OOC 2 - More Rambling, Ranting, and Such

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC 2 - More Rambling, Ranting, and Such

#61 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:Works for me, Alethan - thanks!
Yep, no problem! I like researching things like that... ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by hedgeknight »

Afternoon fellers > work is kicking my ass today - first time I've had to really log in and check the boards. Will likely not post until tonight/tomorrow.

BTW, it is 80+ degrees outside and beautiful! Nice day for a walk at the beach! 8-)
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:Nice day for a walk at the beach! 8-)

You suck. :( My wife, my son, and I all love the beach... and we live about as far away from any large body of water as you can get in the continental United States.

I'd be there every day if I lived near one. I'd make my job revolve around being there, even.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by AQuebman »

My flesh melts in the sun so I prefer the cooler weather. The sun to me is like some guy helping me move but in the nude. If he put some clothes on i'd appreciate him much more but in his current state he's irritating.

Cloudy overcast days around 72 degrees or frigid cold are my preferences.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by Alethan »

AQuebman wrote:My flesh melts in the sun so I prefer the cooler weather. The sun to me is like some guy helping me move but in the nude. If he put some clothes on i'd appreciate him much more but in his current state he's irritating.

Cloudy overcast days around 72 degrees or frigid cold are my preferences.

Mmmm... I love my share of rain and overcast weather, as well.

I need to figure out how to become a Brit who goes on holiday a lot.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by hedgeknight »

I don't know what you do for a living, Al, but come on down to the beach! Wilmington, NC is a growing area (of course, so is Charlotte and the Tirangle) and in the summer, it's beach time! Hotter 'n seven hells and humidity 100+ but as long as you wallow in sunscreen and bug repellent, it ain't half bad. 8-)

Will move the game forward today fellers...
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by Alethan »

I'm a writer. (Can't you tell?) Technical writer by trade and creative writer on the side.

The technical part is documenting software for a company that writes billing, customer, and engineering software for utility cooperatives.

The creative writing is mostly woodworking stuff. I'm doing a bit of what I like to call "free freelance" right now, where I take blog entries I've written (in my own time) and submit them to a few people who run online woodworking magazine sites (wkfinetools.com and finetooljournal.com) and work with them to get a version of that article published with them. It doesn't pay anything right now (hence the additional "free"), but that's not the point. I'm trying to get my name and writing examples out there for people to read. That way, when something comes up where I MIGHT be able to turn my writing towards a career path that can blend it into my woodworking hobby, I'll have a nice little resume of material to show.

I'm almost there. I was the runner up for an editor position at Popular Woodworking Magazine earlier this year. I got beat out by a guy who worked there for 8 years and had taken two years off to work on some project or another. He was ready to come back to work. He was the easy choice.

But I dabble in a bit of scifi/fantasy creative writing, as well. Right now, I'm channeling most of that into PbP games. But I've written a few short bits here and there... I'm also working with ToniXX to help create his campaign world, called Margant.

I was really excited to enter a writing competition for the World Building Academy.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1328

I was severely disappointed at the turnout, though. :( I wanted to compete. I'm a very competitive person in some ways, and writing is definitely one of them.

Anyway... the beaches of NC...

My wife and I have been to NC beaches, but we were a bit north of you in Manteo, where we spent a nice off-season week around Halloween just a few years ago (hmmm... right before a big hurricane hit, iirc). Stayed in a huge Arts & Crafts style B&B house that was just the two of us for almost the entire time. Very pleasant. And, of course, the beaches on OBX were awesome. (And no, I don't have some schmucky OBX sticker on the back of my car.)

Next time, maybe we'll try to make our way a little further south to your neck of the woods. Our son has been to the beach twice now (well... once in the womb - does that count?) and he absolutely loves it. If he's anything like me, it doesn't matter what coast or bay the sand is on - as long as there is sand and waves, and preferably a tide, I'm happy - from warm beaches of Sanibel Island to cool, overcast beaches of Oregon to frigid rocky beaches of west Ireland.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by AQuebman »

Writing is fun I commend you for making it a career that's not an easy path. I enjoy writing myself but always seem to fill my time in other ways and lose my chance to write.

For a brief period I live with my dad in Saxapahaw NC which was beautiful though it takes a while to get used to the constant swamp ass and hornet attacks but the landscape and beaches are gorgeous.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by hedgeknight »

Enjoyed reading your bio, Alethan - I always wanted to be a writer, just never had the gumption to pursue the career. Congrats on doing what you love!

Good Sunday morning fellers! Gonna be another pretty day in Wilmington - and it's the last day of our annual Azalea Festival - craziness and tons of people. Went to see the Avett Brothers on Friday night with over 8000 other people! Fantastic show! Azalea Parade yesterday morning, and will top it off with a visit to the circus this afternoon.

As for the post > you are back in Grunwald, arriving with the elfinslipper in time to save the king...or have you? Where is everyone? Where did Adain run off to? And who is that mysterious cloaked figure? (cough) Belkregos (cough) ;)
Winter is coming...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by hedgeknight »

Fellers, I got online when I got home to work out a map...and I am completely overwhelmed by the bombings in Boston. What the hell is going on? I am speechless!
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:Fellers, I got online when I got home to work out a map...and I am completely overwhelmed by the bombings in Boston. What the hell is going on? I am speechless!

:( Sucky stuff in the world today, man.

I don't think I can ever claim to be a man of peace. I hear they were able to recover two undetonated bombs near the finish line. I probably shouldn't type out what I think they should do with them once they find the people who did this...
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by AQuebman »

There is evil in all of us it's just can we fight back that evil or do we let it overtake us. I know in the wrong circumstances if I let my anger flow I am capable of doing some horrible things as are most people if they were honest with themselves. It's unfortunate what happened but all we can do is move on and put in measures to help prevent further attacks in the future.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by hedgeknight »

Note to self > Never give Oggle another potion of Speed! Jeezus!! :shock: :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Hoondatha »

And darn; it's going to be half of forever before I can caste haste... :D
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

I knew he'd get the best use out of it...
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by AQuebman »

Alethan wrote:I knew he'd get the best use out of it...
Well I think Nokrugh would have gotten good use out of it too. I think the difference between our guys is I miss just as much but I get multiple attacks so I can redeem myself quickly and make it seem like my rolls are ridiculous.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by hedgeknight »

Afternoon fellers > crazy Wednesday, but I'll fire a post off tonight if I can; no later than in the morning. And from the look of the damage done to the huge dire wolf...he's meat! :(
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”