Round 1: The Saucy Tart

Monsieur Rose
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Round 1: The Saucy Tart

#41 Post by Zhym »

Monsieur Rose wrote: "Psst. Hey big guy." Lug hears a voice in the mist. "Thanks for the help with those Gnomes. I'm Holeon. Fancy a teammate?" Lug thinks the voice is coming from behind him, but isn't quite sure. He's just glad that a voice was the only thing that came out of the fog.
"Long as it doesn't mean fighting my friends, sure," answers Lug. He points to Geoffry, grins, and charges.

Grapple: [1d100] = 73 [1d100] = 90

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by dmw71 »

Ah'tak, now that the smoke clears, scans the area where he previously detected the elves... and no longer sees them. He marches with determination towards the door in the rear of the establishment through the pair disappeared moments earlier.

Assuming he reaches it without incident, he'll immediately throw it open and scan the area beyond.

His elbow will attempt to make introductions with any foe that interrupts his progress.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan caught himself right before he swung his candlestick at Rogg and then with a half smile, half rueful shake of his head, he answered Rogg's question with; "It'd probably be going better if I had stuck with you guys instead of charging those Dwarves on my own....still, I think I managed to knock one of 'em out". Then the magic voice boomed out and the fog went away and he saw the two angry Dwarves closing in on him and his friend....

Rogg tossed what appeared to be an unconscious Gnome at them and seeing as how his big half-orc companion and the stage was between him and the Dwarves, Evan shrugged, looked at the candlestick holder and did the same thing; throwing it at the same red-beard he had hurled a mug at earlier.....

[1d20] = 17

Damage: 1d6+1 (assuming club....not sure here): [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 7

Our Heroes

Vonn puts boots to face again, making sure the ugly half-orc stays down. He's not sure if he made Ulfang less or more attractive with the last kick.

Ah'Tak races to the back room of the bar, thinking that's where the good liquor is kept, and tries to spot the sneaky elves. He does so, barely, as they are climbing up the barrels to reach the overhand of the second floor. One turns and sees you, but simply smiles and waves as she pulls herself over the railing.

Lug charges at Geoffry with his new buddy, but Holeon reaches him first. A quick jab in the side elicits a groan from the outnumbered man. Then just as Holeon is preparing to strike again, Lug barrels past, knocking him away and driving a knee up through Geoffry. The smaller man is lifted off his feet and collapses in a pile.

Evan and Rogg can only watch as the two dwarves close the distance surprisingly quickly. Their smell gets there even faster. Telchar leaps over the stage to strike at Evan, but clips his foot on the edge and his fist falls short. Evan seizes the opportunity and brings the candlestick down on his head with a resounding *CLANG*. Telchar falls limp on the stage.

Urin reaches Rogg and lands one, two, three punches. Somehow Rogg feels nothing. The drinks at this place are no joke. He looks down and sees Urin beating the living crap out of Betham the gnome, who is being held by Rogg. Urin finally sees through this defense and lands a kidney punch on Rogg. 7 Dmg, 6 temp. "What the hell are ye doing, man? Donna be using the little folk for armor!"

Rogg finally responds with a very gnomish attack, unfortunately only managing to drape Betham over Urin now. Urin is now slowed by this turn of events.

Unfazed by the odd melee next to him, Evan tosses the candlestick at Urin, smacking him in the head. Again.

The Room

Tarielye and Golfi seem to be sneaking up the back way towards the halflings, who are now back up to four as Marode is back up. The halflings are cheering the events below. "Watch out! He's got a gnome!" They burst into raucous fits of laughter.

A voice calls out: That's half a dozen minutes. Anyone still unconscious in the next minute is out of the game.
On the main floor, only Urin is still up. And Holeon, who seems to be an ally now. The two elves and the four halflings are up and on the balcony.
octagon7.jpg
octagon7.jpg (202.26 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
PC Status
  • Ah'Tak | Half-Orc | Cleric | HP: 10 | Move: 9
    Pummel: (def/attack) 70/23 Grapple:70/16
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 7/11 2 temp | Move: 9
    P:60/17 G:60/11
  • Lug| Human | Fighter | HP: 11 | Move: 12
    P:80/21 G:80/14
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 7/14 6 temp | Move: 9
    P:70/20 G:70/13
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 4/11 4 temp | Move: 12
    P:80/20 G:80/12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf KO
    P:50/22 G:60/17
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
    P:80/21 G:90/13
  • Urin| Dwarf
    P:70/31 G:80/12
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
    P:70/22 G:80/13
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
    P:70/22 G:80/15
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
    P:70/21 G:80/14
  • Sared| Gnome KO
    P:90/24 G:90/15
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
    P:70/18 G:80/11
  • Geoffry| Human KO
    P:70/16 G:80/9
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling
  • Marode| Halfling
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human KO
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn makes sure everyone down around him stays there so they are out of action shortly. He keeps an eye out for any possible sneak attacks on him and tries to catch his breath.

If needed.
Pummel [1d100] = 90 and [1d100] = 7

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by tibbius »

Rogg kicks Urin in the urinary tract.
pummel [1d100] = 48 for damage [1d100] = 65
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

If Evan gets an opening, he'll throw a quick one-two combo at Urin....(pummeling attack)

Pummeling attack (d100 I believe?): [1d100] = 34

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by dmw71 »

Ah'tak shoots the waving elf the middle finger and gives chase, looking to amble up the stacks of barrels as quickly as he can. He knows, in his armor, his chance of catching the pointy-ears, but he begins formulating a plan of all the things he plans to do to them once they run out of real estate.

On the odd chance he does manage to get close enough, he'll attempt a dive tackle.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

Lug gives Holeon a look, just to make sure they're still on the same team. Seeing no one else in easy jumping range, he asks, "Who we gonna get next?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 8

Our Heroes

Vonn keeps a keen eye on the group around him, looking for movement. He thinks he noticed Gatu starting to move. Maybe. Not one to leave a guy alone when he's down, Vonn stomps Gatu not once but twice, making sure this time.

Rogg kicks Urin right in the dwarfs. Taking a cue from Vonn, he isn't satisfied with just one nut cracked, he wants both. A second swift kick has Urin staggering and crossing his eyes before he drops, Bertham on top of him.

Evan leaps over the stage to join the party, but Urin is staggering as he gets there. That doesn't seem to concern Evan, as he hits Urin on the way down.

Ah'Tak sprints to the barrels to climb up but isn't quick enough to grab the feet of the fleet elves before they disappear over the edge. He frantically scrambles up, head just cresting the edge of the balcony.

Lug gives Holeon a side glance and nod, which is returned silently. Holeon then moves to the ramp upstairs, calling for Lug to follow. "The rest seem to be up there. Bet I can throw one further than you."

The Room

Tarielye and Golfi have crested the lip of the balcony and are up near the halflings, who have finished cheering and are now making rude gestures in your direction.

Evan and Rogg hear a groan and a crack behind them. As they turn they see Tane, the bald human, leap to the wall then propel off it to reach the ledge above and pull himself over.

All non-party combatants are now on the balcony level. I ghosted those who are knocked out. In case you need a body to land on or something. While the rest are jeering and cheering, one of the halflings has been knocked out by Golfi.
octagon8.jpg
octagon8.jpg (205.03 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 8/11 1 temp | Move: 9
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 8/14 5 temp | Move: 9
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 5/11 3 temp | Move: 12
NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf KO
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
  • Urin| Dwarf KO
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
  • Sared| Gnome KO
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
  • Geoffry| Human KO
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling KO
  • Marode| Halfling
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Zhym »

Having run out of people to fight on the floor, Lug runs for the balcony.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn will wait for the others and then rush up the stairs to the balcony after them. He doesn't want to get trampled by the much larger and faster others in the group.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by tibbius »

"Hey!" bellows Rogg. "If we split the purse even right now that's 80 gold each. If you up on the balcony consider the impact we're about to have, let's say a hundred for each of us and you split the rest."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by dmw71 »

Ah'Tak, already on the second level of the establishment, continues to give chase to the elves he has been pursuing. "I will find you pointy ears," he taunts.

He continues to move quickly, seeking out his victims, ready to land a punch to the elf that waved at him earlier.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 9

Our Heroes

A herd of angry adventurers stampedes up the ramp to the balcony level. Lug, Vonn, and Evan all quickly follow Holeon up to engage and possibly do some halfling tossing.

Rogg yells out a proposition which sounds good to everyone who can hear it. Unfortunately, only his allies and the Bouncer can. "Heh, heh. Sounds like a deal ta me. Pity they seem a bit preoccupied."

Ah'Tak finally chases down his prey and jumps right into the fray above. An overhand haymaker is quickly followed by a kidney punch that leaves Golfi sucking wind. Still standing, but hurting.

The Room

Tarielye drops Marode with a single punch, knocking the poor halfling head over heels and crashing off the table.

Golfi sucker punches Arran right before Ah'Tak charges in and acts very un-gentlemanly. It isn't all bad for Golfi as Ah'tak's...atttack...knocks Golfi out of the way from retribution from Arran.

Tane takes an odd stance and waves his hands in the face of Folco, then seems to beckon him with his fingers. Folco obliges and is met with a palm to the neck. He staggers back, clearly dazed.

Ok. Only 5 left standing. Tane the monk just managed to open palm stun the burly halfling.
octagon9.jpg
octagon9.jpg (202.05 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 9/11 | Move: 9
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 9/14 4 temp | Move: 9
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 6/11 2 temp | Move: 12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf KO
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
  • Urin| Dwarf KO
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
  • Sared| Gnome KO
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
  • Geoffry| Human KO
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling KO
  • Marode| Halfling KO
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf
    P:40/23 G:50/17

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan sees Ah'Tak engaged with the elves and he does his best to rush over there and help out....

(If he gets over there in time) Coming upon the Elves, he'll do his best to bob and weave and jab and hook with the pointy-eared foe....

Pummelling attack on Tarielye......

Input: [1d100]
Output: [1d100] = 53

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn will keep coming until he reaches someone not from his group (Tane maybe?). Once there he will take a swing if possible.

Pummel [1d100] = 33 and [1d100] = 50

Edited to change Holeon to Tane.
Last edited by Rex on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Zhym »

Can’t make a real post until this evening, but please consider Lug to have said that Holeon has joined up with us now.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by tibbius »

Rogg stands with his arms folded watching the fracas above, smiling a tusky and satisfied smile, occasionally glancing around to see whether anyone below is starting to stir.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#60 Post by dmw71 »

"You go down now," Ah'tak taunts Golfi as he attempts to overpower the wirery elf; looking to pummel it with a powerful punch.

-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “The Octagon (D&D)”