A Return to 1e!

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Return to 1e!

#61 Post by hedgeknight »

I can also throw my name in the Ulek interest. I don't know much about that area.
Winter is coming...
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:15 pm Dave I think you already know what I am going to say. ;)
Cool. You're in, man. I'm sure you can find someplace to play a dwarf or a gnome. :lol:
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rex »

dmw71 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:35 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:15 pm Dave I think you already know what I am going to say. ;)
Cool. You're in, man. I'm sure you can find someplace to play a dwarf or a gnome. :lol:
:lorcl:

Some of use a little predictable I suppose.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#64 Post by Dogma »

If you have room for one more I’m interested in getting in on this.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by gurusql »

Dave - If you have the space I would be happy to join

If the stats work out, I would love to play a half-elf Cleric/Magic User or if the stats are not there a Human Cleric

I am happy to be be from anywhere that will put me with a group to help tighten that up, but if you want a location from me, how about Sterich
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Dogma wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:40 am If you have room for one more I’m interested in getting in on this.
gurusql wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:06 am Dave - If you have the space I would be happy to join,,, if you want a location from me, how about Sterich
You guys are in, and Sterich has been added as a potential starting point.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:35 pm
Ah but what of my other occasional choice of playing a half-orc? :D

I might even mix it up and play a halfling :o
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon May 29, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rex »

My very first character was a Halfling. They will always have a special spot in my imagination.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Honestly, I never really had the desire to play a halfling. Thus I have mostly avoided it for a long long time. But I like to throw people a curve ball and play something they wouldn't expect me to do. Starting out in D&D in the "early years" for me I mostly played Half-Elves later on I started going away from my the standard human and half-elf to other things like Dwarves dunno I think secretly I want to be a dwarf lol. I loved the dwarves in the Hobbit. Balin, Bofur Bifor, Gloin, Dwalin, & Dori were my favorites. Dain Ironfoot was the top most favorite from it. Especially, since the movie cast Billy Connolly as Dain.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

I am a big fan of the Hobbit, it was the first fantasy book I ever read. I even have the copy version of the original 1937 text, the better version in my opinion but both are awesome. I like playing Halflings and Dwarves as well as Humans and Half-Orcs. Never cared much for Half-Elves, Elves, or Gnomes.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

I mean a gnome thief/illusionist is a very fun character to play - especially if you can put that burrowing mammals power to good use. I’m not a fan of multi-classing but that’s one time I do. Other than humans (preferring clerics or rangers) I’ll play a hobbit thief or a half-orc fighter - besides the aforementioned gnome Ill/Th. :D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by hedgeknight »

Dogma wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:40 am If you have room for one more I’m interested in getting in on this.
Dogma’s alive! :D
Haven’t seen you in a while!
Winter is coming...
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:38 pm I’ll play a hobbit thief or a half-orc fighter - besides the aforementioned gnome Ill/Th.
Does this mean you're interested? :D
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by SocraticLawyer »

dmw71 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:14 am Note:
When expressing your official interest in joining this campaign, please also indicate where in the world (of Greyhawk) you'd be interested in exploring.

The T1 game will begin play in the general area of Hommlet. If you're interested in being a part of that game once it starts, please indicate as much (knowing that, because it's an official module and will take me more time to prepare, it likely will not start in the immediate future; whereas other random areas in Greyhawk (to be determined by the players), will likely get started more quickly).

It is fine to have multiple characters running in different places, though I am going to impose a limit of two characters per player, at least to start.
I'd be very interested in joining this game! I have very little knowledge of the Greyhawk setting, however. If that's a deal breaker, then I would have to bow out.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#75 Post by Scott308 »

I'm here for T1 whenever you get that going, Dave. I may make a second character for wandering around elsewhere, but am not decided on that yet.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by dmw71 »

SocraticLawyer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:36 am I have very little knowledge of the Greyhawk setting, however.
Same here, actually. :lol:
Scott308 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:50 pm I'm here for T1 whenever you get that going, Dave.
Awesome!

You guys are both in.

As for the game itself, I just posted an update-ish, here. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by ybn1197 »

Hey Dave. I saw in the pre-game thread you already have 10 people, but if you have room for one more in one of those groups I would love to join up. If not, I can happily wait on the bench in case I get the chance to be called up coach.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

ybn1197 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:48 pm Hey Dave. I saw in the pre-game thread you already have 10 people, but if you have room for one more in one of those groups I would love to join up. If not, I can happily wait on the bench in case I get the chance to be called up coach.
There's definitely room, since I'll be splitting the player pool into at least two groups.

I'll add you now.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Zhym »

Ooooh, 1e? Weekly posting rate? I think I can manage that, if there's room for another.

And when you say you're using everything in the 1e PHB...does that include the to-hit vs. AC table? ;)
Dwarfjsgm
Squire
Squire

#80 Post by Dwarfjsgm »

Any more room for one more Grognard?
"I miss the old days!" Cthulhu

Return to “Looking for players or games”