Expedition - Corbin/Caravan Site- 01 May 2021

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Corbin/Caravan Site- 01 May 2021

#401 Post by Zorroroaster »

Inspired, Silent turns his attention to the largest ogre and murmurs into his hands once again, commanding his sword to his bidding.

Silent will use the Whisperer to Sleep the largest ogre. I realize we're burning through charges pretty quick, but needs must and all that... :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
sirravd

#402 Post by sirravd »

Carchannoi attempts to charm the second-to-largest ogre.
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by KingOfCowards »

Corbin follows up his attack with another thrust of his spear, keeping as much distance as possible from the ogre.
Attack with Spear: [1d20] = 9

If someone wants to throw out an initiative roll, I will see if I can do better.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by Zhym »

"You leave my dog alone!" cries Fingers. "And put down my beer!"

He shoots an arrow at the ogre that just tried to kick his dog (or attacks with his sword, if he's too close to he ogre to use Silmaril), but he's shaking so hard with anger that his attack goes far astray.

Initiative: [1d6] = 2
'Silmaril' (THAC0 19): [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7, [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#405 Post by KingOfCowards »

I'll play the odds and try a new initiative roll
Initiative: [1d6] = 3
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by onlyme »

Markd hurls another rock.

Rolled 11
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw will move another 20 yards to make the Ogres believe there is more than 1 Magic user out in the dark. He will than, seeing the female Ogre go after Sprinkles lets off another magic missile at her.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by Marullus »

Baxtaw shifts in the darkness, disguising the source of the magic. Fingers yells at the ogres confronting his dog and lets fly an arrow. The arrow sails over their heads and into the night. Markd lets fly a stone at the large ogre, hoping to harm him as he struggles to regain his feet. Sprinkles continues to bark and howl, ears pinned back and bouncing back and forth, and intersects cleanly with the path of the stone as it flies towards the melee. Sprinkles yelps in pain as it hits him in the side.

The younger female ogre crouches over the fallen older female ogre, both of them about 50' from the cart and illuminated by their torch. She wakes the older woman, who sits up and regains her bearings. Carchannoi finishes his incantation, its eyes focused on the older female ogre as she gets to her feet. The two ogres watch with expressions of horror as the combat abruptly ends by the cart.

The massive male ogre regains his feet and picks up his massive sword just as Silent finishes whispering to his own blade. The ground shakes as the ogre slumps forward again, landing unceremoniously in a heap. The other young female ogre continues to guard him, the beer barrel tucked under her arm. Another flash of light streaks from the darkness, coming from Baxtaw's new location, and impacts her, spreading its glow across her chest. She goes over backwards, the beer barrel bouncing twice and then rolling away on the ground, her body still.

Corbin takes the opening and steps forward, bringing his spear down in a trained, fierce arc and impales the slumbering ogre through the chest. He gasps once, gripping the spear for a moment, but too weak to remove it, then falls back also still. A wail of grief erupts from the older female ogre, the two ogres remaining still and looking on.

Rolls: Date: 05 May 2021
Time: 12:34am
Temp: 40 F
Wind: 9-11 mph E
Light source: campfire (sunrise 5:21am, no moon, 65% cloud cover)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Zhym »

Just to clarify: two ogres remain alive (or upright, anyway) and neither are attacking?
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Zorroroaster »

I think that's right. Both are charmed. Which is testament to the strength of that spell, considering they just watched two family members die. :(
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by Zorroroaster »

Silent collects his things, stowing his bow and arrows. He retains a grip on his sword, keeping a watchful eye on the two remaining ogres. He waits for those responsible for charming them to begin issuing commands, looking for a better moment to loot the bodies of the fallen ogres. There is a sadness in his eyes as he looks on.

Once the two ogres are preoccupied elsewhere, Silent will help search the bodies. He doesn't want to risk any kind of reprisal from the remaining ogres by touching the bodies as they look on.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Zhym »

Fingers runs around the cart and drops to his knees next to his dog. "Sprinkles!" he says, hugging the bullhound around the neck. "Are you okay? Did the mean man throw a rock at you? Silly dog, I told you to defend me, not get into a fight!" He pets the dog, making sure not to push against the side that got hit. "Who's a good dog?" he asks softly. The question appears to be rhetorical. "You're a good dog! Yes you are! Good dog! Good dog."

"Dunno what you're whimpering about," he mutters in the direction of the crying ogre woman. "You attacked us. You tried to take our beer. And he tried to hurt my dog! I'm glad he's dead."

"Hey, Carch, tell your new friends to put that beer back in the cart, wouldja?" he calls back over his shoulder.
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#413 Post by KingOfCowards »

Corbin holds his spear ready, not sure what to expect next. He will wait intently on the ogre's next move.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by onlyme »

Markd also waits to see what happens next, ready to switch from useless sling to somewhat less useless sword.

Edit to remove ooc question that I answered myself by reading the rules... duh...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

sirravd

#415 Post by sirravd »

"Ogres!" shouts Carchannoi. "Kindly put the beer back in the cart. Then come with us."
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by Marullus »

The ogres show no comprehension of Carchannoi's words. As Carchannoi motions to the barrel, the younger ogre goes to it and lifts the barrel easily, putting it back on the cart. The older ogre rushes to the side of the two fallen ogres, pulling at her greasy, thin hair and sobbing on their corpses.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Zhym »

"Well, this has been fun and all, but we should all get back to sleep," says Fingers, still on his knees and scratching Sprinkles behind one ear. "Big day ahead and all that crap. Whose watch is it now, anyway?"
sirravd

#418 Post by sirravd »

"Does anyone speak Ogrish?"
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- seeing that that the fight is over steps out of the darkness from a different direction than the last magic missile to hide the fact that he was the that killed one of the grieving ogres family. I can speak Hobgoblin and orcish if you think they may understand it.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by onlyme »

Markd attempts to cover his forehead best he can, to keep the orgres from losing their charm with the group.
He avoids looking directly at them as he makes his way toward the dog.
My apologies friend. I thought I had better aim. I wont do that again.

He then whispers,
I dont know much about that spell stuff, but do you think they will not attack or run off while we sleep?

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”