To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequel)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequ

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm just going to keep super speeding stopping to look and listen then move towards anything I hear that could be Vorpal.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rukellian »

The second floor on the left of the hotel mainly consists of walkways, rooms, and a laundry chute. The elevators and stairs are still functioning and intact. You notice that there is a lot of doors that were slashed down, Vorpal's handiwork from the looks of it. As you approach the end of the hallway, in the upper leftern most corner of the area, you see a door swung wide open, glass littering the floor and green goo.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Looks like familiar work." he follows the obvious work of his old friend Vorpal. Avoiding the elevators and sticking to the stairs, hallways and the like.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rukellian »

You move towards the open door and start to feel gusts of wind pouring out from it. This must be where the window broke! You cannot hear any more animalistic screeching or screams but instead the sound of heavy boots approaching the doorway you are hiding next to.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak despite his better instincts says "Vorp is that you?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak despite his better instincts says "Vorp is that you?"
You can hear a hearty laugh as Vorpal's image swings around the corner. "Should of known I'd bump into you in this hell hole of a hotel!"

He then looks around the hall and asks as he does so, "you see any more of those freaky creatures the Big Green Guy set loose? I managed to take down one of them just recently," he motions to the room behind him with his only free hand. "Was wondering if there were any others nearby."
GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Well yes there were some on the bottom floor where I entered the place. I took one down but it built some device that I also destroyed. But the damned contraption F$%@ed up the containment field of Sym's. I think these things can get out. Oh and I have a nice stash awaiting us when we get this hellish place cleared. Cleaned out the vending machines of the food that was still good and the booze from the bar." he smiles at Vorpal "You appear to be having an easier time killing the things than I have. I've already used about a fourth of the shots I get outta this pack. Care to go tag team stile on these F#$%ers?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rukellian »

"Hehe, good thing, I don't run on ammo!" Vorpal flexes his sword arm and slaps it proudly. "Don't tell me them charger things gave you a hard time already, this was more of a warm up than anything else." It grows increasingly apparent that Vorpal's enemy was much more fragile and much more easily taken care of then the armored super soldier you just fought.

"A stash you say? Awesome! After eating only poptarts for so long, you kinda get sick of eating the same old shit, you know?"

Please roll for an awareness check. ;)
GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Awareness Check ? [1d100] = 41

"Yes they have given me a rougher time than you but I outwitted the damned thing. No idea where the others that rose up on the platform are. The freaking things can take a lot of damage is the issue I have. It does not help that I can't take as much damage as them or even you old friend."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rukellian »

"So, uhh... how many are left you think? You said you saw them rise from somewhere, did you see how many? And don't, don't ask me whether I know or not! Hell, I do not even remember how I got here, damn that Big Green Guy... One moment I am lifting weights, the next I find myself waking up in one of these rooms with a pounding headache. Like what the hell?!"

Vorpal looks back into the room he was in, out the window with a restless look on his face. "You mentioned a containment field as well? So he had us trapped in here on top of letting loose those creatures? Do I F---in' look like a guinea pig to you?!" You barely hold back a laugh as he says this, knowing fully well what Symbiosis thinks of him.
GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Unfortunately yes he sees us as just minions or in some cases the muscle but not the brains or even equals of himself. Eventually we might have to revolt on the bastard. But yes there was a lot more than the one I killed. Sounds like this damned hotel will be full of em from the way Sym put it. He wants us his best soldiers to test out his new creations. If they are too easy for us he will likely make them stronger. You know evil science freaks right...I just form an army the normal way recruiting other villains not this mad science sh$t!" he pauses to listen for more soldiers. "There were 5 on the platform I saw but I don't have a clue where the other 4 went. They were the heavy armored ones of course and it appears Sym might have made them a bit too intelligent. As I said they are building devices that appear to disrupt the containment field. I doubt Sym had accounted for that, imagine the look on his face when an army of his own creation starts ruining his little island."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rukellian »

"Well then that just leaves three more! I-" It is at this time, when talking to Vorpal about the other creatures, that you finally notice a red laser point hovering just over his chest. For how long, you don't know, but the expression on your face stops him short, forcing him to look down. You look to the end of the hall and find one of the creatures bending around a corner with a rifle raised. Before you even have time to say anything, the creature fires its rifle sending a green energy bullet deep into Vorpal!

Vorpal staggers backwards some clutching to his chest. As he tries to retreat back into the room he was just in. "Shit! One of his creations?! Damn it that hurt, burns too, gaahhh!"

Actions and Rolls when you are ready :)
GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

S.O.B.! Init[1d100 +6] = 24+6 = 30

Hot Streak turns as fast as he can manage and launches a counter attack fire spray. Yes slightly different than the normal fire ball or fire wall it is like a flame thrower motion trying to hit multiple targets.

Fire Spray[1d100] = 87

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

[1d100] = 67 The creature with the rifle wins initiative this round and manages to slip itself back around the corner of the wall, dodging the flame spray attack. You are close to the end of the hallway now, with basic running. You hear a wrenching sound behind you as notice Vorpal rushing to catch up to you, with a door as a make shift shield in his one free hand. Looks like he isn't as stupid as you thought he was. ;) "Did you get the S.O.B.?"
GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Like you'd believe me if I told you it was faster than me." he chuckles "No the bastard went around the corner." hoping Vorp will follow him he moves cautiously towards the corner at the corner he will crounch down and try to blast the freak of nature again if he can see it.

Init[1d100 +6] = 11+6 = 17 this freaking roller is really pissin me off....

Fireball Attack[1d100] = 28 yeah this aint gonna work I'm done using this p.o.s. roller. :evil:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rukellian »

Slowly turning around the corner, you find the mutant soldier with the rifle running and already working towards the other side of the hotel. You fire a ball of flame at it, hoping to stop it in its tracks. No dice. The fireball misfires and hits one of the walls nearby the windowed corridor on the other side. The rifled soldier continues to run, not looking back.

Just as a reminder, Vorpal is an npc and may be considered as one of your henchmen. Give him orders, orders that he would be willing to follow, and make use of his sturdiness. There is no need to waste any charges on your pack when a simple sword slice or diversionary tactic will suffice.
GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Alright Vorp, I really hate to do this to you brother but the freak is running down there and I'm wasting too many charges on this piece of crap Sym made me. Go get em I'll back you up. Slice n Dice time!"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rukellian »

"Fine by me... I better get a good cut of the food stash though if this keeps up." He chuckles as he start to make his way to the other side of the hotel, slowing down to look at the smoking remains of the super mutant soldier and the device he set up. "DUDE... YOU did this?! This guy looks frickin decked out in armor, and HOLY SHIT!!! What a badass gun! Too heavy for ya? Hehe..." Looking around the room more closely, Vorpal starts to piece together what happened in here and looks back at Hot Streak with another incredulous look. "You said the big green man made these guys? Man... I knew he was into that freaky science shit, but to make guys like these? Is he building an army or something?"
GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "You've been around him longer than I, but yes I suspect that is exactly his plan. I was trying to form a army of villians like us to kill heroes and eventually rule the world as we watch it burn. But Sym is insane. You know me well enough I am glad you finally came to your senses, and yes you can have a 50/50 cut in the stash who knows we might find more elsewhere in this place." he winks and does try to grab the large gun.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

big alien gun.jpg
big alien gun.jpg (245.03 KiB) Viewed 542 times
The weapon looks like the one mounted on the shoulder in the picture. It is very heavy and gives Hot Streak some difficulty when propping it up, but he manages. The design of the weapon is based off of the similiar technologies that went into building his pyro pack, though this is geared to be more of a self-sufficient weapon than an add-on. At a brief glance, you are not sure how to operate the device and you think you will need some time to figure it out. Will need some intelligence checks for this.

Vorpal, not wanting to hang around for too long, starts to decend the stairs to the right, heading to the windowed corridor that the soldier with the rifle fled down.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”