The Mausoleum

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Mausoleum

#481 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

"Wise words." As he adds the satchel of coins to his pack, and is ready to leave.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by sastaz »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm Ceana

The druid pockets the potion and says, "Can we leave now? I'm ready to smell fresh air, even if it is full of sand and grit."
Added potion to character sheet.
Tuurma stretches, and exhales loudly.

"Music to my ears. Hopefully, we accomplished something here today. At least a few less walking dead. Let's move out, and like Kain says, keep your eyes open and stay alert."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#483 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I don't see a chosen Secondary Skill on the sheets of Belloc, Cormag, or Taibhse. Since I use these often for RP situations amongst other things, you might want to pick one of those eventually and let me know when you do. Thanks!

The Lost Mausoleum
Finishing The Job, Next Day

It is nearly midday by the time the final search of the last crypt is complete. With everything eventually packed up, the group readies to depart this inhospitable place once and for all.

Belloc looks at the scroll tube contents, discovering a great treasure inside in the form of even more magic. He pulls out a scroll covered in magical phrases and sigils, some of which he recognizes as arcane spells. There appears to be ecclesiastical writing as well, though the mage doesn't understand those markings at all.

Absentmindedly fingering his bag of gems, Kain looks over the five colorful rocks, unsure of their value, but pleased by the distinct way they sparkle in the dim rays or Helios.

Including the items they found in Maxon's pack, the group has a good deal of valuables to split up and distribute amongst their surviving ranks.

They leave the Lost Mausoleum area, ducking through the dilapidated and sand strewn streets of the Old City with many peering eyes upon them from the hidden recesses of the slaves dwellings.

On their way back to civilization, there is much discussion about how to split their ample first catch.

Actions?

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

I think I will try to get this sorted before we get back to town to (hopefully) speed up the process.

Normally I just let the group decide who gets what, as long as the same players aren't always taking more than their fair share.

So, go ahead and discuss who wants what from this list, and let me know if there is anything I missed.

If one of you wants to be the groups division master, please go ahead. If I cant find anyone who wants to do it, I will do it myself, but I better not hear any whining once it's done. :lol:

Assorted coin: 180gp (this includes the 65gp in silver trinkets Ceana wanted, so that can be sorted out with the split)
5 Gems: 50gp Blue Opal, 100gp Brown Garnet, 100gp Yellow Amber, 500gp Black Pearl, 1000gp Red Star Ruby.
I am going to take 10% off the total value, since you will need to get them appraised and likely broken down into coin you can split easier. (Anyone want to take the jeweler secondary skill?) :mrgreen:

1750-175= 1575gp + 180gp = 1755gp (or 293gp each)

Magic Items (and who I think has them so far)
Snake-Eye Healing Pill (2d4+2) (Ceana?)
Small Metal Shield
Staff of Stygian Purpose (Belloc)
Unknown Potion (Ceana)
Multiple C-Spells Scroll: Charm Person/Chill Touch/Cure Light Wounds/Continuous Light (Belloc)
(not what I would consider a fair split so far) :lol:

Maxon's Stuff
Spellbook: Burning Hands/Sleep
100gp flawed Ruby (add to total?)
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#484 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag is interested in the shield, but is OK if it goes to someone else and he gets the upcoming SWORD OF DOOM :) Oh, and his secondary skill is a bowyer, I embedded it in his background, but didn't call it out in the notes page. Fixed/
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana will gladly take her share of coin - 293 gold! Wow! - and give up the potion. She has the snake-eye healing pill. She doesn't need a lot of magic > in fact, she's a bit skittish of it all.
Winter is coming...
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kain will spot the cleric spells on the scroll and point them out. Ceana, Taibhse, and I can both read the cleric/druid spells, Taibhse can read the chill touch spell, and Belloc can read charm person and chill touch. I'm unsure of what to do with the scroll. Maybe we keep it as a reserve, or try to sell it? I'm assuming we can't just learn the spells from the scroll. :D

He will defer to the warriors on the shield. Tuurma lost a lot of equipment saving everyone, so maybe she gets it.

Ceana keeps the healing pill, Belloc keeps the staff. Unless the flawed ruby of Maxon's is special, let's just sell that.
Belloc looks to be the only one who can read Maxon's spellbook.

Maybe either Cormag or Tuurma get the potion?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#487 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:03 pm I'm assuming we can't just learn the spells from the scroll. :D

Ceana keeps the healing pill, Belloc keeps the staff. Unless the flawed ruby of Maxon's is special....

Maybe either Cormag or Tuurma get the potion?
This is a great start!

Spell scrolls work a bit differently in HYPERBOREA, in that, the magic used to create the spell is sorta like.....shorthand? Designed to be one shot, quick use, on demand spells. The method used to write them is different, so they cant actually be copied into a spellbook like they are in D&D. (Though Maxon's 2 spellbook spells could be.)

This scroll could be divided up so that the correct class could carry the spells they use, instead of having one character carrying the whole thing around.

Maxon's gem can be sold for 84gp, if that is the route you wish to take. (adding 14gp to each of your totals)

So we need to determine who takes the small shield yet?

If both Tuurma and Cormag want it, we could do a d20 roll, with it going to the highest score. Losing roll gets the potion?

Does that work?
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#488 Post by Ahlmzhad »

I too had Taibhse's secondary skill in his background, but added it to notes: Cook/Baker. Taibhse would be happy to receive any of the spells he could use, and the spellbook if he could use it going forward regardless of the fact the two current spells aren't good for him. We could also sell that book and its two spells. The money split is good.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by sastaz »

I was reading up on the rules right now. It seems that the benefit of having a small shield (+1 AC bonus), like the one found, compared to a large one (+2 AC bonus), is that you're able to use a bow with the buckler still strapped on. Or, of course carry a torch or lantern in that hand. Since Tuurma does not plan to use ranged weapons (not her modus operandi), if Cormag does, he can have the buckler and Tuurma will buy a new tower shield, like the one she had.

If we're purchasing gear right away to speed things up, Tuurma would get a new bastard sword, a large shield and studded leather armor. Also, a hand axe for chopping doors / secondary weapon when fighting oozes.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#490 Post by Belkregos »

the divide sounds good,
i think we should keep the scroll spells with whom ever can use them, you never know when you'll need an extra cure light wounds or light spell
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by hedgeknight »

Perhaps we can do all the dividing and treasure splitting in a private room with food and drink? 8-)
Winter is coming...
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Private rooms are great. I like the idea of splitting and sharing the scroll spells.

Belloc gets charm person.
Taibhse gets chill touch
Ceana gets CLW
Kain gets continuous light. No real preference for Kain, if Ceana has one we can switch.

Belloc can either try to learn burning hands or we could sell the book. I suspect selling a book with spells would give enough to buy a blank one with cash left over.

Confirmed yes on the sale of the ruby
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#493 Post by Belkregos »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:15 pm Private rooms are great. I like the idea of splitting and sharing the scroll spells.

Belloc gets charm person.
Taibhse gets chill touch
Ceana gets CLW
Kain gets continuous light. No real preference for Kain, if Ceana has one we can switch.

Belloc can either try to learn burning hands or we could sell the book. I suspect selling a book with spells would give enough to buy a blank one with cash left over.

Confirmed yes on the sale of the ruby
sounds like a plan, Belloc would try to learn burning hands from the book, we can see what to do with it after
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#494 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for reminding me about the Secondary Skills in your Backgrounds. Did we see one from Belloc yet?

The Lost Mausoleum
Finishing The Job, Next Day

The discussion on splitting treasure gets more subdued with every eye felt peering at them from the shadows. Approaching midday by the time the group finds their way back to the outskirts of the Inner City of Xambaala, the group agrees on one thing, finding a nice backroom in a tavern complete with drink and food where they can finish the job they started. Any preference where?

Tuurma agrees to let Cormag take the small magic shield they found, as long as she can by a larger one with her share of the spoils. After losing most of her necessary possessions to the ooze, she has a long shopping list of items she wishes to buy before trying her luck on another adventure. (this can be done IC at the Bazaar or any other shop of choice)

The scroll of spells is ever so carefully cut into 4 pieces so they can be distributed out to the proper casters. It is agreed that Maxons gem will be sold for coin and his spellbook will be absorbed by the appropriate casters.

Passing through the dusty streets towards their chosen backroom, the crew hears whispers from the locals about far less undead activity plaguing their nights here in Xambaala. (well, last night at least) :lol:

Jewelers and Money Changers are sought out so the large gems can be sold and the coin distributed amongst the survivors. Folks gawk at the half naked Tuurma and the newly scarred Kain as the group makes their way to a safe house to finish their split. (I dont think we ever addressed the possibility of a scarring issue affecting Kain's Charisma, so let me have a Test of Constitution to see how well he healed up.) :?

Once you decide where you want to have lunch, I will lay down some XP rewards next. Please check my new lists below and make sure everyone is happy with the split. If you guys would rather make the distribution more fair with characters who got the best magic stuff giving up some of their gold for those who got less, please feel free to figure that out amongst the group.

Actions?

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

Assorted coin: 180gp
5 Gems: 50gp Blue Opal, 100gp Brown Garnet, 100gp Yellow Amber, 500gp Black Pearl, 1000gp Red Star Ruby.
1750-175 = 1575gp + 180gp = 1755gp + 84gp from Maxons gem
307gp each

If anyone here is like me who enjoys keeping/purchasing specific treasure items such as gems or other trinkets (like Ceana did with the silver items) to add to their sheets instead of unrealistically carrying around thousands of coins, please feel free to do so.

Ceana: Snake-Eye Healing Pill (2d4+2)
Cormag: Small Metal Shield (unidentified)
Belloc: Staff of Stygian Purpose
Tuurma: Unknown Potion

Scroll:
Charm Person: Belloc
Chill Touch: Taibhse
Cure Light Wounds: Ceana
Continuous Light: Kain

Spellbook: Burning Hands: Belloc (copying this into your existing book will require a successful Chance to Learn Spell roll, 10gp, and three days of time)
Sleep: (to be sold?)

One thing I wont do for players is keep track of their sheets, so I strongly encourage everyone to keep their sheets current and up to snuff. If you don't feel like tracking your own items, XP, etc. and I don't see them on your sheet when I check at a later date, you will no longer own those items. I feel like the least a player can do to contribute to the game is to remain diligent about their own characters progression. Thanks!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#495 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I just remembered this from Maxon's sheet as well.
1 vial anti-venom
Anyone?
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#496 Post by Belkregos »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:02 pm Thanks for reminding me about the Secondary Skills in your Backgrounds. Did we see one from Belloc yet?
Navigator (map maker) will be Belloc's secondary skill, where should i add this on the character sheet? just a note on the background section?
i'll edit the character sheet to add the equipment as well,
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#497 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Belkregos wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:39 pm
OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:02 pm Thanks for reminding me about the Secondary Skills in your Backgrounds. Did we see one from Belloc yet?
Navigator (map maker) will be Belloc's secondary skill, where should i add this on the character sheet? just a note on the background section?
i'll edit the character sheet to add the equipment as well,
Great!

Please make a Note of it in your Notes section for easier future access for your old and forgetful referee.
:lol:
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:17 pm I just remembered this from Maxon's sheet as well.
1 vial anti-venom
Anyone?
Since Tuurma and Cormag are most likely to get poisoned (?) being in the front row, maybe they should not carry it since they will be too busy being paralyzed and dying from said poison to administer the anti venom to themselves?
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#499 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Did you get the bag of coins Taibhse is carrying? I'm good with that split. I guess sell the spellbook when Belloc is finished with it and we can split that as well. I'd go for at least one of those gems. I'd also like to give Turma 15gp to help with her lost gear, she was a big part of why we made it back, and lost all that in that fight.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by hedgeknight »

Assorted coin: 180gp
1750-175 = 1575gp + 180gp = 1755gp + 84gp from Maxons gem
307gp each

If anyone here is like me who enjoys keeping/purchasing specific treasure items such as gems or other trinkets (like Ceana did with the silver items) to add to their sheets instead of unrealistically carrying around thousands of coins, please feel free to do so.

I would prefer to have a split of coin and gems personally. How best to do that?
Ceana could keep the 50gp Blue Opal and then maybe break down some of the others in smaller gems and coin. I doubt there is a place in the city trustworthy enough to stash our coin...is there?

Ceana will carry the vial of anti-venom if that's okay.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Completed Missions”