Game Thread - Amondiage Day 1

Hvalreki
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Game Thread - Amondiage Day 1

#41 Post by Thumper »

Eris wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:27 pm
"Damn! It worked!" Jako mutters to himself as he pulls out his hand computer and starts a search for ships jumping for Acadie and taking on passengers.
Tyools over his shoulder and sees Jacko searching for transportation to Acadie.

“Check for working passage, will ya? I can’t stomach the thought of spending for pax space, and I fer damn sure ain’t going back in a box. I’d rather work my way there.”
Last edited by Thumper on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:25 am
Eris wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:27 pm
"Damn! It worked!" Jako mutters to himself as he pulls out his hand computer and starts a search for ships jumping for Acadie and taking on passengers.
Tyools over his shoulder and sees Jacko searching for transportation to Acadie.

“Check for working passage, wi ya? I can’t stomach the thought of spending for pax space, and I certainly ain’t going back in a box. I’d rather work my way there.”
"Got'cha!" Jako says as he puts in parameters for the search, "Destination: Acadie; Passage: Working, High, Mid and Low; Time: from tomorrow for next two weeks; Number: er is it 6 or 7?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by AleBelly »

To the extent that it's possible, before bed Piotr will spend an hour walking through the starport, looking at ships. He's looking for pirate vessels, or others that indicate in some way a penchant for criminal activity. He'll plan to talk to the crew tomorrow to see if they have information.
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:31 am "Got'cha!" Jako says as he puts in parameters for the search, "Destination: Acadie; Passage: Working, High, Mid and Low; Time: from tomorrow for next two weeks; Number: er is it 6 or 7?"
Commercial transport from Amondiage to Acadie is available at standard rates departing daily:

High Passage 10K, up to 1ton baggage allowance
Middle Passage 8K, up to 100Kg baggage allowance (can be bumped by High Passengers)
Low Passage 1K up to 10kg baggage allowance, (oh and risk of death...)

For working passage the Heavy Freighter "Divine Intervention" has posted seeking a pilot to Acadie. See Captain Jandala, landing bay 27 with proper credentials.
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Hvalreki »

AleBelly wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:59 am To the extent that it's possible, before bed Piotr will spend an hour walking through the starport, looking at ships. He's looking for pirate vessels, or others that indicate in some way a penchant for criminal activity. He'll plan to talk to the crew tomorrow to see if they have information.
There are currently seven ships grounded.

3 x 200 ton far traders
Sally's Fortune
Petard
Sundrift

2 x 500 ton heavy freighters
Divine Intervention
Beluga

1 Yacht
Fat Chance

1 Scout/Courier
Schlappschwanz

Scouts and Yachts are notorious for opportunistic piracy and commerce raiding though there is no way to tell for sure.
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Thumper »

Thumper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:39 am Ty:

Wow! Thanks for dredging up that archived data. Acadie, Colchise, New Holm. And the crew? Did they all depart Amondiage? Can you see a crew manifest or your emigration records? We really do owe you a couple drinks tonight!

Acadie is Amondiage’s colony. I assume your banking systems work there?

Any response to these questions?
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Thumper »

Ty:

When he’s finished assessing whether the Perfect Stranger’s crew was whole upon its departure, Ty will thank the Customs agent profusely and ask where they should meet to demonstrate their appreciation for going out of his way to help.

As he walks away, he’ll retrieve his hand computer and search for the Divine Interventions intended Date & time of departure. If it’s after mid-day tomorrow, he’ll send the Capt a note inquiring about meeting him to discuss pilot working passage and availability of passage for several passengers.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:21 pm Ty:

When he’s finished assessing whether the Perfect Stranger’s crew was whole upon its departure, Ty will thank the Customs agent profusely and ask where they should meet to demonstrate their appreciation for going out of his way to help.

As he walks away, he’ll retrieve his hand computer and search for the Divine Interventions intended Date & time of departure. If it’s after mid-day tomorrow, he’ll send the Capt a note inquiring about meeting him to discuss pilot working passage and availability of passage for several passengers.
Jako has passed the info he gathered about the ships leaving for Acadie to the group and seeing what Ty is doing says, "Good idea. If Stranger left here we need to follow. We can travel on Hortense's dime, but let's see if Divine Interventions has more than just that one job opening, eh?"

OOC: Jako seems to like referring to Hortalez et Cie as Hortense at every turn. He'll only use the actual name of the megacorp when he has to do so officially. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 pm Jako has passed the info he gathered about the ships leaving for Acadie to the group and seeing what Ty is doing says, "Good idea. If Stranger left here we need to follow. We can travel on Hortense's dime, but let's see if Divine Interventions has more than just that one job opening, eh?"

OOC: Jako seems to like referring to Hortalez et Cie as Hortense at every turn. He'll only use the actual name of the megacorp when he has to do so officially. :)
Seems very fitting that "Hawaiian Elvis" former Scout named Jako is a bit of a wag :D
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:03 pm
Thumper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:39 am Ty:

Wow! Thanks for dredging up that archived data. Acadie, Colchise, New Holm. And the crew? Did they all depart Amondiage? Can you see a crew manifest or your emigration records? We really do owe you a couple drinks tonight!

Acadie is Amondiage’s colony. I assume your banking systems work there?

Any response to these questions?
"Yes, let's see, was a full load, crew and passengers, 24 I believe for that class," he sniggers as he says 24.

"Acadie? Why of course our money is good there, it's Amondiage's breadbasket!"

He quickly glances left and right then leans in to Ty, "Look just mind your manners while you're here on Amondiage. Troublemakers wind up on Acadie working the combines and there is always need for more labor, but you didn't hear that from me."
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:21 pm Ty:

Surprisingly, Ty's handcomp begins pinging moments after the message is sent. The image is somewhat obscured by a thick haze of smoke as if there is a fire burning somewhere in the cockpit.

"Dis Captain Jandala. Yuh di pilot? 'Ow soon yuh canna be ready tuh leave Amondiage?

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by Thumper »

Hvalreki wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:50 am
He quickly glances left and right then leans in to Ty, "Look just mind your manners while you're here on Amondiage. Troublemakers wind up on Acadie working the combines and there is always need for more labor, but you didn't hear that from me."
Wow, so all seven crew were aboard, including Steward…Han and the Gunner…Dubois? Again, many thanks.

Great tip. I’ll make sure to pass this to my crew mates. If you won’t go out for drinks, then…again, you have our sincere gratitude. We’ll leave you to your important duties. Good night.

————-
When far away from Customs- to Jako and Piotr… I have to take a shower now and get a drink to drown out this nasty taste!

He holds up his hand computer to allow his buds to see the Capt Jandala without being too obvious. He responds:

“Well, Hello there Captain Jandala. I can report for work after closing out some business and hitting the bank tomorrow…around mid-morning…say, 1030-1100? Could be off the ground by noon, dude.

You wanna work it, Jako? By any chance, do you have a need for any other working passage crewmembers? We have a total of 7 pax…5 of us have crew position certifications and really know our way around a ship.

Any chance we can come take a look at the bridge and talk terms? We could be there pronto…like, in a few minutes, man!
Last edited by Thumper on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by AleBelly »

Hvalreki wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:48 am
AleBelly wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:59 am To the extent that it's possible, before bed Piotr will spend an hour walking through the starport, looking at ships. He's looking for pirate vessels, or others that indicate in some way a penchant for criminal activity. He'll plan to talk to the crew tomorrow to see if they have information.
There are currently seven ships grounded.

3 x 200 ton far traders
Sally's Fortune
Petard
Sundrift

2 x 500 ton heavy freighters
Divine Intervention
Beluga

1 Yacht
Fat Chance

1 Scout/Courier
Schlappschwanz

Scouts and Yachts are notorious for opportunistic piracy and commerce raiding though there is no way to tell for sure.
Piotr makes a note to visit the Fat Chance and Schlappschwanz in the morning. Needing his rest, he heads off to bed.
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Thumper »

Piotr’s too good to fly and party with the Ganja-man?
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Thumper »

Any other ships scheduled to depart for Acadie tomorrow?
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by AleBelly »

Thumper wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:43 pm Piotr’s too good to fly and party with the Ganja-man?
Ha ha no. I thought he would have time to stop by the starport then join the others...
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:55 am
“Well, Hello there Captain Jandala. I can report for work after closing out some business and hitting the bank tomorrow…around mid-morning…say, 1030-1100? Could be off the ground by noon, dude.

You wanna work it, Jako? By any chance, do you have a need for any other working passage crewmembers? We have a total of 7 pax…5 of us have crew position certifications and really know our way around a ship.

Any chance we can come take a look at the bridge and talk terms? We could be there pronto…like, in a few minutes, man!
”Ja, mon. Bay 27, bring de Pilot.”

Currently the Divine Intervention is the only vessel departing tomorrow for Acadie. Sally’s fortune is leaving in 5 days for Acadie. The yacht and the scout haven’t posted any departure info and the other ships are headed elsewhere.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Eris »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:02 am
Thumper wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:55 am

”Ja, mon. Bay 27, bring de Pilot.”

Currently the Divine Intervention is the only vessel departing tomorrow for Acadie. Sally’s fortune is leaving in 5 days for Acadie. The yacht and the scout haven’t posted any departure info and the other ships are headed elsewhere.
"That would be me!" Jako says with a grin, "Let's go see what Divine Intervention looks like, Ty old buddy."

On the way to the ship, Jako posts to all the others, "Got a ship heading for Acadie tomorrow, only ride leaving here for there over the next 5 days. The Captain Jandala is looking for, at least, one Working Passage Crewman and maybe more, but I think has room to take us all. Ty and I are going there now to talk terms with Jandala.

Bay 27, Divine Intervention meet us there!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#59 Post by Thumper »

Ty:

Jako, you fly best when falling off the roof!!

Before walking, he taps on his computer to search “Everyone’s Guide” for passenger and cargo trade agent reviews on Divine Intervention and Jandala.

BTW, Ty would have left his cash in the Travellers Aid safe. He carrie’s 1000cr now in cash plus the company charge card.

He may want to change his mind on purchases based on what he discovers: figuring weapons and armor will be tough to purchase on planet, but suspecting the starport mall may still sell them, he does a starport market search for weapons, armor, and electronics stores…and whether they are open overnight.
Last edited by Thumper on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:58 am Ty:

Jako, you flybest when falling off the roof!!
"Thbbt! I've got my Pilot Certificate, same as you." Jako says with a wink, "Yes, you've got more experience, but I've never crashed a ship."

"Let's go see what kind of ship Divine Intervention is."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”