Collace: Expansion, Promotion, Logistics

Tiglath
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Collace: Expansion, Promotion, Logistics

#61 Post by Tiglath »

Yes 5MCr is your disposable profit after everyone is paid.

Assume you are also covered for small arms ammo and expendables (grenades/LAW).

So just big picture procurement for PCs to worry about... or KISS principle for lazy GM... ;)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tiglath wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:36 pm ... or KISS principle for lazy GM... ;)
Does this involve your donkey, or other equine?

No Ass kissing here!
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Tiglath »

No contribution from Gene Simmons or horsing around here - just Keeping It Simple (to cater to my own) Stupid.

As we all know Muffin the Mule is... illegal (with an apostrophe). ;) :P
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tiglath wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:21 pm No contribution from Gene Simmons or horsing around here - just Keeping It Simple (to cater to my own) Stupid.

As we all know Muffin the Mule is... illegal (with an apostrophe). ;) :P
Aggravated abuse of an apostrophe? 2 years?
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by joertexas »

Here's the org chart without the proposed replacement vehicles I'd put forth:
Merc Company Org Chart v5.2.pptx
(51.49 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Tiglath »

Thanks again for doing this. :)
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by shaidar »

So, some questions which I didn't want to clog the main thread up with...

Did we get any response to our request for numbers for accommodation or dietary /other special needs

I'm inclined to have them dock in the internal bays to keep the main deck clear and reduce panic in the local populace, but might this be an insult.

We need to give the place a general spruce up before they arrive.

How much spare accommodation do we have free? What state is it in?

I was going to have the officers meet them when they disembark.

Do we really need psi-helmets? That's going to put a crimp on things and we don't have enough for everyone anyway.

Frank isn't going to wear one, but he's going to leave it up to others to choose for themselves.

Frank is going to call a meeting to inform the troops, and we'll also need to inform our other employees at the same time.

Thoughts?
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by The Bindoner »

The psi-helmets are not ideal for either formal or casual occasions, so I think we’re best not wearing them to meet our guests. However, they ought to be mandatory for anyone working in sensitive locations (HQ, for example).

Do we have the smart new white and blue uniforms yet? That might be more diplomatic than wearing our various Imperial service dress. Unless we want to greet them in mufti, to demonstrate we're no longer in the military.

The hangar seems like a good idea. We can tell them it’s to keep the ship (and the people entering and leaving it) out of the unpleasant Collace weather – there’s a reason everyone lives in an arcology here.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by shaidar »

If the new dress uniforms are ready we could wear them, otherwise just our usual uniforms, the ones Jess arranged.

That's an interesting suggestion, greeting them in civvies as the operators/owners of the Bartizan. Although I suspect they are here to because of the SEMC.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Tiglath »

shaidar wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:59 pm So, some questions which I didn't want to clog the main thread up with...

Trying to add responses to matters of fact rather than stifle discussion

Did we get any response to our request for numbers for accommodation or dietary /other special needs
Yes via text. The Ambassadorial away team will likely not exceed 10 persons. The crew will live aboard. No special dietary needs.

I'm inclined to have them dock in the internal bays to keep the main deck clear and reduce panic in the local populace, but might this be an insult.

We need to give the place a general spruce up before they arrive. Done!

How much spare accommodation do we have free? What state is it in?
I recall you "spruced" the Bartizan (Tower) Officers' Accom so you have the "Penthouse" and a couple of small floors worth (which could each accommodate 10 folk (standard not luxury level rooms)

I was going to have the officers meet them when they disembark.

Do we really need psi-helmets? That's going to put a crimp on things and we don't have enough for everyone anyway.
My thought was that you had enough for officer issue only. You also suspect they provide a defence but not Immunity

Frank isn't going to wear one, but he's going to leave it up to others to choose for themselves.

Frank is going to call a meeting to inform the troops, and we'll also need to inform our other employees at the same time.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Tiglath »

The Bindoner wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:24 pm Do we have the smart new white and blue uniforms yet?
Yes indeed!

The hangar seems like a good idea. We can tell them it’s to keep the ship (and the people entering and leaving it) out of the unpleasant Collace weather – there’s a reason everyone lives in an arcology here.
Very good point. It's surely nothing but hospitable to keep folk out of Collace's wonky atmosphere.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by shaidar »

Thanks Tiglath.

I'm not sure exactly where the officers are living. I can imagine we left the Penthouse free for visitors and used the smaller floors below. I can only assume that the Penthouse would have been in the best condition of all the accommodation when we arrived (that might not be saying much).

Either way, I think we give them the Penthouse, and if we have to - move the officers to the lower floors. And then get someone in to do a deep clean and also do an assessment to see what we have time to 'do up' before they arrive. I think we also need to arrange a fancy for when they arrive (caterers?), plus fruit baskets in room, etc :)

Do they drink alcohol? We might want to freshen up the Penthouse bar stocks.

Sounds like they have the hanger!
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by shaidar »

Oh, and practice the correct pronunciation of names :)

And does Liv know anything about the Ambassador? Or can find out. It would be good if we could serve up one of his favourite foods or drink.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by BackworldTraveller »

shaidar wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 am I'm not sure exactly where the officers are living.
Freya has found a small room. As an ex-scout, anything larger than a rabbit-hutch seems luxurious - and a private living room separate to the sleeping quarters positively decadent!

If it doesn't have a power-plant, M and J drives to maintain at all times, even better.

On that note, I know little of the area of the Bartizan and its surrounds. What is the local populace? Where is it? What amenities does it provide? Where can I find polite conversation? Coffee? Haircuts? Manicures? Painter and Decorators? Furniture? Nick-Naks for glass cabinets? Cheap Wall-Art? I mean, Freya is middle class!
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:57 am
shaidar wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 am I'm not sure exactly where the officers are living.
Freya has found a small room. As an ex-scout, anything larger than a rabbit-hutch seems luxurious - and a private living room separate to the sleeping quarters positively decadent!

If it doesn't have a power-plant, M and J drives to maintain at all times, even better.

On that note, I know little of the area of the Bartizan and its surrounds. What is the local populace? Where is it? What amenities does it provide? Where can I find polite conversation? Coffee? Haircuts? Manicures? Painter and Decorators? Furniture? Nick-Naks for glass cabinets? Cheap Wall-Art? I mean, Freya is middle class!
Erica can help with that, but I'd guess mid-spire in the arcology.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 am Thanks Tiglath.

I'm not sure exactly where the officers are living. I can imagine we left the Penthouse free for visitors and used the smaller floors below. I can only assume that the Penthouse would have been in the best condition of all the accommodation when we arrived (that might not be saying much).

Either way, I think we give them the Penthouse, and if we have to - move the officers to the lower floors. And then get someone in to do a deep clean and also do an assessment to see what we have time to 'do up' before they arrive. I think we also need to arrange a fancy for when they arrive (caterers?), plus fruit baskets in room, etc :)

Do they drink alcohol? We might want to freshen up the Penthouse bar stocks.

Sounds like they have the hanger!
Prerna and Erica have been splitting their time between Prerna's quarters in the Bartizan and Erica's apartment up-spire.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by gurusql »

Kit had only been staying here less than a week and has spend one of those nights in a hotel. The other nights he was just bunking with the troops.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by shaidar »

I thought the area around The Bartizan was certainly of the lower end of the scale, but improving once the SEMC moved in and starting to help clearing the area out and investing.

I think it would make sense that we keep the penthouse for VIP visitors and floors immediately underneath we're for officers. Frank wouldn't be bothered with not living in the penthouse.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Tiglath »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:57 am Freya has found a small room. As an ex-scout, anything larger than a rabbit-hutch seems luxurious - and a private living room separate to the sleeping quarters positively decadent!

On that note, I know little of the area of the Bartizan and its surrounds. What is the local populace? Where is it?
This wonderful piece of original art cave painting may help for orientation of newer players and a reminder for veterans with the attention span of goldfish... :roll: :P However, due to the artist suffering from inspiration??? at the time, the "flight deck" may actually be a little wider/broader at least 500m+ making the fortress' cross-section more of a saucer than a bowl???

viewtopic.php?p=463974#p463974

Um... if Collace were to be described as a lawless "Gravitocracy" you can see just where you're situated. :twisted:
BackworldTraveller wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:57 am What is the local populace? Low income folk and Street Gangs - fahsands of 'em!!!
Where is it? Far too close!!!
What amenities does it provide? Er... is unease an amenity?
Where can I find polite conversation? Good luck with that!
Coffee? They do that in the cantina over the bridge
Haircuts? Someone could be found
Manicures? Wot?
Painter and Decorators? Um...
Furniture? In other folks' houses?
Nick-Naks for glass cabinets? We'll 'ave none o' that kinky stuff arahnd 'ere!
Cheap Wall-Art? Loads of it locally - applied with spray paint
I mean, Freya is middle class! Freya locks her door on instinct.
However, SEMC has "gentrified" an expanding area on the other side of the bridge. There is a local foodstore, a general store and a Cantina cum "Inn" (with an odd overabundance of female staff) all in the civilized zone on the far end of the bridge. There are multiple fresh seafood vendors (various kelp farmers, free divers, crazy nitrox folk, all harvesting eco-friendly amounts of the ocean's bounty). These are absolutely an amenity and do a roaring trade with the Bartizan both direct and by selling fresh street food to those shopping over the bridge.

Freya will discover that Voss has personally contributed to the SEMC expansion by pioneering the support for the local business concerns initially by "nails" solo shopping trips, the Rangers regularly drink in the Cantina while Laningan used to go on solo jaunts "Deepspire" - until he was taken by The Morrigan. Initially SEMC forays across the bridge were always subject to the gauntlet of abuse/friction/assault from local gangers. This resulted in multiple street brawls and bar fights culminating in a truly "legendary" encounter whereby the Rangers backed by timely reinforcement from the SEMC "local firm" finally "claimed" the place and instituted some kind of "regime change".

Although SEMC has always retaliated (occasionally in advance) the resistance from local gangs has now utterly ceased. For some reason the SEMC "enclave" has been apparently declared some kind of neutral/green zone by all the local gangs. Business therefore thrives and the locals (and others from Downspire) come to "The Sunlit Tower" for local sanctuary and the free (but limited) medical care.

Freya is aware that Kit apparently did some kind of local "survey cum interaction with indigenous population" type work which seems kinda "Scouty" and might give an insight.

The great relief is of course that, as Mercs on the up, you are both loaded with disposable income and in possession of more than enough grav transport to go "Up Spire" for "Le Shopping" and entertainment or maybe, in the vernacular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrNDnU6PPk. While Mid spire loves Merc money, Mid to Upper get snotty and (other ranks) don't bother in Up Spire proper but the Colonel and QSM do business up there and Major Nayar lives there half the time!

Of course SEMC are always welcome in back bar of The Soldier of Fortune bar run by "Gunny" Thomas Ridgeway (Ex Imperial Marines) who owns the bar off the City Plaza adjacent to the arcology Downport (Mid Spire).
Last edited by Tiglath on Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Tiglath »

An image for Col Skeet (and the entirely unrelated :oops: view from Freya's bedroom window) added to Images

Skeet: viewtopic.php?p=637352#p637352

View: viewtopic.php?p=637355#p637355

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”