OOC

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC

#61 Post by gray mouser »

Hey folks. Once again it seems I need to offer my apologies for slacking off in the game. Things have been busy on the home front with work and my dissertation. Additionally, we just had the birth of a new son who it turns out has Downs Syndrome and so that has been taking up mroe than a bit of my time, as well.

I will endeavor to read through the posts I have missed since I last visited and post this evening.

Again, my apologies!
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Solinor »

Well I for one just missed the gnomish wit and can't imagine anyone replicating what you have done with Halmod.

I never thought to just email you (great idea rredmond!). :)

Welcome back and if you are absent in the future due to RL I will just... email you and ask! :)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Hey Sol, just checking (normally I keep better track :oops: ) but I know I used the LIGHT spell... don't think I utilized any Cure Light Wounds yet today... which could be a good thing, or did I heal up the Ranger? Shoot, mayhap I did. Er, let me know if you've got it, I think I might have CLW left, but I'll check through the thread when I get a chance if you don't know offhand.

Thanks!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:...did I heal up the Ranger?
I just checked my character sheet and the only healing Kraden got was a CLW(?) from Ankhar while in combat with that lucky armored bastard who needs a new job. Can't remember if you spent it earlier though.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

that's right! Excellent, I think I have 2 CLWs if we are resting...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Argennian »

Argennian wrote:
rredmond wrote:...did I heal up the Ranger?
I just checked my character sheet and the only healing Kraden got was a CLW(?) from Ankhar while in combat with that lucky armored bastard who needs a new job. Can't remember if you spent it earlier though.
I was wrong here guys, apologies. Turns out Nuonne did cast a CLW on Kraden for 2 points to bring him back to 2hp, back on page 9 of this thread:

rredmond wrote:Let's give Kraden that crappy HP roll I made last round.

I've got another, if needed and I know Ankhar has healing (I think) as well.

rredmond wrote:Intentions for Round 13:

Nuonne is going to assume that Ankhar has decent backup at this point and, if he can, get's over to Kraden:

"Let the healing light of Dyleus bathe you!"

Cure Light: [1d8] = 2

OOC: yeah the light is dimming... Nuonne's going to assess where he is best needed after this, but I do have another CL...
OOC: let me know if this is logistically impossible. Didn't coordinate with the map
!

Solinor wrote:...Nuonnes healing magic ceases the bleeding, but Kraden still looks very unwell. With Nuonne's knowledge of his capabilities he thinks this wound is beyond his ability to mend.
See bolded above in ooc. It looks like Nuonne still has 1 CLW spell left. It wouldn't make sense that I was even able to talk let alone move about at 0hp. Nuonne did heal Kraden after all. Apologies again for the incorrect info < the one time I dont mark my character sheet! :shock:>
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
dramaman
Scout
Scout

#67 Post by dramaman »

Just a thought, but considering we're not going to have Kraden to assist us in combat, it may be beneficial for one of the clerics to pray for a Bless spell and then cast it when we are ready to move forward. I don't know Sol's rules regarding the spell but I've played it before where it's effect lasts until the party has executed 6 full melee combat rounds. +1 to hit would definitely be helpful.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by rredmond »

Great idea (as is the faerie fire) it makes sense, as we worship the same deity, to coordinate spells. But being and old-school cleric, the combat-medic in me dies hard, I worry about having enough curing powers to keep us going. Always like Light because of it's utility. But I won't choose spells until zeb and I can coordinate and DM gives ruling on Bless.

PS: zeb, how'd the move go? I'm assuming smoothly.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by Solinor »

dramaman wrote:Just a thought, but considering we're not going to have Kraden to assist us in combat, it may be beneficial for one of the clerics to pray for a Bless spell and then cast it when we are ready to move forward. I don't know Sol's rules regarding the spell but I've played it before where it's effect lasts until the party has executed 6 full melee combat rounds. +1 to hit would definitely be helpful.
I reviewed the second edition version as well and it will be in effect for 6 rounds after the spell is cast. I find it odd that they state "6 melee rounds" in the PHB for that spell but not other spells.

My thoughts as to why I am against using it that way: The effects could carry over a period of days. For example, you cast it while resting in town one day and the next day you go adventuring. You didn't bother memorizing bless because you had cast it while in town the previous day. Not that I think its a game breaker or over powering, just dont think thats what was intended for the spell.

I will allow you to cast it on one weapon so it can hit creatures only struck by magical weapons. But it will not stack with any other pluses a weapon may have.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by Solinor »

I don't know if you want any input from me on spells you guys cast, such as CLW. I haven't felt like I needed to say anything.
dramaman
Scout
Scout

#71 Post by dramaman »

Solinor wrote:
dramaman wrote:Just a thought, but considering we're not going to have Kraden to assist us in combat, it may be beneficial for one of the clerics to pray for a Bless spell and then cast it when we are ready to move forward. I don't know Sol's rules regarding the spell but I've played it before where it's effect lasts until the party has executed 6 full melee combat rounds. +1 to hit would definitely be helpful.
I reviewed the second edition version as well and it will be in effect for 6 rounds after the spell is cast. I find it odd that they state "6 melee rounds" in the PHB for that spell but not other spells.

My thoughts as to why I am against using it that way: The effects could carry over a period of days. For example, you cast it while resting in town one day and the next day you go adventuring. You didn't bother memorizing bless because you had cast it while in town the previous day. Not that I think its a game breaker or over powering, just dont think thats what was intended for the spell.

I will allow you to cast it on one weapon so it can hit creatures only struck by magical weapons. But it will not stack with any other pluses a weapon may have.
No problem. Somewhat ambiguous spell description makes it an obvious DM call for how the spell plays out. Qualifying it for creatures struck by magical weapons is a nice twist.

Maybe I ought to post the question on Dragonsfoot and see how many different responses I get :lol:

Incidently Faerie Fire will also allow me to make one human-sized target +2 to hit, I believe. That may come in handy in a close fight with a tough opponent.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by Solinor »

dramaman wrote:Maybe I ought to post the question on Dragonsfoot and see how many different responses I get :lol:

Incidently Faerie Fire will also allow me to make one human-sized target +2 to hit, I believe. That may come in handy in a close fight with a tough opponent.
Certainly, and with a bless on top of that we get +3!

I think I posted on Dragonsfoot about bless. Here it is: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... ss#p721081
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

I'm thinking of going with the CLW, CLW, Light combo that I've had then.

I know there was a blown save in there, but Light turned out perfectly helpful in our BBE-Cleric encounter! :)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by rredmond »

Solinor wrote:I don't know if you want any input from me on spells you guys cast, such as CLW. I haven't felt like I needed to say anything.
Nah, it's my own fault for losing track of the spells. Won't happen again I hope.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by zebediah »

I might change my selection a bit:

Clerical: Cure Light Wounds (x2), Command
M-U: Sleep
rredmond wrote: PS: zeb, how'd the move go? I'm assuming smoothly.
Everything went fine, thanks. I am already installed at my new apartment. If you ever come over to the old continent for holidays let me know!
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by Solinor »

Sorry, for the delay. Its been a busy weekend and its the wifes b-day today. I need to conclude some exploration by wolf pack as well.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Solinor »

Should have wolf packs exploration done shortly.
dramaman
Scout
Scout

#78 Post by dramaman »

No problem. The long labor day weekend pretty much occupied my attention until today.
Caspur
Strider
Strider

#79 Post by Caspur »

Just weighing in on the Bless spell topic:

Bless (Conjuration/Summoning) Reversible
Level: 1 Components: V S M
Range: 6" Casting Time: 1 round
Duration: 6 melee rounds Saving Throw: None
Area of Effect: 5" X 5"

Explanation/Description: Upon uttering the bless spell, the caster raises the morale of friendly creatures by +l. Furthermore, it raises their "to hit" dice rolls by +l. A blessing, however, will affect only those not already engaged in melee combat. This spell can be reversed by the cleric to a curse upon enemies which lowers morale and "to hit" by -1. The caster determines at what range (up to 6") he or she will cast the spell, and it then affects all creatures in an area 5" square centered on the point the spell was cast upon. In addition to the verbal and somatic gesture components, the bless requires holy water, while the curse requires the sprinkling of specially polluted water.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by rredmond »

it's that whole 'before the fightin' starts' piece that makes this spell rough in a dungeon.

Return to “Mortaya”