Home Sweet Home

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Home Sweet Home

#441 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: Before we go, I need to see if I am capable of channeling Frey's light today.
Casts CLW on herself: CLW [1d8] = 7. She smiles.
Elitir... Casts CLW on her: CLW [1d8] = 5.
And now Fin... Casts CLW on him: CLW [1d8] = 6
Zefarrel beams with happiness. Now we are ready to go.

I forgot about Pumphrey before. At this point we have no way of saving him from the poison, so he is out of luck.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Thank you Zefarrel. We are much stronger now."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#443 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan stretches and tests his limbs.

"I feel right as rain now, Zef. Thanks much for that."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Content to spend days reading, Mac doesn't feel the same restlessness as the younger members of the party. "Ah. Time to go is it? Very Well. Lead on."

Mac moves out to the hallway and checks to see if his mark is still on the wall.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Guest Room
Day 3
Early Morning

After another full day of recuperation, the party feels pretty good about leaving their hideout to see if they can find their way out of this strange house, or dungeon, or secret abode, or whatever this odd place is. Zefarrel uses her magic to bring the injured around, and soon, the party is in near perfect health again.

Mac sets his 47th book down and joins up with the others. They cautiously leave the room and re-enter the hallway. Mac looks for his perfect, flowing signature on the wall and finds it still there, right where he left it. Sprig takes a listen at the other wooden door but he doesn't hear a thing.

Finnigan suggests only moving through the same positioned portal until they can figure out some sort of system for using these doors. The one directly across the hall is suggested, and since nobody likes to argue with good dwarven logic, that is where the group heads next.

Oddly enough, the party enters the same exact hallway that they were just in. But, is it? The ingenious Mac looks for his name on the wall, but doesn't see it there now.

Actions?
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG (177.94 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Stick with Finn's idea. Mac, go ahead and mark the wall here, slightly different than the other time so we can tell the difference. Then we go through the first left portal." Elitir has her sword and shield ready.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#447 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: So there are more than 1 of these halls. I like the idea of marking - how about another one of us mark this one. Then we can refer to it as "so-and-so's hall".
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Good idea, I can leave my mark in this one." With that Elitir scratches a big X on the wall in the same location Mac had signed in the other hall.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#449 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

As the group enters the new hall and sees the lack of signage, Mac exclaims. "Ah HA! I felt something was off. Tell me, good dwarf and gnome. Do you feel it as well? The construction here is...abnormal."

Mac hastily writes down some notes in his book and looks up when the idea of naming rights is brought forth. "Excellent idea Zefarrel! That also gives me an idea." Mac looks around at the spell casters in the group. "Does anyone know a locating spell? I, unfortunately, do not, but have heard of such a thing."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#450 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan shrugs, "I mean... we can just check the wooden door here on the left and see if there's any sleestacks in the room. If there are, then it's the same hallway. If not, then it's not. But just in case we think we've come back here again..."

Finnigan uses three small chops of his battle axe to put an 'F' in the door on the left.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Once again Dwarven logic prevails. Lets check for the lizard things." She then proceeds to open the wooden door where the lizards to go look for the lizards.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#452 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel has her staff in hand, just in case. Mac, I do not know the spell for locating objects.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig doesn't think of Pumfrey. At all.

"Left magic void doors sounds like a plan," he says. "Let's check the real doors and the rooms beyond before moving on, though."

He checks the real doors for traps.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#454 Post by Alethan »

Once Sprig is done checking the door, Finnigan opens it.
hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#455 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

He likes the strategy the group has come up with to search the surrounding area, and his ears prick up when Mac mentions location spells.

"I actually do possess locate object Mac, which we could use to help navigate if necessary."

He won't use the spell for now, he's currently content to keep safely behind the fighters and watch as they go about their work.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#456 Post by OGRE MAGE »

More Rooms
Day 3
Early Morning

Sprig finds both of these normal doors forced open as well, further confusing the situation. However, when he, Finnigan, and Elitir push the northern door open, it becomes instantly obvious that the hallways are similar, but the rooms are definitely not.

The dimensions are exactly the same as the guest rooms, but this room is filled with halfling sized furniture and the walls are covered with shelves filled with strange trinkets and nicknacks. Colorful ribbons, tiny stone statues, and wooden carvings are everywhere, giving the room the feel of a gift shop. There are only a few books in the room, and all of them seem to contain nothing more than crudely drawn colorful pictures. There is a life sized statue of a koblold in full battle gear in one corner, and another open wooden door that leads to the next room.

The space beyond looks like another bedroom, but all of these walls are lined with chests. The lids of many are open, and expensive colorful clothing pours out of several of them. The beds and furniture are a mess, and both spaces appear to have been searched through extensively.

A small, badly decomposed humanoid body lies in the far corner.

A piece of paper on the floor near the doorway between the rooms has a note written in sloppy common which reads:

Master We kepe hows nice sins you bin gone. Kleko got sik an dide. Me burn bahdee in oven. Me sik now. Not Much time. Golum in dining hall broak. Monne

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"Oh! That reminds me. I found a scrap of paper in one of those books." Mac looks around at those gathered.

"It said:
Start
End
File
10 minute intervals"

"I'm not sure what to make of it."
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#458 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: This looks to be a child's bedroom. I say we move on.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#459 Post by Alethan »

Holding his nose, Finnigan slowly approaches the humanoid corpse to see if he can get a better idea of what sort of creature it was.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"We should at least search it, check the room beyond as well." Elitir will search the room(s).

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”