A New Beginning

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: A New Beginning

#61 Post by badams30 »

Wylo

Wylo smiles at the men and says, "Please, gentlemen, we aren't up to any mischief, we are looking for some children. Won't you let us continue on? Have some heart - they are but babies. Can't you please give us some directions or suggestions on where to look? Eno would surely shine upon you for your help." (Wylo hands each of the guards a gold piece -DEDUCTED)

Finton

Finton watched wearily, a sleep spell on the tip of his tongue ready to go.

OOC: Sorry for the delays - I was in Houston yesterday, Dallas today working an event, and hoping to get home tomorrow. My poor wife and kids are home in the icy mess without power, and I'm praying for some clear weather to get home. I am so tired of winter. Go away....

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by spanningtree »

Ceran - Elf

Ceran nods at Wylo's response.

Leena - Mage

Leena wonders how the kids were lost with the watch at same entrance they disappeared from.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by sonofotho »

The Watchman looks at the coin and smiles. "I tell you what. You add five more to this one here, and we may just forget we saw you."

ooc: Actions?

Say hi to Dallas for me! That's where half my family lives. I lived there from 94-99 before moving to Denmark.

And sorry about the weather trouble. I sure picked the right week to visit NC. Last Monday and Wednesday I was wearing shorts in ILM - it got up to the mid-70s! Safe travels home and hope you get power up and running soon!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by spanningtree »

Ceran - Elf

How about we stay quiet about city watchmen trying to extort money from folks looking for lost children, probably something you lot should be doing. He with a shrug as he turns around to leave.

Leena - Mage

Leena will nod in agreement but stay on her toes in case the comment brings about a negative response.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by sonofotho »

Swords are drawn immediately. "All right, ye damn toothless elf," the leader of the Watch spits through clenched teeth. "I don't know nothin' about no damn kids and if I did, I wouldn't give two shits about 'em, see? Now get the Hells back up to the City, before I run you through!"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by badams30 »

Finton

Finton snarls and says "Enough of this!" And he casts sleep on the men.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#67 Post by sonofotho »

With their attention squarely on Ceran, the Watchmen fail to notice Finton's hand gestures until it's too late. The three men fall in a heap on the damp stone floor.

FYI - Since the guards were mainly focused on Ceran given his insolence, I gave you guys a +2 to the initiative roll.

Party wins initiative 8(6+2) to 1. All three guards fail their saving throw (8, 1, 3)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by spanningtree »

Leena - Mage

Walking up to the slumped bodies she will look at around at her comrades unsure of what to do.

Ceran - Elf

Well... if they make it out of here they might bring more trouble down on our heads. If we do anything with them we need to make it look like something other than this scenario just happened. I overheard them talking about a giant spider lurking down one of the tunnels.... he will say not sure what the reaction of the others might be.

Leena - Mage

They did unsheathe their weapons and were willing to extort us.... looking around again.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by sonofotho »

ooc: My guess is Brandon is dealing with a no-power situation at home. Not fun after a long trip...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by spanningtree »

Leena - Mage

(barring someone stopping her)
She will indicate to two of her friends to put two of then men in very close, naked proximity together. Then...

Leena will rip her cloths and lay down to the other watchmen. She will then await the awakening, knowing what the view might be.

No weapons or armor are in sight of the naked folks.

BA: run with it.
:)

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by sonofotho »

ooc: Will definitely wait and see how Brandon plays this one! Certainly didn't see this one coming... :shock:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by badams30 »

Wylo - Cleric

Wylo says to Finton "I don't know if that was very smart." He glances at the plan in progress and says "And I'm not sure if this will work either. But they were willing to extort us, so I guess it is some form of karma."
Wylo shrugs and goes with the plan.

Finton - wizard

Finton smirks at the sight of the downed guards and says sheepishly, "Sorry."

OOC: Okay, so perhaps Wylo will start shouting "What are you doing? Why have you done this?" And we'll deny anything the guards say, and threaten to turn them in unless they disperse immediately. But beforehand, Wylo will take his coins back.

OR we could carefully take them back up, put them naked in a compromising position and leave an upstairs door open or something, and leave.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#73 Post by sonofotho »

ooc: OK, let me know if you want to go with the 'take them up top' approach or wake 'em up naked plan. Just let me in on the specifics of the plan (a or b) and I will post accordingly.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by spanningtree »

occ: yeah, not sure Leena's direction is the best. What do you think BA? :?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by badams30 »

Let's scout the area the men came from. If it leads to someplace toward the surface where people are, we could strip the men, and deposit them in a bad looking situation up top, then secure the way behind us. Sure, they'd probably not be happy with us, but if we wake them and propose that they'd attacked Leena, they may think that killing us might be better than fleeing. Wylo will volunteer to check out the area the men were in.

In hearing all the discussion, Finton says "Why not just tie em' up and deposit them somewhere down here?" He nods at Wylo and says in a low voice "Ol goody two shoes here probably wouldn't be for killing them, even though they were probably content to do it to us. But we can dump em' somewhere and let fate handle em.'"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by spanningtree »

Leena - Mage

That sounds more palatable. She will say as she get's up.

Ceran - Elf

Ceran nods and helps bind them.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by badams30 »

Wylo - Cleric

Wylo looks hesitant for a moment about binding them and leaving them, but he says "Well, they were going to attack us, or at the least extort us." He gets a angry look on his face and says "And they could have cared less about those poor children. That does it. I'm with you." And with that, Wylo helps strip the men of weapons and gear, and bind them securely, gagging them as well.

Finton

Finton smirks as Wylo comes to grips with the plan. He'll help bind them as well. Once that's done, let's take a quick look at where they came from to see if any clues exist. If there is any chance someone is up there, we'll quietly close the door and take the men off down the hall toward the sound of the water. We can stash them someplace there.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#78 Post by sonofotho »

Once the guards are securely bound, Finton slowly and quietly makes his way up the steps from whence the watchmen came. Peaking his head around the corner at the top, he sees a square room with no exits.

Secure in the fact that there is no one else up here, he moves into the room for a closer look. Along one wall are two cots with dirty, moth-eaten blankets. A desk surrounded by four chairs sits in the middle of the room. A stack of papers and some moldy playing cards lay scattered about along with 30-40 copper pieces. A quick glance reveals the papers to be work rosters. Finton notices that the next guard shift isn't until 6 in the evening. The mage scampers back down to relay his findings.

ooc: Actions? I took some liberty with Finton's actions - if there was anything more he would have done up in the room, let me know and I will retro-post!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by badams30 »

OOC: Sorry this has bogged us down. Let's make a decision and move on. Here's what we can do:

1. Take them down the hall someplace and drop them off, and that's it.
2. Leave them in their room bound or not. (they'll wake up eventually, and be a bit angry)

I think depositing them someplace buys us more time. Finton would vote to drop them in the sewer to their fate. Wylo would prefer to leave them in the room, but could be persuaded to dump them in the sewer.

What do you all think?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by spanningtree »

Leena - Mage

Let's dump them in the sewer, we need all the time we can get.

Ceran - Elf

I agree, let's get them dropped off. He will say picking one of them up. Not sure if we should loot them or not...

Leena - Mage

I want nothing of theirs, but I'll leave that up to you.

Return to “Enharza and the Southern Isles (LL sandbox)”