Action Thread 9

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 9

#41 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Yosef snaps to from his troubled sleep and takes in the horrific scene. He instinctively grabs up his longsword laying next to his bedroll and jumps to his feet...
Alethan wrote:... "Yosef, get that thing off of Eyman!"

Responding to his companions words, Yosef points his finger at the hideous creature on Eyman and casts his Magic Missile spell at it:

[2d4+2] = 6+2 = 8

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2931

Well done, Argennian! :) Must be our lucky Friday!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by rredmond »

Just for the record the DM is not happy how your luck turned SO good this time around. :D
I'll update sometime this weekend I hope, but I wanted to clarify, EVERYONE is awake at this point and everyone can do something.
The bad guys have a 4 initiative.
Jeloon, Till and Derek get attacks first. (I think Jeloon and Derek have already gone.)
All those rolling out of bed and using weapons will be docked two segments, so they will attack simultaneously with the bad guys in segment 6.
The MM spell will go off in segment 5, so it will go before the bad guys attack. I'll await Bruard's and Derek's actions before moving forward, but Van's got a glint in his eye that's reflecting weirdly off the ogre spear as he rushes to attack the bad guys! ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Just for the record the DM is not happy how your luck turned SO good this time around. :D
Ummm... I don't follow you. Why not? 8-) ;)
rredmond wrote:Jeloon, Till and Derek get attacks first. (I think Jeloon and Derek have already gone.)
Jeloon and Till have already gone. Derek has yet to attack.

Yosef has already indicated his actions. I guess we're just waiting on Bruard... and Van-of-the-glinting-eye... (I'm hoping that means you've already rolled his To Hit and Damage and that it is good? :) )
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, waking from his slumber, takes in the situation and recognizes the creatures that are upon him and his friends. He pulls out his holy symbol, holds it in front of him and at the attacking creatures, and shouts a prayer to Shinare "Go back, vile creatures.. back to the depths of hell where you were created!"

Turn undead: [1d20] = 3

OOC: Balls! I needed a 4 and got a 3. Well, we'll have to do this the hard way, gents! (Shinare must be busy at the moment)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard, waking from his slumber, takes in the situation and recognizes the creatures that are upon him and his friends. He pulls out his holy symbol, holds it in front of him and at the attacking creatures, and shouts a prayer to Shinare "Go back, vile creatures.. back to the depths of hell where you were created!"

Turn undead: [1d20] = 3

OOC: Balls! I needed a 4 and got a 3. Well, we'll have to do this the hard way, gents! (Shinare must be busy at the moment)
Lol... No worries, Greg. We need the XP anyway! :)
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#46 Post by Vokarius »

[1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8

Assuming that misses
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by rredmond »

Day 14 – Second watch shift; bitter end of the day
Round 2 – Night time attack

Sorry took so long guys.

Getting used to these creatures and enjoying the blue glow of her sword deepening in color with their blood, Jeloon is able to hew yet another one. This blow doesn't quite split the creature in two, but it does the job as the meeping slows, dies in volume and stops, the creature falling to the ground.

Till, not fearing melee, attacks the other creature attacking Jeloon, Derek swinging his sword as well. Till is able to connect with his short sword while Derek misses. Till's sword somehow earns Derek the attention of this creature as it turns to face him.

Bruard cannot bring the light of Shinare to bear against these creatures, though he spends the effort and time to do so.

The third creature that had so recently been savaging Eyman gets blown back by bolts of light coming from Yosef. It shakes it off and furthers its attack on Jeloon.

The creature who turned on Derek is able to connect with one fingernail clawed hand, as well as a decent bite. Derek takes 5 HPs of damage. Derek needs to make a save versus death/paralysis/poison.

Jeloon's evasions and armor again keeps her safe from the attack of the creatures in front of her.

The DAM handlers start to ready fire as ordered.

Van, glint in his eye, and small glow at the tip of his spear, rushes forward and spears the creature on Derek with a little sizzle. The creature quietly meeps in some sort of pain, and slides off the spear dead. "Nice," Van says looking at the spear.

The last creature left, who had been in front of Jeloon, meeps crazily and jumps away from the group. He runs away toward the tower.

The creature is in full flight. Eyman is on the ground, blood gushing from various parts of his body, particularly his face.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 35/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 35/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon & Derek; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (none lit), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-3/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by migellito »

Envisioning the meeping creature giving some sort of word of our presence to those at the tower, Jeloon chases after the fleeing creature. She considers tackling the thing, but decides the reach of her sword would probably be more effective.

Magic longsword thaco16 - [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 = AC +2 from behind = AC 3

Magic longsword damage [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9 damage

(my next normal round would be a 2 attack, but since it's fleeing I wasn't sure how you'd want to handle that)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by rredmond »

Jeloon easily catches the creature from behind and mows it down with her sword.

It meeps no more.
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by migellito »

She drags the body back to pile them with the others. "Pile them west of camp?"
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#51 Post by Alethan »

Till kneels over the injured hireling. "Bruard, how badly is Eyman hurt? Can you fix him up??"

When Bruard begins examining Eyman, Till gives him space and begins nervously pacing about. After a bit, he casually pokes at the corpses with his sword, looking for anything of interest. Maybe some indication as to where they were from before they were transformed into the garish creatures recently transformed for a second time... into inanimate objects?

When he's done examining the dead-again-undead, he cleans the ghoul goo off his new sword and sheathes it.

"So obviously whatever is in that tower knows we're here already, right? Might as well make a cheery fire, then. At the very least, we'll have fire handy then in case more come back... We would, of course, make sure it is out of the line of sight of the tower. You know, just in case they don't REALLY know we're here and that was just some ghoulish scouting party or something."
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#52 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Till kneels over the injured hireling. "Bruard, how badly is Eyman hurt? Can you fix him up??"
Bruard examines poor Eyman and says 'He's in pretty bad shape. He'll most likely need two helpings from Shinare to cure him, yet I only have one, and he's still paralyzed. My experience with these fell beasts is that their paralysis, while strong, wears off quickly. Let me cure his wounds and see how he fares.'

Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 8

Bruard and his companions watch as Eyman's wounds begin to heal before their eyes. 'Shinare must have woken from her slumber, as she is now by our sides once again! I need to take this time to pray to her and refresh my curative abilities'
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by rredmond »

Eyman is now sleeping a similar sleep, like he did when he was out for 6 days. If not deeper.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Eyman is now sleeping a similar sleep, like he did when he was out for 6 days. If not deeper.
OOC: He's slept more days than he's been active on this adventure! Och, that' doesn't bode well for his performance review...

Did Till find anything on the corpses?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:...
Did Till find anything on the corpses?
Just shredded clothing and rotting flesh under their finger nails. They carried nothing with them.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Argennian »

With sword still in hand, Yosef takes up a defensive position in front of Till and Bruard as they attend to poor Eyman, watching into the darkness after Jeloon as she easily drops the fleeing undead and begins to drag it back toward camp. He looks back to catch a glimpse of their hireling's shredded face and averts his eyes, silently praying that he will be okay.
When the elf meets eyes with Van he smiles, and indicates that he also saw the unusually-bright glow of the spear as he impaled the ghoulish beast and heard the sizzle of a more powerful magic emenate from it. "It would appear that the Ogre Spear has a more powerful enchantment versus the undead, master Van. You showed your mettle and a warrior's quick action yet again. Well done!" Yosef exalts with a nod of respect and thanks to their hireling.

He then turns to see Bruard cast the curative spell on Eyman and marvels again at the power and resilience of the priest of Shinare. "Shinare be properly thanked and praised, friend Bruard! I salute you and your goddess yet again," the elf offers with a sigh of relief that the ever-loyal Eyman will make it.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote: When the elf meets eyes with Van he smiles, and indicates that he also saw the unusually-bright glow of the spear as he impaled the ghoulish beast and heard the sizzle of a more powerful magic emanate from it. "It would appear that the Ogre Spear has a more powerful enchantment versus the undead, master Van. You showed your mettle and a warrior's quick action yet again. Well done!" Yosef exalts with a nod of respect and thanks to their hireling.
Till pulls out a piece of scrap paper and the stub of a pencil and tries to calculate how much more valuable Van's "payment vis-a-vis magical weapon" is with the additional undead bane most recently discovered.

He mumbles to himself, "At this rate, Jeloon's going to have an indentured servant for more than 10 years... if he lives that long."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – Good (??) morning

Cause I did all the rolls, and this being the ghouls' hunting grounds canceled out (in my mind) the making of the fire, I'm going to go ahead and move you forward. Let me know if we need to retcon anything.

The rest of the night passes well, which allows everyone to heal a bit, and get the spells that they wanted. You all realize that your care, and a whole lotta luck got you past the encounter with the undead last night. But (other than a concerning looking Eyman, who's shivering even though he is practically sleeping in the fire) all is well and the morning is bright and sunny.

You see Van calming down Ancor and Rosin, but catch him looking, brows furrowed, over to Eyman quite often. The fire brightens everyone's mood as does the hot breakfast that Derek is preparing :D .

HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 36/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon & Derek; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (none lit), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

During breakfast, Till mulls over some thoughts...

"Oi, I don't like how those ghouls sneaked up on us last night, but I'm not sure there is anything we could have done about it. We'll have to be careful while we're still in this area. If there are others, we'll at least know to be more aware of them and their movements and hopefully we won't be surprised by them in the future. We can also make sure we camp in an area with relatively little open ground to watch (like a small box canyon or even wedged into a little alcove or area where we only have to watch say 90 degrees of area or so) to reduce our chance of being surprised."

"The last one seemed to be heading back to that tower when he was fleeing our mighty warrior here," he gestures at Jeloon. "Maybe we should take the fight to them and ensure no other travellers end up like Eyman... or worse. What does the spirit of Shinare say, Bruard? Do we expel the evil from the tower? Or move on to the great city?"

After breakfast, Till helps to pack up the gear and get Eyman situated on a DAM (again...).

OOC: By the way, Ron, you said using the weapon in the right circumstance will reveal any additional powers, should they be present... so now that it has been used against undead, what are the additional powers in the spear?
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#60 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, deep in prayer, hears Till say his name. He opens one eye and says 'Shinare has not given me an opinion on the matter, but I think we should investigate the temple. Now shush, little one, as I continue my prayers.' He closes his eye and resumes muttering under his breath.

OOC: Ron, I assume that Bruard has served his goddess well and will get all of his spells back? I'm thinking of taking 'hold person' in place of 'slow poison'.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”