OOC

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#41 Post by rremedio »

Griffith asked me about halfling age/weight/size information as the book info is not very detailed. I've come up with this merging information from the Darker Dungeons book with the 2e PHB (for the four basic races):

Humans usually start adventuring between 16-25 years old.

Elves have generally the same size as humans but weight 10% less. They start adventuring between 100-200 years old.

Halflings are around 3' tall. They weight between 50-70 pounds and start adventuring between 20-30 years old.

Dwarves are a little more than 4' tall. They weight as much as a human and start adventuring between 40-70 years old.

Also, I'm copying Thirdkingdom's house rule from his nice game "In Search of Adventure": "Cost of Living. Each character has a cost of living expense, payable at the first of each game month, that covers all incidental costs, such as lodging, food, and other minor expenses. At 1st-3rd level this is equal to 50 gp/month. All characters begin play having already paid one month's cost of living expense, in addition to any starting gold they may have."
Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Griffith »

Thanks for the info!
Except for Hit Points, I think my character sheet is done.
Are we going with maximum hit points at 1st level, rremedio, or are you rolling them?
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by rremedio »

Griffith wrote:Thanks for the info!
Are we going with maximum hit points at 1st level, rremedio, or are you rolling them?
Maximum hit points for everyone. ;)
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by rremedio »

I've updated the first post in the "Characters" thread with some info on names/clans.
GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by GoblinTown »

rremedio wrote:
From the Darker Dungeons book, in the class area of character creation, it looked like HP were just a set thing per level. What hit die should I be using instead?
(maybe I just misunderstood it)
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by rremedio »

GoblinTown wrote:
rremedio wrote:
From the Darker Dungeons book, in the class area of character creation, it looked like HP were just a set thing per level. What hit die should I be using instead?
(maybe I just misunderstood it)
Yes, looking at the table it looks like that. But in the section about hit points it talks about rolls. I think the author has forgotten to change that part in the hit points description, so it's understandable if this creates some confusion.

Well, I think it's better to just use the tables and that's what we will do. So when you advance levels you'll get the hit points as described in the tables.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by zebediah »

Blackrazor, which skills are you going to take?

We already have diplomacy covered and I will be taking first aid for sure.

Let me know which ones you intend to have so there's no overlap.
GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#48 Post by GoblinTown »

Anyone know what the coin conversions are? I couldn't find them in the book when I was looking earlier.

like 1gp = xep = xsp = xcp

For my equipment I used 1gp = 10 sp, but I wasn't certain. So if that is incorrect, let me know and I will fix it.
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by rremedio »

1gp = 2ep = 10sp = 100cp
1pp = 5gp
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by rremedio »

Guys, characters are looking good. I've allowed Griffith to add pipe and tobacco to his initial equipment without additional costs. If you want something like that to add flavor to your character, something that will not make a difference in game mechanics (well, I'm not saying that you cannot get really creative and use it in an encounter, but this is not the purpose and "assets" won't be allowed) you can go on. It just have to fit your character background. It might be a gift from family or friends that your char carry, or something that he likes to have with himself for fun (like a pack of dices for gambling), etc...

Just a few notes:

@Blackrazor: on your ability scores, one of the 16s should be a 15

@Everyone: you don't need to worry about your "rear" AC. It's the same than your regular AC. The attacker might gain a +2 bonus in his attack roll, if coming from behind, but it won't change your AC (I know, in practice is the same thing then adding 2 to the AC, but I like to add this kind of modifier to the attack roll in a case by case basis).
Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Griffith »

:idea: Oh, hey!
What about languages? I've looked over both Dark and Darker Dungeons plus the Thunder Rift info and all I can find is 'a player may spend skill points on acquiring additional languages'. But no info on languages themselves. What languages are available? I won't be spending any of my skill points on language, but I was wondering as a Halfling do I know both the Halfling Language (if there is one) and Common? Same question for elves and dwarves, do they know their own languages plus Common? Is there A Thieves' Cant? Is there a language merchants use, if so my character may know how to speak it? And what about other languages of monsters and such, goblin, orc, gnoll, etc.?
Thanks!
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by rremedio »

Griffith wrote::idea: Oh, hey!
What about languages? I've looked over both Dark and Darker Dungeons plus the Thunder Rift info and all I can find is 'a player may spend skill points on acquiring additional languages'. But no info on languages themselves. What languages are available? I won't be spending any of my skill points on language, but I was wondering as a Halfling do I know both the Halfling Language (if there is one) and Common? Same question for elves and dwarves, do they know their own languages plus Common? Is there A Thieves' Cant? Is there a language merchants use, if so my character may know how to speak it? And what about other languages of monsters and such, goblin, orc, gnoll, etc.?
Thanks!
There is only one language for all humans in the Rift (the Rift is a small place) and it's known by all PCs. Demi-humans automatically know their racial language too. Skill points may be used to acquire demi-human languages the PC don't automatically know or monster languages.

You may assume that pretty much any intelligent creature of the Darker Dungeons book (except constructs) have their own language. And they are two new races: the Newts (swamp frogmen) and the Ratlings (humanoid rats) that are known to live in the Rift.

Some humanoids are able to speak common or other additional humanoid languages to their own. Lycanthropes speak common.
Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Griffith »

rremedio wrote:
Griffith wrote::idea: Oh, hey!
Thanks!
There is only one language for all humans in the Rift (the Rift is a small place) and it's known by all PCs. Demi-humans automatically know their racial language too. Skill points may be used to acquire demi-human languages the PC don't automatically know or monster languages.

You may assume that pretty much any intelligent creature of the Darker Dungeons book (except constructs) have their own language. And they are two new races: the Newts (swamp frogmen) and the Ratlings (humanoid rats) that are known to live in the Rift.

Some humanoids are able to speak common or other additional humanoid languages to their own. Lycanthropes speak common.
Thanks again!
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by rremedio »

Looks like we have two characters ready (or almost ready) and the other two are halfway there. So I'm keen to start the game next week. If you guys finish the character creation earlier, we can start earlier as well.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by zebediah »

I should get this done by the weekend!
Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Griffith »

rremedio wrote:Looks like we have two characters ready (or almost ready) and the other two are halfway there. So I'm keen to start the game next week. If you guys finish the character creation earlier, we can start earlier as well.
Looking forward to it :)
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by zebediah »

Done!
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by rremedio »

Nice! We are almost there :D
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#59 Post by zebediah »

Rremedio, could you have a look at my character sheet and tell me if I'm missing anything? I've noticed that there are several small changes on Darker Dungeons and I'd rather make sure I didn't forget anything.
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by rremedio »

I've checked all the sheets and everything looks fine to me.

Only two minor things: Heff needs to have his weapon feats listed (which I suppose are short sword and short bow) and Coldmoon AC is 5 instead of 6. Coldmoon also needs some clarification in her inventory, but Blackrazor is already working on this.

Anyway, he already have enough to get started. So I'm going to post the initial IC tonight or tomorrow ;)

Just a note about encumbrance: I was going to keep encumbrance like I always did: tracking it with great detail and changing the characters movement speed according. But I changed my mind and I'll try the Darker Dungeons rule: the movement rate will be dictated by the armor type and total encumbrance will help us to determine how many weight the characters can carry (like when they find treasures).

Return to “Darker Dungeons of Thunder Rift”