Part 2: The Barrow Fields

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Part 1: Helix

#61 Post by Ludanto »

Mortiganto lets Dren get a little way ahead before following him toward the eastern-most mound.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"
RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#62 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic draws his bow back out and scanning the moors, follows Mortiganto
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by ybn1197 »

Dren:
As you head over to the mound, you hear some sounds coming from the southern portion of the mound. The sound is very low and sounds like mumbling. In fact, the sound is so low, you are almost on top of the elf wearing ring mail before either of you notice the other. He has a long sword at his side and is quickly looking through his backpack, unaware of you.
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Marcus Outside Mounds***

Seeing the little fellow take off on his own, Marcus calls out. "Dren, wait up." Jogging over toward Dren, Marcus keeps alert to his surroundings. For he is aware that dangers wait these mounds from within and on top.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by ybn1197 »

Gawain hears Marcus call out to Dren and spots the halfling approach.

Dren:
Just as an FYI, I rolled a 28% for Move Silently and a 33% for Hide in Shadows.
Gawain:
You arrived at the Barrowmaze from the south-west and this is the second mound you have come to. The first mound appeared to have been looted long ago. A short stone stairway led down to a 30x30 tomb. You found the broken stone door on the floor inside the mound. A broken sarcophagus was resting in the center of the room. Thinking there was nothing of value and hearing noise to the north of your position, you moved on to the next mound.
RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#66 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic takes a position on top of the freshly-looted mound, bow at the ready, keeping watch over his companions.
DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#67 Post by DMStue »

Signalling Morti and Pyrrhic to wait, Dren stands up over the edge of the hill and coughs to attract the Elf's attention before speaking.

"Hail there fine fellow, what seek you in the Barrowmaze? Heard you mumbling I did and hoped it a sound of a living soul in these desolate hills"

If the Elf makes any aggressive action, Dren will shriek as if in fear and run down the hill towards Morti
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"
imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by imperialus »

Gawain jumps with a start and his hand goes to his sword hilt when he hears Dren's cough, but upon seeing that it does indeed come from a person he smiles and says:

"hail yourself. You may call me Gawain... I suspect that I seek the same as you, treasure, fame, excitement... Little changes among my people, so I have elected to wander, and put my sword to the test among the ephemerals. This far it has been... disappointing, and it would appear that some vermin got into some of my rations." he says gesturing towards his pack.
DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#69 Post by DMStue »

"To wander alone in such a quest is folly, for these mounds have evil reputation. Dren has friends closeby and another blade against our foes would offer protection for all. Would you join with us Gawain? Or does your path lead you elsewhere?"

Dren awaits a response, hopeful that they have found a friend in an unexpected place.
imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#70 Post by imperialus »

Gawain nods grins and extends his hand. "Agreed. This place does have an evil air about it. Where are you bound? I have entered one barrow thus far and found it lacking in excitement. Perhaps with you my luck will be better."
DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#71 Post by DMStue »

Reaching up and shaking Gawain's hand, Dren waves back to the others to come over.

"Heading to yonder barrow Dren is along with Mortiganto, Pyrrhic ........." Dren introduces the others to Gawain as they catch up.
Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Ludanto »

Mortiganto gives a nod to the new guy and follows to the next mound.
RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#73 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic keeps a close eye on the new group member from the top of the mound. After the rest of the party has made it to the next mound, he will take up his sentinel position on the top of that mound.
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Marcus...Heading to Other Mound***

Seeing Den waving, Marcus makes his way over to the other mound. Noticing the new face, Marcus greets the stranger. "I heard you mention to Den that you wish to join us as we search these mounds. Well, I say welcome aboard!" Holding out his hand, "I am Marcus, and look there," pointing behind himself, "here come the rest of the party."
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by ybn1197 »

From your latest position, you see another barrow to Northeast and one to the Southwest. You appear to be standing on one as well, however time seems to have buried the entrance.
Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hedric the Strange

The newcomer, for all appearances, seems to be elven so Hedric greets him in that language "Well met, Gawain. I am Hedric." he says with a short bow.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."
Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Ludanto »

"Gawain," Mortiganto says, "You say you've already explored a bit? Did you find anything interesting? Which way have you already covered? There's no point in retreading old ground. Should we head to the southwest, or the northeast?"
imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#78 Post by imperialus »

Gawain nods "Yes, I have already searched a barrow to the south and west. It would appear that it had been looted some time ago. I would suggest we explore further to the North East, though I have not yet opened the one that we stand upon either."
Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Ludanto »

"Well, it's probably not safe to stand around in the open like this, talking or digging," Mortiganto replies. "If it was buried when we got here, it will likely be buried when we come back."

He looks at his assembled companions.

"Everyone ready? Let's head northeast!" he declares, and begins walking toward the northeast mound, wary of lurking dangers.
RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#80 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic nods in agreement.
"I'll keep an eye out and cover our movements. Lets get underground where it may or may not be safer."

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”