Chapter 5: Harvest of Death

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: Harvest of Death

#461 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon will take the point position and look inside the cave to see what he can tell from the entrance.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#462 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The cave is still clear that Jivet scouted and the group planned to use as a base camp.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"Let's hide the bodies at the scene and move the cave for the discussion with the Goblin as planned."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Good idea." Egon will move into the cave and make sure it is secure. Does it go deeper in? He searches for secret/hidden/concealed doors.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by gurusql »

Just to be clear, I mean the cave that cleared and set-up as our base.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Rex »

Egon

I actually meant the cave they came out of.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#467 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist says, "Let's all be clear here. We should all be doing the same thing. Unless you prefer to split up?"

Trist moves with Jivet to the cave Jivet said was clear.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Karaunios »

Kravoud

"Better not to split up. There also no reason. If you know a safe cave, the one your said you wanted to rest in, then let's go there first to interrogate the goblin. There will be time to go into their cave and see what's in there. Come on, I'll mount guard at the entrance while you do it."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Rex »

Egon

"No splitting up for sure."
RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#470 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

"We might be strong but there might be many goblins in that cave. We just don't know and maybe not take the chance to split." said the High Elf as he tries to get a bearing of where he's at. "I do apologize, I feel as if my head is in a fog. I'm sure I'll be alright."

OOC - I really just got to log in on Sundays, seems like Sunday was a very active day. :D
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#471 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To clarify you might ask Grimnar what he found in the cave he fled from. But the one scouted is clear and does go in further. I can state that Grimnar would tell you the cave he entered does indeed go deeper in and had a working mine those that chased him is primarily what he found when he went in there.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#472 Post by Darklin2 »

Grimnir

Those Buggers were in the cave I partially explored. There are more Gnolls, Dog Face bi-peds that stink of urine and filth. More Hobgoblins and some kind of mine below the surface. it was full of goblin slaves being beated to work the mines. I heard Orcish and Goblin being spoken but knew I was in over my head so decided to leave and fight 'nother day.

He walks around checking the dead for anything he can salvage for metal. Paying close attention to big heavy maces and hammers if there are any. Collecting any coin and handing it to who ever is closest to him at the time. He also retrieves his Javelins, and any others he may find.

Thank you for the help. I might not have survived if I hadn't seen you all here..
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by Rex »

Egon

"I am not sure we have time to deal with the mines, but I don't like the idea of leaving humanoids at out back along our path of retreat."
RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#474 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

A frown spreads across the High Elf's face as he ponders what both Grimnir and Egon just said. "Most likely there are many that dwell in the mines below. I do agree with Egon, we should take precaution if we're to explore the mines.. Grimnir, are there other paths that leads further down that are safe from the goblins and whatever lurks down below?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

Delsenora just shakes her head, pausing for a moment waiting for consensus to return.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#476 Post by Darklin2 »

Grimnir

I went down into the cave and saw a large cave full of Gnolls, Goblins, and Hobgoblins all laying around in odd positions and on different furs. Then I continued into the cave and swacked 4 goblins where I found a pulley system going down into the floor. I shimmied down the ropes where I found a vast cave network full of workers and taskmasters whipping their slaves to mine ore. I was on a salvage mission to find metal to work so I didn't want to engage the entire mine so I left. There was no other way through or out of the mines that I saw.

He will pile up all the metal that is workable in a large pile and see if anyone wants anything from it before collecting it.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#477 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

"I don't know.. From what you just said we would be outnumbered." said Xlore while running a gloved hand through his hair while thinking it over. "What is the group's consensus about the mines?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"If we are going to talk to this stupid goblin it is not going to be in the mines. We need to go back to our safe cave or kill the goblin. Either way we cannot stand here and discuss it.", Delsenora says in a low tone that lets even those that have just met her know she is annoyed.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Back to the safe cave, agreed." He starts to head back.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#480 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist shakes her head and says, "I couldn't agree more Delsenora. Let's get to the safe cave and interrogate the goblin. Let's waterboard the creature for a bit and see what it knows.

Trist starts moving to the cave Jivet scouted as being clear.

Once we're done with the goblin, we can plan our next action as we rest and heal up.

gurusql wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:02 am Delsenora

"If we are going to talk to this stupid goblin it is not going to be in the mines. We need to go back to our safe cave or kill the goblin. Either way we cannot stand here and discuss it.", Delsenora says in a low tone that lets even those that have just met her know she is annoyed.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Return to “Archive”