Expedition Planning Discussions

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#501 Post by Bluetongue »

Fairfax, available for low level expeditions.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint will attempt to explore the woods to the north to mark her territory (and find pixies).
A low level adventure should work.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#503 Post by Bluetongue »

And Halfpint is a halfling too like Fairfax. Just committed to go cross country with Foxy though. Shame the woods sound interesting with the inbred creatures.

Am waiting to here from the mage Tanor as we were going to team up.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by Marullus »

Sorry for the delays recently. I recommend the new PCs either go to Pinewood Vale and into the forests (GMed by Spearmint) or to explore ruins to the east on the Yoldessi Plains (GMed by Stirling) as both are ready and waiting for an expedition. Hopefully RL calms down soon for Rusty, Zhym, and Alethan.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by Marullus »

*bump*

For those who were going to go with Foxy westward, that's on hold pending Rusty's return. Would you like to shift to a journey into the forest with (or without) Halfpint? Spearmint is ready to run that with some exciting ideas.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by Zhym »

Lug is still up for a trip to the forest. He wants to meet the centaurs and pixies and other critters of the forest.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by Karaunios »

Zhym wrote:Lug is still up for a trip to the forest. He wants to meet the centaurs and pixies and other critters of the forest.
I'd really like to take part in this mission, but my only character is stuck on a stuck mission :lol: Let's see if I can negotiate something with Marullus (whether rolling up a new character of bringing mine to this new quest).
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Marullus »

So, Rusty Tincanne has been gone a month and no word on return yet. That leaves Foxy's Expedition west on hold.

Bremen hunting the Wolfwere has options, though:
* Cancel it. Go do other stuff and he can restart when he is ready.
* Stay on hold, tying up the PCs.
* Drop Bremen out - he is plenty busy after all. Anforthas, Lug, and Baxtaw head out to explore and handle hunting the monster. Stirling is standing by ready to GM it.

I think it makes sense for Anforthas to be sent to prove himself and lead a few NPCs, but Lug is far more experienced. I let that up to you.

Baldoroar, I am also fine if you want to make an additional PC. The quest into the woods is ready (with Spearmint) and just looking for a PC to organize and lead it.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by Zhym »

Could someone summarize the two expeditions? I may have thought that the wolfwere hunt was the quest into the woods. If that's two missions, I could put Lug in one and Olaf on the other. Or Pendleton, if his expedition wraps up soon.

I do hope Rusty is okay.

It's a shame how many great players of years past are no longer on the boards. :/
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by Spearmint »

'Hunting the Wolfwere' was being DM'd by Stirling and taking place in the Yoldessi Plain. I am DM'ing a part of the forest region north of Gaul. Amistad has his logging concern mainly contained to that 1/3rd of the hex the town is built in.

So Halfpint was going to explore the eastern part of the forest, which is roughly a pyramid of hexes from the river to the logging camp at the top of the road directly north of Gaul.

Presently you know of orc groups scouting about, hybrid creatures, pixies, treants, a centaur group, the Cyclops farm, the dryad encounter and Morlocks in tunnels below the ground. The sinking tower (Medusa) and crystal dome (of the green dragon) are not part of the forest region.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#511 Post by Bluetongue »

If Foxy trip out west is currently postponed I am happy to put my Halfling Fairfax in another expedition. Going with a Halfling Lady to scout the woods and with a big Gaul hero like Lug around, what can go wrong?

Golgarth, my wanna-be knight is available for more mercenary/guard adventures. If the wolf-were trip is waiting on Bremen and postponed also I am happy to form a crew to go find the trail to its lair or explore some of the ruins in that area. See either of them at the tavern in Gaul.

I have read about possible river trips, lost cities and exploring around the dwarf holds. What was this about a white dragon in the mountains and a green dragon in a crystal dome?
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by Karaunios »

Thanks for the second chance!

I would gladly have Anforthas leading the expedition in search of the Wolfwere. Of course, he's little experience in comparison to most if not all the other characters around, but I think it's time he proves his worth to Bremen and the knights. That's at least what he would want :D

If anyone would join and maybe help out as a more experienced advisor to Anforthas as well as a strong arm, that would be welcome.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by Marullus »

White dragons were seen near the Dwarfhome. Someone who wants to look into them should inquire IC of the dwarves and OOC of Zhym (DM).

The green dragon is in the forest and one of three named great wyrms whose identities are known (one being Scatha, who just died). That's not a beginner quest. ;) It will likely be Spearmint who runs that expedition but he has some other more immediate adventures planned first.

From what is publicly known about the wolfwere, including that he just tore through a dozen mounted calvary without issue, you should hunt it well-prepared (such as by bringing Lug, and clerics). I think Anforthas leading is very apropos, if Lug agrees to follow. :) That's an IC decision.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Zhym »

Pendleton returned from his recent expedition having learned much, but not much richer for the experience. He's available for expeditions.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by hedgeknight »

Casper White, Cleric of Gwanwen, is up for some adventure. He has been holed up with the Blackhelm dwarves for awhile > they have graciously allowed him to have a small shrine to the Keeper of Life and Death within their community > and consider him a dwarf friend, to which he is humbly grateful. Dragons peak his interest, so he is up for an expedition to research those. Likewise, he is intrigued by lycanthropy and would gladly join a quest to take down the wolfwere.
Winter is coming...
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Stirling »

Great to have Casper back in play, his knowledge of history and recovered relics is a timely boon for Gauls' salvation.

Foxy O'Hare (currently still in the Fall Festival thread) would welcome his advice as she has some 'experience' of the recent infernal awakenings. If Caspers wants to chat, in character and in the build up to expeditions potentially leaving for Wolf hunting (presently on hold) or investigating other phenomenon, exploring the mountains, then post a visit to her tent at the festival field.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by Marullus »

(Yep - festival is still fair game and is 'outside of time' so that everyone can participate there, should you choose...
viewtopic.php?f=536&t=8244)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by Zhym »

Although I guess we'd better figure out a way to run that ourselves, since Rusty is still away.

Hope all's well with him and he can make it back before long.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by hedgeknight »

Posted as Casper in the Fall Festival thread. ;)
Winter is coming...
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#520 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth wannabe knight seeks fellow adventurers for hopefully low level mission.

All races & classes welcome!! I might go via the Frogmorton Ford and Pinewood Town to recruit a retainer or guide but everyone is welcome. If you have a minor character in need of xp and hopefully gold, see me in church or tavern. I hope with a DM in place to be ready very soon.

Can we have any update of where characters are so I could formally approach likely candidates. Say from Oct 1st?

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”