OOC 1

DexterWard
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC 1

#61 Post by DexterWard »

I will make my DM post by end of day tomorrow. Great stuff so far! Love this group :)
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#62 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The US email notification system is notoriously questionable at best, so it's always good to check in manually once in a while. :D
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by DexterWard »

I will update maps and other admin stuff tomorrow :)
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by DexterWard »

Maps are updated. Please let me know if anyone is in the wrong location. (this is the map prior to my last DM post.
not the most recent PC posts.)
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Monsieur Rose »

So for two-weapon fighting, am I rolling one d20 or two?
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by DexterWard »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:05 pm So for two-weapon fighting, am I rolling one d20 or two?
Based on the fact that your two weapons are the Parang and Butcher Knife, and your attacks are basic slashing motions, and your profression was Gladiator, I'm allowing you to make two attack rolls, one for each blade. Hope that helps :)
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Monsieur Rose »

It does indeed. :D
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a great holiday. I have made significant updates to the Character Creation & House Rules: General Info thread. Please take a look as it might influence how you proceed at 1st level.

It's still a work in progress, but if you see something missing that you'd like to be included, please let me know.

I will make a DM post tomorrow for current actions.
Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by Nemesis »

I'm busy with Christmas stuff and will post in the main thread when I can.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Just a little table talk here:

I think at least one character (Silky, maybe) mentioned the idea of searching the Keep eventually.

To me, it seems like the western passage might be the best choice to explore if we want to head in that general direction.

Just throwing it out there.
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by SilverBen »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:47 pm I think at least one character (Silky, maybe) mentioned the idea of searching the Keep eventually. To me, it seems like the western passage might be the best choice to explore if we want to head in that general direction. Just throwing it out there.
@OGRE MAGE, I am happy to follow that plan but I think it would be best if we regrouped, which is why I am focused (through Tore's actions) to retreive the corpses, bury them at the surface, and regroup with the party that traveled to the farm house. There's no indication of flooding here that leads me to believe we are on a time limit to proceed.

@DexterWard, please advise if I am judging that correctly: Did I miss any hint about a passing time limit here with the exploration of the tunnels, or is it fine if can we regroup with the surface party and return here?
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by DexterWard »

You both have solid plans, just depends on which you do first. Ultimately, in OD&D (0e), it is best to stick together. All indications observed thus far point to the water level in the tunnels being stable, and most likely are a result of the sinkhole and rainwater therefrom. There are no immediate indicators of a time limit of any kind at the present time, nor of any potential threats. All indications from the villagers points to most of the threats coming after dark, and it is presently 3:11 pm, with sunset at 7:26 pm.

Personally, for this situation, I would most likely remove the dead bodies first to eliminate potential further predator encounters, and garner good faith with the village people. There are implied future benefits already stated by characters and villagers thus far for this course of action.

My next step would be to search the mine tunnels, potentially locating an entrance to the keep (a secondary potential benefit to the party and the village), and ascertain any other potential threat sources. This course of action gives the party the best chance of survival and reward.

That's my 2-cents :) I hope it helps. I think you both have really good ideas, but would encourage the party to stick together.
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by SilverBen »

Yes! My point exactly: Let's regroup! Don't split the party!
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#74 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cool!

I would agree that we should regroup before going any further as well.

Sticking together is sound advice in any edition. :lol:
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by DexterWard »

DM Update: Added Alchemist class to Character Creation & House Rules: House Rules thread
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by DexterWard »

DM Update: Made some changes to Character Creation & House Rules thread.

Here is the list of Classes now:

CLASSES
  • Fighting-Men
  • Alchemist
  • Magic-User
  • Witch
  • Cleric
  • Druid
  • Thief
  • Assassin
  • Monk
I may add a Barbarian/other fitting class, and potentially a Ninja class..still thinking about that. I'd have to dig around the old sources to find stats for the barbarian.
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by DexterWard »

DM Update: Character Creation & House Rules

Cleaned up the Classes a bit and added Barbarian
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#78 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All,

Seems as though Nemesis and dice_monkey have had sporadic posting of late. i will NPC them this next round. I PM'd both of them to see how they're doing.

For posts moving forward, please provide the following at the top of your post (“None” if not carried/used):
  • Light Source:
  • Weapon:
  • Party Position (front/middle/rear):
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by DexterWard »

Update:
dice_monkey made a post in his Valley of Nuromen (Blueholme) campaign:
developed an infection in my jaw, dealing with fever, waiting for trip to dentist on Saturday. Loopy on pain meds. Don’t lose faith. Be back soon
I also got a PM from Nemesis stating he needs to pause for a time as RL has gotten a bit busy.

That drops us down to 5 now, which is fine. I will open up the LFP post again for additional recruiting. Probably do that today or tomorrow. I will make a GM update post today as well.
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by SilverBen »

DexterWard, just curious on your method: if you are able to recruit another player to fill vacant role, were you planning on having the party exploring the tunnels encounter a new character? or have the new player assume the exisitng character Nemesis abandoned for continuity? or something else? Or do you prefer not answer and simply respond, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" [fimg=]https://www.deviantart.com/itsoy-itsay/ ... -602344926[/fimg]

Return to “Old School Dungeon Crawls (OD&D)”