Collace Homecoming

Tiglath
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Collace Homecoming

#501 Post by The Bindoner »

Having apparently reacted to the news of a prisoner the Tartar ambles over to Jess' shoulder casually stating "У меня есть все инструменты, но мне понадобится автомобильный аккумулятор".
Jess grins: No trouble, got some in the garage, I’ll get a fitter to bring one up.

She produces her comm and starts texting.

Jess notes Klaus claiming an SMG and observes:

SEMC property the moment it hit the floor. I’ll issue a chit for that, you can sign for it. Profess’nal unit, this. Proper paperwork.

A few taps at the keys:

I’ve linked you the forms, for when you want to apply for an issue of equipment.

Addressing both Frank and the prisoner:

If we’re doin’ a thorough search underwear gets in the way. ‘sides, it’ll only get soiled when Tartar gets to work.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Well, I assumed they would be removed for the search and then replaced for everyone else's benefit, but I'll leave that to your discretion Sargent-Major."
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#503 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus looks over pleadingly, It was in his lap, it never hit the floor.

Realising instantly that approach won't work Sure thing Sar't Major I'll get the forms signed

Looking slightly less pleased with himself Klaus continues his collection, making a point to be seen inventorying it as he goes.
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by joertexas »

Prerna tries to hide a smile as she steps outside her quarters. "I'll go check with my team. I think we need to establish tighter security here." She turns to T'Lia. "Want to come help?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by The Bindoner »

Frank

"Well, I assumed they would be removed for the search and then replaced for everyone else's benefit, but I'll leave that to your discretion Sargent-Major."

Yeah, no need to give a toerag dignity, slows the process. Best for him if he knows the score and gives up sooner.

Klaus looks over pleadingly, It was in his lap, it never hit the floor.

Realising instantly that approach won't work Sure thing Sar't Major I'll get the forms signed

Looking slightly less pleased with himself Klaus continues his collection, making a point to be seen inventorying it as he goes.
Man, gun, doesn’t matter which drops first, kit’s ours.

She smiles at Klaus’ acquiescence:

Perfect weapon for your lot. I’d’ve been issuin’ ‘em anyway, reckon.

Y'know, trick is, don't get spotted, and don't leave 'em unarmed. Easier if it's your drop

Turning back to Frank:

We've got Big Tom incoming, Boss. Best we get ready. Want to keep this freller on ice for now, or let Tartar warm ‘im up?
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Good idea Sargent-Major, let's put him on ice while we meet with our new guests. I just hope the last round of repairs we did to the system have fixed those glitches."
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:07 pmPrerna tries to hide a smile as she steps outside her quarters. "I'll go check with my team. I think we need to establish tighter security here." She turns to T'Lia. "Want to come help?"
T'lia replies quietly "I'll catch up". Approaching the assassin her Imperial accent drops as she states “My brother was murdered by Corporate scum like you who are strangers to Morality's Path. Now I seek revenge and I have the skills to excel in exacting it” The assassin blusters “Damn but you are hot - I'd have made it last for youarrrgghhh!” His now brutally overstretched smalls snap back down from almost arm pit height as he gasps in pain*.

T'lia continues “There are many procedural cautions and balances to be observed in dealing with acute cases of mental disorder but you were going to kill all the people you found here and were going to enjoy it. Unfortunately for you one of the people you looked forward to murdering is my wife and that means I'm not going to be gentle”.

The assassin replies “Oh, so you're in some fekkin' underhive gang -”

His jaw suddenly dislocates and he does his best to scream through his disrupted vocalisation as he convulses and begins to bleed from the nose and leak fluid from one ear.

After a moment T'lia replies softly “Something a bit like that”. To the assembled company she adds contritely “I apologize for my loss of composure – these people... upset me”. She then adds “He has a suicide device in his lower left rear molar but we should scan him immediately for any Corporate “backstop” devices that even he is unaware of. I should supervise his interrogation”. She then adds an acknowledging nod “I'm quite sure that the accomplished Mister Tartar is more than capable but I believe this asset must be very carefully managed”.

The Tartar helplessly growls a confidence to Jess “Блядь! Я влюблен...”. He then selects a pair of pliers from the tool belt he borrowed from Charlie and stoops over the collapsed prisoner. After another convulsion he soothes his captive “мы притворимся, что это твой первый день в тюрьме...”. It would appear that serial bad things are going to happen to a very bad person...

(OOC: * Every Traveller campaign featuring Zhodani interrogation has to include one of these - its a contractural obligation. It's all shaidar's fault! :P He introduced the assassin's grundercrackers to the narrative and I was duty bound after that... ;) ).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Jess and all on the Command channel.

Jess takes a comm call from Sgt Gaughan (acting officer of the day and leader of the duty squad - the Rangers). "Ma'am, would the Colonel be free to meet His Majesty the Aslan Warlord? He was terribly vexed when he got here so he was but we've distracted him with some close order drill and then a live fire mock section attack but I get the impression he's not the most patient lad here... Although he did calm down a bit when his wife arrived and then again when we found the heads...".

He adds "Would you tell the Colonel that the female Aslan have taken care of Miss Sazanami? I thought Miss Polly would like to know".
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by The Bindoner »

Thanks, Sar’nt, I’ll give the good news. Hold the position a little longer, reinforcement’s on the way.

Jess passes on both items of intelligence before adding: Best we get a wiggle on. I’ll pick up the banner on the way.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by shaidar »

Frank nods

"T'lia, I leave the prisoner in your hands, and our new friend." he nods at The Tartar "Try and keep him alive until I get back." he looks at Polly, smiling "I'm sure you'd like to join us meeting the Warlord and Twilight, I would find it very helpful...right, we'd best get there before he gets any more upset."
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Jess (and anyone opting to go down to the Flight Deck)

(Either for duty purposes or just to get a firsthand encounter with Aslan).

Even from the high windows atop the Accomodation block Warlord Ikazuchi (“Thunder”) Commander of the Teahleikhoi (Regt of the Falling Night) is visible underneath his massive 3 meter high banner. The stylised setting sun mon of the Teahleikhoi ripples in a holographic wind animating the projected banner. The Iyhlua Clan pale blue signature motif acts as a unifying theme among the truly colourful Aslan stood below their own individual sashimomo all gently fluttering in (the same) holographic breeze.

At ground level perspective brutally reasserts itself and these Aslan look exactly both as they are and also as they intend to portray themselves. Ikazuchi is a massive for an Aslan seemingly some 2.5 meters tall even when wearing only light armour - he seems to have come in a hurry. He is flanked by two warriors wearing beautifully laquered battledress who eschew helmets and as well as their energy weapons are individually armed with an enormous halberd and a two handed mace that a human could barely even lift. Standing a pace behind and to the Warlord's flank stands his wife. This is Yūgure "The Twilight” wearing reinforced soft armour covered by a hooded cloak and herself flanked by two cowled demure female aslan in plain grey robes. She is backed by the combat armoured Hibiki who has her attention locked on her holo projected tacmap. While a squad of Teahleikhoi troopers in more mundane batteldress maintain a perimeter about the landed grav APC and blacked out luxury suburban grav limo brightly iridescent "dragonflies" dart sharply about the feline company.

Warlord Ikazuchi steps forward to greet Frank nodding at Jess who flanks him advancing under her own illuminated holographic Iyhlua banner. The SEMC officers are accompanied by an honour guard of the "universally casual" Rangers who (because now they apparently do give a monkey's) exhibit a capacity for pristine drill that warms certain areas of the QSM's military bearing. The Aslan rumbles "Greetings Warlord Colonel Frank Cross of the EssEeeEmmSee. I am come as great insult has been attempted against the Iyhlua Clan by the human Corporation Soosag. I am pleased to learn that the assassins were properly dealt with by your warriors. Since I see that your samuari disguise themselves as ronin I note that you are an adept strategist". He offers Frank an acknowledging inclination of his head with this last and then kicks the "picnic box" Sazanami was carrying. Two human heads roll out one, on a dangerous vector towards the edge of the flight deck, is hotly pursued by several of the "dragonflies". A deep rumbling might be Aslan laughter as the heads scatter across the flight deck. Ikazuchi continues "I require the rest of the heads for display". He waves his hand dismissively "My wife is going to do something diplomatic with them". Seemingly baffled by his brief examination of that concept he rallies with "Nevertheless, we are at war! Fahr!" All of the male Aslan roar their joyous delight at the announcement. For those used to Aslan the effect is merely unsettling. For those unused to them their roar is deeply disturbing on a primal level.

Ikazuchi nods at Jess once more in acknowledgement "Bannerman" and then "noticing" Polly (stood at Frank's side) he rumbles "Lady Polly Iyhlua, I greet you. I am glad to see you unharmed and also to learn that your brave personal guards were able to slay your assailants. I offer a small reward to accompany the glory of their actions". While his bodyguard strike their weapon hilts on the deck in "appalause" Ikazuchi hands Jess a weighty silk wrapped bundle that, on appraisal by weight, she strongly suspects is an ingot. As an apparent afterthought Ikazuchi states "I regret the dishonourable injury to your hand maiden Sazanami. I will have her replaced".

Having apparently dealt with the formalities the Warlord then enthusiastically rallies with "If their are any prisoners I will deal with them now for the dishonourable insult rendered to the clan!" The bodyguard strike sparks from the metal deck in their percussive approval.

Frank and company are suddenly very conscious of the stretcher bearers moving the wounded assassin towards the back of the ambulance a scant distance away.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by shaidar »

Frank nods at the huge Aslan

"Greetings Warlord Ikazuchi of the Teahleikhoi, as always it is an honour. I shall ensure that as the bodies are disposed of the heads will be made available to your esteemed wife." he nods at Yūgure "Sazanami brought honour to her clan in defence of her mistress, I hope that she makes a full recovery from her injuries. As for SuSAG, it would appear that Deputy Director Drace Keening has been undertaking some kind of power grab inside SuSAG and that the company is pushing back. I believe this attack is him attempting to clear up some loose ends, removing those that might oppose him before they get a chance. SuSAG is a multi-sector conglomerate and of course wee must respond to this insult, but we must ensure that the response is aimed at the scoundrel responsible for such a cowardly and dishonourable action."
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#513 Post by dongriffiths »

Having scavenged as much ammo as he could find Klaus hurries to join the reception committee.

Entering the flight deck he is impressed by the Aslan host and moves discretely to the side, checking on the men loading up casualties.

Hurry up and get them to medbay.
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by gurusql »

Kit

Kit continues with Freya to make sure the space is clear.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Jess (and anyone opting to go down to the Flight Deck)
shaidar wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:58 pm "Greetings Warlord Ikazuchi of the Teahleikhoi, as always it is an honour. I shall ensure that as the bodies are disposed of the heads will be made available to your esteemed wife." he nods at Yūgure "Sazanami brought honour to her clan in defence of her mistress, I hope that she makes a full recovery from her injuries. As for SuSAG, it would appear that Deputy Director Drace Keening has been undertaking some kind of power grab inside SuSAG and that the company is pushing back. I believe this attack is him attempting to clear up some loose ends, removing those that might oppose him before they get a chance. SuSAG is a multi-sector conglomerate and of course wee must respond to this insult, but we must ensure that the response is aimed at the scoundrel responsible for such a cowardly and dishonourable action."
Frank notices that despite the fresh sea breeze both Polly and Yūgure cool themselves with their fans. He simply can't study the whole exchange given that deliberate ignorance of Ikazuchi might surely be construed as an "insult with fatal consequences". However, he notes one passage whereby Polly executes eight vicious chops with her fan followed by two complete foldings one of which she circles with forefinger and thumb and yet with the next she slides the same grip off the fan.

In response Ikazuchi states with utter certainty "I will find his fastness, besiege him in it and then tear it down until I can confront him in personal combat!" The assembled Aslan keenly award their percussive approval. As their display dies down it suddenly tails off as the Aslan first notice a new element arriving on the flight deck.

From the SEMC's rear Tartar advances holding his new shotgun and an ACR in a saltire cross before him.

Ikazuchi growls "A herald... interesting..." he crosses his forearms in solemn acknowledgement and beckons them on. With a flick of his hand his bodyguard lower their weapons gracefully grounding their blades. The gesture is significant and surely diplomatic but anyone believing that these "biospecific killing machines" have had their "off" switch thrown might be patently exhibiting the obverse of the selection process which has these creatures peaking at "apex"...

The Tartar advances followed by a naked hobbling figure bearing several grievous but non fatal injuries. T'lia follows a couple of yards behind. She seems to have added a cowled cloak to her high tech skinsuit - it seems to absorb light.

The Tartar places his crossed weapons before him on the deck and bows to Ikazuchi. He the shoves his prisoner across the ward of the crossed weapons and commands "Говори, пизда!" The assassin states mechanically "I suffer from an incurable illness. I gain pleasure from inflicting harm on others and would have delighted in the murder of Polly Iyh-"

Ikazuchi doesn't even telegraph the move.

Any observer who was taking comfort in the Warlord's projected persona of "bluff warrior" might now realise that they might need to adjust their perception in tune with constant selection among apex predators. The assassin is explosively cuffed to the ground with the Warlord's offhand even as he steps forward to gather the human about the ribs with his strong right arm. One more pace and the Warlord sets his forward foot as a fulcrum for the power of his massivesly muscled back and shoulders as he attempts an immense throw towards the flight deck's rim.

For a moment it seems that, although still frighteningly impressive, the feat of strength might fail in its intent as the assassin might fall short of Collace's hungry ocean. Then it becomes apparent that Ikazuchi wasn't aiming merely for the flight deck's edge but a specific safety stanchion. The screaming assassin strikes the metal safety post and violently separates leaving only his pelvis and legs impaled in place. While every Aslan male exults in admiration and even a few SEMC troopers join in Yūgure offers T'lia an acknowledging bow and beckons her over to her company. Hibiki tunes her ECM gear and the two grey clad female Aslan take post as the two talk.

OOC: T'lia and The Twilight in the same place - this must be either horrendously scary... or good for business... maybe both... :twisted: :SAN:

Don't you folk at least feel vaguely responsible... :P :D
Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:39 amDon't you folk at least feel vaguely responsible... :P :D [/ooc]
Prerna is insanely proud of her wife...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by shaidar »

Frank stands there, watching the scene unfold with an expressionless look on his face.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Freya looks concerned. She tries to look at the actions from the perspective of Collace's minimal legal system and the Imperial Laws of War, and can foresee several potential problems if SuSAG were to take legal umbrage - and court action is just war by other means! Perhaps a chat with a local law firm is needed. She'll bring that up with the Colonel once the Aslan have departed.

The Aslan seems angry. she decides. Aslan culture was never on her reading list. She thinks she may have overlooked something there.
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by The Bindoner »

Jess is never entirely comfortable dealing with Aslan, some of her worst days involved them, and the display of maleness tests her discipline. However, experience has taught her to keep her attention on the Mollies, until the shooting starts, so she concentrates on observing them, watching for any sign things might become kinetic.

Regarding the presentation and disposal of the assassin, her response is a sotto voce: Waste of evidence while thinking to herself: Well, that'll put him in a good mood, anyway.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by BackworldTraveller »

We seem to have a stereotype of an archetype. I guess if you are dealing with Aslan mercenaries, that's what you get. Who is the real mover behind the angry one?

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”