Tomb of the Builders

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#581 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Are you in need of the alchemist I can take you there. Maybe he shall pay me for the wasted trip. He walks over to the chest and picks it up. Unless one of you is willing to pick this lock.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#582 Post by tooleychris »

"Dat priesta yers killed'una er friends. " Varrick (npc) says. "Might gruesome I might add. Can't magine his box'olden anythin good."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by Rukellian »

"Ah, but don't you all want to know what is inside!? It might be worth a small fortune, you never know..." The gnome's curiosity is strong and he cannot help but rub his hands together, taking on quite the mischievous smile as he does so. "I wonder, did the alchemist who sent you mention anything about not opening the chest? Wouldn't want to betray your employer's trust, now would we?" The gnome looks to the others with a smile, showing that he is not opposed to the idea of opening the chest if alchemist did not say anything about not opening it upon chance that the client is dead. ;) :twisted:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#584 Post by Tyrion »

pick loce 32% [1d100] = 28

Lets see if I can open this thing.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by tooleychris »

The dwarf removes the wax seal and works his picks into the simple locking mechanism.
A couple twists and a few turns later you hear a satisfying 'click'.
Opening the chest and removing a pile of straw and linen reveals 3 small vials, a larger more rounded vial, and a parchment stuck to the inner lid.

the parchment reads:
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#586 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm - Dwarf "Yah know we been fairly lucky we may have had a loss but think bout it we got two new friends. So I'm thinkin if we kill the odd speakin fella Varrick there we may well get two ta replace em that can speak better n he can." the dwarf says almost seriously then grins and starts laughing "I'm just messin wit ya Varrick."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Looks at the contents of the open chest. The alchemist did say the contents were fragile. What does parchment say? Are one of you wizard?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken hands shake as he slowly reaches for the cotents. "Aqua Vitae... one of the holy grails of the alchemical arts. It takes YEARS to learn how to get it and then even more years afterwards in fine tuning the preparation process and getting it just right. This is the work of a true alchemist and if my knowledge of the contents within are correct, this here liquid can even bring back the dead!"
The gnome fights back the temptation to quickly snatch it, and feels compelled by some higher power to leave it be. Thoughts of the group's previously deceased mage, Eirenaios, strangely comes to mind. "Was this meant to be?" he mutters to himself in a whisper. "I'm not a believer of gods and higher fates but..."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by tooleychris »

The fallen sorcerers shallow grave is nearby. Does Ruken mix use the precious fluid on the corpse?
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:The fallen sorcerers shallow grave is nearby. Does Ruken mix use the precious fluid on the corpse?
With the group's permission, yes. Will this require a skill roll on my end, or is this task simple enough at this stage?
GreyWolfVT

#591 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm doesn't stop Ruke from doing anything "I aint gonna stop yah Ruke do what yah plan ta do."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by tooleychris »

With the help of the others, Eirenaios grave is unearthed. The smell of entrails, moist soil, and expelled fluids fills the air . The gnomes steady hands expertly combine the ingredients of the vials into the larger and he swirls them into a sparkling clear fluid that seems to shimmer in the moonlight.
This he sprinkles onto the head of the dead elf. Into the shattered chest cavity, and along his limbs.
In moments Eirenaios' ribs start to regenerate and close his chest. Muscle and tendons stretch across the bones even as the lungs beneath slowly fill with air. The recently deceased elf gasps for air in gurgles of blood.
The heart can be seen begining to beat just before smooth skin regrows over the exposed muscles.
The elf struggles but lacks the strength to rise. His eyes bolt open and frantically search the night.
Another deep breath. Coughing. He turns his head and vomits blood.
Tremors wrack his body and he shakes violently, finally finding the strength to sit up.
More coughing as he grips at his robes, torn at the chest where the boney arachnid emerged.
The coughing subsides. The labored breathing becomes slower paced.
Eirenaios blinks away new tears from his bodies labors but he looks at Varrick, Thorgrim, Throm, and Ruken.
"Friends." he whispers with a scratchy voice.
"My friends..."

please welcome back thesniperknight1, returned from long hiatus !
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Looks around. Is the dead necromancer buried here also. I would like to get my payment for delivery. I am glad that the potion was used for good. I don't think the necromancer was going to do the same.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#594 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios checks his body in quick anxious motions, "Oh god! I could have swore that my own bones left me and turned into a skeletal spider!! AND MY HEART", he stands silently for a moment, "IT BEATS!!!!! THIS IS MAGNIFICENT", he starts laughing maniacally at the prospect of being brought back to life. He seems more intrigued at what magic he was brought back with than happy that he is alive.

He looks at Ruken, "OHHHH you!!!", he goes and hugs him almost squeezing the life out of him, "YOU ARE BRILLIANT MY FRIEND, I have seen sorcerers raise the dead but non came close to this functionality or even free will", he laughs some more then put him down, "You have to teach me, maybe I can recreate the effect through magic, we would be unstoppable!"

He looks at the rest, "Hello everyone, glad to see all and well with your bones intact, oh and I see new faces with us. Hi, I am Eirenaios, a mage", he extends a hand to the newcomers.
Last edited by thesniperknight1 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome's anxiety over using the miraculous liquid for something other than his own personal gain slowly starts to ebb away, as he sees the happiness that his actions brought forth. A face full of shock, from having learned quickly that it actually worked, turns into a great big smile.
He looks at Ruken, "OHHHH you!!!", he goes and hugs him almost squeezing the life out of him, "YOU ARE BRILLIANT MY FRIEND, I have seen sorcerers raise the dead but non came close to this functionality or even free will", he laughs some more then put him down, "You have to teach me, maybe I can recreate the effect through magic, we would be unstoppable!"
"Ahahahaa!" All the gnome can do is manage a laugh as he is picked up and squeezed ever so tightly. "I see the liquid brought you renewed strength as well!" Ruken gasps for air as he is put down, but a smile still shows on his face. "I AM brilliant, but not a genius," he says admittedly. "The alchemical arts can do much, as you have experienced, but this liquid here was prepared by a master of my trade. I merely mixed it together and made it work. Believe you me my friend, when I learn from this master how he created this liquid miracle, you will know too. But to directly translate alchemical script and practice into a viable magical alternative... that would be amazing! I would love to work with you on this!"

Ruken brushes dirt and dust off his robes as he says quickly afterwards to Eirenaios. "Magic and Alchemy aside, it truly is a great day to have you brought back to us. You have this fine elf here to thank, actually." He gestures towards Craxzus. "We've also found another sturdy dwarf within the crypt. He seems like an okay sort so far." Ruken points to the third dwarf that joined the group as he mentions him.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#596 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Happy to see that the mage is alive and well. I am glad the potion was put to good use as the person it was intended for would not of done the same I believe. Then realizing that he has not even introduced himself to the group. I am sorry, I have not introduced myself. My name is Craxzus Oaksword. I am very happy to meet all of you.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
GreyWolfVT

#597 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh tha dead necromancer yah likely stepped over him a few times we left em back in tha temple shine place dead as a door nail on the floor lyin in his coolin puddle o blood."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#598 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Did he have any coin on him? Crazus ask eagerly.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#599 Post by thesniperknight1 »

He sighs when Ruken tells him that the recipe is hard to recreate, "Nonetheless! Someday my friend we will unlock the secrets of yonder age and unravel magic in all its forms! I can almost see it now", taking about magic bring an almost mad smile that he quickly shakes off.

He bows his head, "It's very nice meeting you and thank you for saving my life, I am in your debt friend"

When he hears of the Necromancer's demise he recalls the moments of his death with intrigue instead of horror, "Oh! So the old necromancer is dead huh? He struck me with the most peculiar spell....oh yes, I cam still feel it on my skin....did you by any chance find a grimoire on him...?", he tries to make it out to be an innocent question and hide the thirst for magic, "And is our work here is done? Any evil remains to slay? Did we look in all of the corridors? Maybe some evil still remains...and some untouched chests filled with....ummm...oddities"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
GreyWolfVT

#600 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh? Grim what? We did find yon dwarf an a passage that lead ta a door that we can not get ta open. Someone rigged it ta be an immovable object it'd appear. As fer what was on the dead necromancer ask Varrick." the dwarf replies back to the two asking questions about the dead foe.

Return to “Silverymoon”