, but sternly, says "Go with them, your bow will aid in whatever caused that trail of blood. My skills can be better suited here, tending to the wounded, perhaps I will even learn more as I provide healing." With a moment to contemplate the decision Malzahel nods and walks towards the two adventurers.

As the trio exit the barn/warehouse and make their way towards the beginnings of the trail of blood. Malzahel bends down to inspect it, he reports to the other two, "This blood is fresh... Not even a couple hours old." He eyes widen as he thinks over the possibilities, muttering under his breath, "I hope Ha'aven and Eleara are alright..." he stands with the two as their eyes trail over in the direction that Hamish pointed out. As they followed the trail it did indeed lead towards the smaller shed that was adjacent to a large farm house, most likely the managing family of this entire set of fields. The windows were all covered in dust and with the waning light of the day it is impossible to see anything inside them with any certainty, no noise comes from the house at all. The shed doors are shut and from this distance the group can hear a very faint crackle sound. Everyone roll a perception roll to see if they can make out the sound any better - Optional roll.

As the group took in their surroundings they notice that there is a small field in front of the house, the soil does not appear to have been planted yet, but it has been tilled, and a mound of sorts sits in the middle of the field, as if something were possibly buried there. Farther down, past the farm house sits barn like building, from this distance the faint sounds of movement and animal noises can be heard from within, but nothing distinct enough to be made out.

Actions? I will be NPCing Beefy and Rhal's characters for the time being, I've also moved Athras over to the NPC thread since he hasn't been here for some time and his sheet isn't even filled out. He will most likely be making a support and background role, I probably won't even have him in actual combat. I'm hoping Beefy comes back soon.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

worst roll ever
Throm
Perception Check [3d6] = 4
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Considers the scene

Aedilberct surveys the scene before him and considers his option, listening intently for signs of life or trouble.

Perception Check: [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 3, [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

Aedilberct turns to Hamish and says, "Do you see that hump in the field Hamish? We should check it out after we search this shed. I fear it may be a body of one of the villagers."

Aedilberct moves in the direction of the blood, intent on carefully searching the shed.
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#65 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Whistling a jaunty little tune, a short, lightweight...and surprisingly bald boy skips out of the barn, carrying a sack slung over his shoulder. He walks for a few dozen feet before noticing a strange group armed to the teeth. Stopping for a mere second with a look of absolute horror, he sprouts a huge ear to ear grin as he sprints to the group. Ah man look as all this stuff I just stole! WOOHOO! This is like the best treasure I have ever found in the history of anything!

Throwing the sack off of his shoulder it spills out a mixture of seeds, animal feed and leaves. This is great right? I mean like, have you ever seen anything so gorgeous? As the words leave his lips he grabs a handful of the animal feed and starts attempting to eat it while still grinning. He casually holds out a hand full of seed to any of the onlookers.
Last edited by YamItheonly1 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Bahahahahahhahahahahah, oh man.... he ate the bag of feed.

I'll get a summary post out to everyone tomorrow morning, give you all time to respond to the new guy that likes eating animal feed.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Summary Post

As the group make their way towards the small shed like building, the sounds of crackling coming from within, Aedilberct, listens in, his educated ears able to pick up the noise as a small fire that is burning wood along with something else. Hamish simply shrugs, not able to get that much information but not caring enough to dispute the mages claim. As they near the wood the sounds of doors opening and joyful whistling can be heard from a distance, looking over in the direction they spot a young human with a clean, and quite shiny, bald head, carrying some regular travelling items and some bags of feed.

Once the young man spots the trio he immediately begins bolting towards them, a grin plastered on his face for all the world to see. Once he reaches them, the group staying still but still on guard, he drops the bags of feed on the ground, ripping one and letting it's contents spill out. He spews out in a hasty manner, "Ah man look as all this stuff I just stole! WOOHOO! This is like the best treasure I have ever found in the history of anything!" The young man bends down to the feed bag, scooping out a handful of it and then speaking quickly to the group, "This is great right? I mean like, have you ever seen anything so gorgeous?" He then wastes no time in shoving it greedily into his mouth. As he uses one hand to cover his mouth, so that no feed can escape his jaws of gluttony, he uses his other hand to scoop some feed up and offer it to the group, who has since been mostly shocked to inactivity, their minds trying to comprehend how this one young human bald boy has survived in a place that reeks of danger and secrets and why on the Maker himself is he eating animal feed.

Once their mind have somewhat returned Aedilberct takes another quick sweep of the grounds, noticing the large buried mound in the field, speaking to his Dwarf companion, "Do you see that hump in the field Hamish? We should check it out after we search this shed. I fear it may be a body of one of the villagers." As the mage makes his way to the shed and begins searching he can tell the bloody body dragging trail leads to the shed, after checking the handle he finds that the door is not locked, a simple push later sends the door flowing in, but what the group saw next made their bones chill and bile rise to their throat.

Inside the shed was indeed a small fire, built as a fire pit in the middle of the building, but within the fire are two cut up and desecrated bodies, burning and smoking as the fire cooks their dead flesh, the fire licking and peeling skin from the bones and the heavy scent of death hangs inside the shed, by far the most pungent smell of everything, from Malzahel's retching it may be same to assume these two were the friends he had mentioned earlier and were looking for. As the group tries to put the fire out or save what charred remains are left of the two elven bodies the group finds a word, or writing, on one of the inside shed walls; the message was wrote in blood and due to the size they were going sparingly. Malzahel looks at the word, his eyes widening and his mouth going slightly agape. He looks to the group, his eyes filled with despair at the loss of his friends and this new information, "The word is Dalish, it means Mythal, the Dalish God of Revenge..."

During all of this time the young Bald human thief has been knelt down and enjoying his feed bag but at the presence of the dead and roasting bodies he stops his eating and dons a more serious look, waiting for this new groups introductions and explanation of what is going on...

Actions! Shall you talk? Dance Battle?!?!??!?!? or do something completely unexpected!?
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Solemnly as possible Lucas puts the bag of feed down, finishes chewing and walks over to Malzahel "So uhhhh...is he like the god of good or evil revenge?"

Lucas cranes his neck to look inside of the building while staying 2-3 feet from the door. Does he notice anything else, perhaps a killer hiding in the shadows? Perception [3d6+1] = 8+1 = 9
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Looking inside reveals a small shed like building, roughly 5x5 with a fire pit made in the center that has burning and torn apart elf bodies, the walls look like they may have held some sort of equipment but everything was taken out to give more room for the fire and writing.

Malzahel looks towards the bald headed boy, his eyes hollow and full of grief, his answer is monotone, as if he isn't fully there. "Mythal is neither, revenge is neither good nor evil, it is simply a means to an end. But Mythal is not a peaceful god if that is what you mean... Full of rage and anger." Malzahel then does what he can to stop the fire and retrieve the broken, torn, and burnt bodies of his friends.
GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hamish replies to Aedilberct "I agree and fear for the same as you. I may be one of the missing villagers. I'm not to keen on what lies inside this shed either. I am prepared for a terrible horror in there. All that blood cannot mean a good thing."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#71 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Seeing his conversation companion start the horrible job of clean up, Lucas joins in, helping as much as he can While working Lucas will talk to Malzahel "So who would write his name on the wall? One of the villagers maybe?" turning to the others "Do you guys have any ideas?"

Although his tone is somber, his eyes are still shining with excitement and his cheeks and head are flushed with excitement with the prospect of traveling companions.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Inspects the Shed

Aedilberct cringes at the scene but does not falter in his task. Moving into the shed with purpose he tries to put out the fire and gather the bodies, or rather parts, with care, while inspecting the layout to see if the parts have been thrown willy-nilly or placed purposefully into the fire and how they were dismembered (blade, claw, or teeth).

Perception Check: [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 6, [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

He speaks a soothing word to Malzahel while he works, “Let us handle this Malzahel. Stand watch while we work. We shall give them a proper departure. Tend to your grief now while you can. We will need your anger soon enough.” then turns to the boy. “Thank you for your assistance…Forgive my manners, our task has a level of tension that precludes pleasantries I’m afraid. What is your name?

When he has completed his task he will search the rest of the shed and address Malzahel, “Do you have a specific burial need or tradition for your friends Malzahel? I should not like to leave them in such a state, but our task pushes our path forward.

Is there anything nearby we can use to transport the bodies?

EDIT:
Aedilberct, having found no suitable mode of transport, carefully lays the bodies in a corner and moves out to check the mound in the field, his countenance firm.
Last edited by Antman9 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Your search concludes that the bodies were placed with no predetermined thought, thrown about without any regard. As for the type of weapon the skin looks hacked and sheared, as if the weapon was a saw or blade in desperate need of sharpening and care.

As for the nearby search, you don't see anything nearby, but then again, there's still lots of buildings to search.
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"My name is Lucas, yours?" Lucas pipes up from the heels of Aedilberct, following Aedilberct like a puppy.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Heads toward the mound

"Lucas is a fine name for a young lad such as yourself. I am Aedilberct, a Circle Mage from the Circle Tower." Aedilberct says looking thoughtfully as Lucas follows along. "Where do you, or should I say did you, live? Somewhere nearby? Aedilberct asks as he moves toward the mound in the field.
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#76 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"Aedilberct? Gee your parents..." stopping for a moment Lucas looks up at Aedilberct to see if he heard the beginning of a snarky remark. "Actually I was just passing through, I decided to stop when I saw no one was here, figured it'd be a good place to loot and sleep for the night...boy was I wrong." Despite the terrors that Lucas has just seen he seems to not be fazed at all, keeping a cheerful, smiling demeanor.

"So why are YOU here? "

as soon as Aedilberct begins to do something with the mound Lucas will help
GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hamish "Hi Lucas. You're in a delightful mood for someone that's been through a lot. Good lad." and the dwarf smiles.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Does Hamish follow Aedilberct and Lucas towards the mound?
GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Summary Post

As the party finally introduces themselves to the new member, exchanging pleasantries while standing among the ripped and shredded remains of the resident Dalish Elves childhood friends, the weather is not too hot nor too cold but truly just right for meeting folks. The ever present stagnation of a breeze has not left however, and now it almost feels as if the group is being watched as they make their way towards the mound of dirt in the field.

Upon reaching the mound they find that it is dug up soil, roughly 2 feet in length and less than a foot in width. The way it was dug up is erratic with loose dirt flung to the sides, as if the mound was dug first by hand or claw and then pushed back in.

Malzahel stands near the group with bow at the ready, searching the windows of the house as well as the nearby area in general, his eyes red from crying silently, off to the side so as to not spoil the rather pleasant introductions of the others.

Actions? Dance battle? Farm simulator?!

Return to “Dragon Age - Clash of Steel, Age of Magic”