Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

#501 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Onward: Northern Door 1 (door 1 in room 3a/b/c) Next door continuing North!

The door once more contains no traps and is not locked opening it again reveals more skeletons laying in heaps or rather more aptly in the positions they died in they have almost nothing left of their clothing but what is left of the rags appears to be that of people that were wearing priestly vestments one skeleton is clutching what appears to have once been a book of sorts but its so rotten just opening the door the air slowly makes the thing turn to dust. This room contains only one other door (other than the one you came in through) that goes to the west back towards the room where Benham obtained his skeleton followers (room 2c). You predict it is possible going through the western door might well lead you back towards where Benham was just exploring.

In the spirit of moving things forward once again the door is checked for traps and none are found, the door again is not locked and opens into a larger room. This room has the looks of being the former palace's mosque there are more of the priestly looking skeletons (as much as a skeleton can look like a priest) scattered around the room. It looks as if long ago the head priest along with the rest of the clergy, were driven into the mosque and brutally slain. Most of the skeletons are scattered randomly around the house of prayer, but the skeleton of the high priest lies in a corner, cut down from behind while he prayed by the looks of it as a spear is still protruding from what was once his back. A small sealed jar is still clutched in his bony hands.

Map:
Azaltin's Palace rm4.JPG
Azaltin's Palace rm4.JPG (67.6 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Next Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by Dram »

Anuzal without touching the, he inspects it intently for anything dangerous.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#503 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir will go to the westernmost door in the southern wall, checking to make sure that it does indeed meet up where he had previously explored.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is glad to see the gang all together again. His joy quickly fades as he sees the carnage done to fellow holy men. "Such barbarism. Cutting down a man in the middle of prayer..." Dubb shakes his head and goes to examine the High Priest.

He intones a prayer and intends to lay the poor man to rest.
GreyWolfVT

#506 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir will go to the westernmost door in the southern wall, checking to make sure that it does indeed meet up where he had previously explored.
Benham checks the door and it leads to a smaller room that is mostly empty some old pegs in the wall look like what priests may have once hung their robes on there is one skeleton on the floor and a door that looks like it would open into the last room Benham was in.
Dram wrote:Anuzal without touching the, he inspects it intently for anything dangerous.
Anuzal checks the skeleton with the spear sticking through him and the jar clasped in hand and determines nothing unsafe however he cannot tell what is in the jar or what the jar is.
Monsieur Rose wrote:Dubb

Dubb is glad to see the gang all together again. His joy quickly fades as he sees the carnage done to fellow holy men. "Such barbarism. Cutting down a man in the middle of prayer..." Dubb shakes his head and goes to examine the High Priest.

He intones a prayer and intends to lay the poor man to rest.
Dubb intones a prayer and the skeleton does not appear to do anything but Dubb could swear the jar glowed with a holy light when he finished the prayer.

Map:
Azaltin's Palace rm4 expanded.JPG
Azaltin's Palace rm4 expanded.JPG (55 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Scott308

#507 Post by Scott308 »

Benham opens the door to verify that it does in fact lead to the previous room.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#508 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Benham opens the door to verify that it does in fact lead to the previous room.
It "the door" opens into the last room Benham was in earlier.

as for Ishaq and Emma...
Ishaq stands there guarding Emma as she tries to figure things out though it appears very obvious sort of....when the palace fell someone or something murdered or killed all the priests of the sultan along with all the worshipers. The skeletons are the remains of those felled people.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#509 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

The big barbarian sighs. He may not be very knowledgeable, but does realize what has happened here. Why do men do

such evil, just like the Dragon back at my village? I do not understand.

After surveying the area again, he waits for Emma to declare something. He keeps his hands not far from his weapon

just in case they meet trouble.

If Ishaq notices anything out of the ordinary, of which I highly doubt, he will inform Emma.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#510 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

Ishaq, though not having cast any spell, is very curious about that same jar Dubb has detected.

"So" as he points at the same jar "Why is that skeleton holding that jar? He just happened to

be holding it when they were attacked? I do not think that is the real tale. If it has been here for so long, why hasn't anything

taken it from the skeleton's hand?""
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb focuses on the jar that he is confident just lit up. He kneels and says a quick prayer to Haku, then places his hand on the jar.
GreyWolfVT

#513 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Dubb

Dubb focuses on the jar that he is confident just lit up. He kneels and says a quick prayer to Haku, then places his hand on the jar.
Once Dubb touches the jar the skeleton hands it over to him willingly and you swear it smiles and lets a sigh of relief out then the skeleton of the high priest turns to dust slowly and Dubb could swear he heard "Thank you." whispered to him. The dwarf cleric now has the jar in his hands. On closer inspection the jar is actually a durable flask sealed with crystal and wax.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Hey!Hey! I found that! If its worth money I want it! Frowning and talking disappointingly as if he lost his favorite possession.
Last edited by Dram on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Scott308

#515 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Cocking his head as he looks at Dubb, he asks, Did that skeleton just curse you? Why would it thank you for taking something from it? How could it thank you? I was unaware skeletons could speak.

Turning to his cadre of bone-warriors, he asks, Can any of you speak? What exactly are you able to do for me? Any hidden or special abilities that haven't been relevant yet? He looks at them expectantly, awaiting their reply.

GreyWolfVT

#516 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Benham Iskandar

Cocking his head as he looks at Dubb, he asks, Did that skeleton just curse you? Why would it thank you for taking something from it? How could it thank you? I was unaware skeletons could speak.

Turning to his cadre of bone-warriors, he asks, Can any of you speak? What exactly are you able to do for me? Any hidden or special abilities that haven't been relevant yet? He looks at them expectantly, awaiting their reply.
the skeletons following Benham not depicted on the maps shrug their shoulders which looks a bit strange from a skeleton. One moves it's mouth but no sound comes out must have been a mute in life maybe? then 3 of the skeletons pose for Benham.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#517 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

Ishaq steps protectively in front of Emma when the skeletons start moving. Needless to say he is not at all comfortable with having

skeletons along for the ride.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb bows to the pile of dust that was the High Priest. "I believe he was saving this for me. I don't know who they followed, but this flask obviously held some meaning for him."

Dubb turns to Benham and Anuzal. "Belief is quite powerful. With it, many amazing and miraculous things can be done. And don't worry Anuzal, I will be sure to share the usefulness of this with everyone. As soon as I can figure out what that may be." Dubb chuckles and looks around.

"Where now?"
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by Dram »

Anuzal smiles at the the idea of getting of some treasure. Then he sees the poses of the 3 skeletons. I dont think that is a good sign.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#520 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex must have been in a daze as he followed his friends says, "Whoa....What magic is that Dubb. You should be careful with that."

Abrex stands ready sword drawn.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Return to “Archive”