Travellers Aid Society Lounge [In-Game Player Chat]

Hvalreki
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Travellers Aid Society Lounge [In-Game Player Chat]

#41 Post by Spearmint »

Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt

If I may, I would like to check on any answers to these two questions.
Arrived back in space: how. Not just floating about I guess. So in a container, a space ship, drop pod? Who found them, when and where? There must be some report of the initial discovery. Maybe whoever found them is still knocking about?
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=6+2=8
Autopsies conducted: when and by whom? Can we access the records to confirm their wounds and cause of death. If done in Amondiage, maybe the Law Enforcement or coroner has a report.
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=7+2=9

Locating a coroner as a starting point for his investigation. I think visiting him, getting a full report and the 'who, what, when, where' of the bodies discoveries will help.
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Thumper »

Ty with an epiphany:

Hey, come to think of it…

I only asked the customs agent what time the Starport Admin office closed. I bet Immigration/emigration and Customs is a 24/7 operation. Ships come and go at all hours. I think I’ll head back to the Starport and see if I can find a bored agent to speak with.

Let me stop back at my room and put my HeC uniform on. You coming Piotr? Anyone else?

The library system is probably open tonight…
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Eris »

TheMyth wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:18 am "Which is why tracing the bodies is a priority. And so is checking on the other crew members. If we can find them, or their trails, we might find the ship," Becky says.
Jako smiles, "Which is why I want to hit this town's best library and look at some archives. See if Perfect Stranger, or any of its crew, comes up more than that one time."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:25 pm Ty with an epiphany:

Hey, come to think of it…

I only asked the customs agent what time the Starport Admin office closed. I bet Immigration/emigration and Customs is a 24/7 operation. Ships come and go at all hours. I think I’ll head back to the Starport and see if I can find a bored agent to speak with.

Let me stop back at my room and put my HeC uniform on. You coming Piotr? Anyone else?

The library system is probably open tonight…
"Oh, hell, yeah." Jako shrugs without looking up from his hand computer, "I guess I can put off sleeping for a few hours more. Back to the starport, then."

On the computer he is seeking information on the local public library system....
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Hvalreki »

Spearmint wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:34 am Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt

If I may, I would like to check on any answers to these two questions.
Arrived back in space: how. Not just floating about I guess. So in a container, a space ship, drop pod? Who found them, when and where? There must be some report of the initial discovery. Maybe whoever found them is still knocking about?
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=6+2=8
Autopsies conducted: when and by whom? Can we access the records to confirm their wounds and cause of death. If done in Amondiage, maybe the Law Enforcement or coroner has a report.
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=7+2=9

Locating a coroner as a starting point for his investigation. I think visiting him, getting a full report and the 'who, what, when, where' of the bodies discoveries will help.

Sorry, missed that one Spearmint!

In regards to the first query, all that was covered in the Mission Briefing was the bodies were shipped back to Imperial Space from Amondiage. There was prefunctory paperwork accompanying the bodies saying the cause of death was determined as "laser wounds." They are unsigned but stamped by Amondiage officials. Freight was paid by an HEC Repatriation Bond (clause X, return of personal remains). There isn't any news coverage that you can find on the nets about the crewmen.

Regarding the second topic, there are several police substations in the area. The closest coroner's office is closer to the city near a large medical complex. The office is currently closed and opens again at 9am local.
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:09 pm
TheMyth wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:18 am "Which is why tracing the bodies is a priority. And so is checking on the other crew members. If we can find them, or their trails, we might find the ship," Becky says.
Jako smiles, "Which is why I want to hit this town's best library and look at some archives. See if Perfect Stranger, or any of its crew, comes up more than that one time."
There is a physical library if you wish to visit but currently closed, opening tomorrow at 10AM local. So far, other than the one less than stellar review, you haven't come across anything on the Perfect Stranger.
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by subaltari »

Gabe puts away his comm, chews on an ice-cube from his empty horchata glass, and glances at Ted as he gets up from the table. "Still up for a leetle pub crawl? I follow your cue, cabron."
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'
Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Gorethirster »

"I could always find a use for another drink. I thought Ty was coming too, but now it sounds like he hasn't seen enough of the uniforms for one day and wants some more of them. I doubt he'll need us, but he'll definitely need a drink when he's done. Ty, you want us to wait for you, or can we start while you waste your time with desk jockeys?"
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Thumper »

Ty:

Nah! I’m gonna see how this idea sorts out. Ya got yer comms? I’ll call ya when I’m done.
Last edited by Thumper on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by Gorethirster »

"Yeah, I got my comms. Try not to have too much fun. And maybe spill someone's coffee for me. These people clearly need a bit less meekness in their life."

Ted casts his eyes around the table. "So who else wants to go drink? Gabe and I are leaving."
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by subaltari »

Before stowing his MRC, Gabe stops to tap at some buttons on the small console. ”Okay guys, let's sync comms now. What freq we use? There is seven of us and this is day one on planet. So how about 7.100 megahertz, dat's in the 'X' band."

Maybe Ted isn't such a boring old stiff after all,
he smiles to himself as he dons his plain civilian windbreaker and follows the ex-merchant out of the restaurant.

Outside, Gabe suggests that the pair head back up the road toward the Starport. "There was some fun looking places on the way here, no?"
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Hvalreki »

So in the history of humankind, no problems have ever occurred when an ex marine and an ex merchanter walk into a bar in a strange port.... :D
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by AleBelly »

Gorethirster wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:47 pm "Yeah, I got my comms. Try not to have too much fun. And maybe spill someone's coffee for me. These people clearly need a bit less meekness in their life."

Ted casts his eyes around the table. "So who else wants to go drink? Gabe and I are leaving."

"I'm too old to keep up with you lads" smiles Piotr. "Or rather, I won't be able to keep up with you tomorrow if I do. I get hangovers worse than after a low passage."
Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by Gorethirster »

So in the history of humankind, no problems have ever occurred when an ex marine and an ex merchanter walk into a bar in a strange port.... :D
Don't think of them as problems, think of them as happy little accidents! :lol:
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by subaltari »

AleBelly wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:24 am"I'm too old to keep up with you lads" smiles Piotr. "Or rather, I won't be able to keep up with you tomorrow if I do. I get hangovers worse than after a low passage."
Gabe nods with a formality he seems to use only with officers in the Naval service; some habits are easier lost than others.
"Be safe getting home, Sir. We see you tomorrow."

Gorethirster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:34 am
Don't think of them as problems, think of them as happy little accidents! :lol:
Make no mistake, accidents will happen... it's a matter of making them happy or not. :)
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Spearmint »

Don't think of them as problems, think of them as happy little accidents!
So my Ma' told me ...
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Spearmint »

In regards to the first query, all that was covered in the Mission Briefing was the bodies were shipped back to Imperial Space from Amondiage. There was prefunctory paperwork accompanying the bodies saying the cause of death was determined as "laser wounds." They are unsigned but stamped by Amondiage officials. Freight was paid by an HEC Repatriation Bond (clause X, return of personal remains). There isn't any news coverage that you can find on the nets about the crewmen.

Regarding the second topic, there are several police substations in the area. The closest coroner's office is closer to the city near a large medical complex. The office is currently closed and opens again at 9am local.
So specifically I want to locate who found the bodies. 'died of laser wounds' obviously suggests a fight not mutual suicide. So where were they found? It had been said they were drifting in space and I suggested that the bodies were not just free floating about the cosmos. So they must have been discovered "drifting' ... what do you mean by that? In a space craft, escape pod, dead in a container in a cargo hold?

Someone found the bodies and reported them and Amondiage authorities then took charge of formal identifications and establishing a 'likely cause of death'.

A) I would like to know the Who of who found them and how to contact them.

B) Check the coroner's report. 'Death by laser gunfire', does that result in any official investigation just to rule out banditry and pirates or renegades attacking random merchant craft? Or they just sign the death off as 'two among many'? What other signs or wounds did they have? How do we know they were not poisoned, executed by shots to the back of the head, any other interesting things discovered in the autopsy? They had no personal effects?

Etc, etc. So my time in TAS is spent cross referencing various reports and variables and hopefully I can reach some more informative conclusions and will visit the coroner when it opens.
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Thumper »

Just keep in mind that we discovered the deceased were reportedly still alive when they departed Amondiage as listed crew of the Perfect Stranger…reportedly for Acadie. Coroner may tell us from where the corpses were shipped??
Last edited by Thumper on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Hvalreki »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:54 pm

So specifically I want to locate who found the bodies. 'died of laser wounds' obviously suggests a fight not mutual suicide. So where were they found? It had been said they were drifting in space and I suggested that the bodies were not just free floating about the cosmos. So they must have been discovered "drifting' ... what do you mean by that? In a space craft, escape pod, dead in a container in a cargo hold?

Someone found the bodies and reported them and Amondiage authorities then took charge of formal identifications and establishing a 'likely cause of death'.

A) I would like to know the Who of who found them and how to contact them.

B) Check the coroner's report. 'Death by laser gunfire', does that result in any official investigation just to rule out banditry and pirates or renegades attacking random merchant craft? Or they just sign the death off as 'two among many'? What other signs or wounds did they have? How do we know they were not poisoned, executed by shots to the back of the head, any other interesting things discovered in the autopsy? They had no personal effects?

Etc, etc. So my time in TAS is spent cross referencing various reports and variables and hopefully I can reach some more informative conclusions and will visit the coroner when it opens.
The brief was very vague on this topic unfortunately. All you know is the bodies were shipped back to Imperial space starting from Amondiage. You can visit the police or Coroners office in the morning if you wish.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Spearmint »

You can visit the police or Coroners office in the morning if you wish.
Sure, when you move to the morning I will go over.

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”