The Fellowship

wolfpack
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Fellowship

#41 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

"Bored, we took on a side quest to help a villager locate his lost friend in a 'haunted wood'. We found him, dead. Slain in the entrance if an abandoned temple ruin. Undead dwelt there and later we realised the stone we found had a baleful crotic influence. We braved the crypts and skew some cultists. We found the stone and thought it wiser to bring it under godly influence here. The bishop took to secure it and following notes in a diary sought out the location of the second stone. We travelled under a cavern system in a hill, killing all within. We defeated a demon and the 'Head' priest. With some clues to where the next stone and servant Cillian went, we came here."
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:
Stirling wrote:Saxony
"We defeated a demon and the 'Head' priest.
Nodding: I almost forgot, we have his head. Looking at the priest of Rongo: Is it possible to interrogate the remains of a cultist that we have with us?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by wolfpack »

maxim

I am able to speak with the dead,yes
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Storm11 »

Storm Yawns. If we are done here I am going to wash all the death off me and turn in. he says with a shrug. After dividing the loot the little elf puts his share in his pouches carefully.

Balasar, if you want to come by in the morning and try and learn some new magic please do so. I plan to spend the day learning some of it. Hopefully the next couple. Good day comrades. Please let me know if you find out anything from the head yes? It’s good to meet you all. Until tomorrow.

The magic-user will find a decent inn, pay for a few days up front for a room, check the chamber for secret doors and then ask for a bath, wash his robes and cloak and Request a lidded pot and some clear rags for the demon brain and the were rat skins, and once they are safely stowed he will climb into bed.

The next day after breaking his fast he will wash and dress and settle in to try and learn the spells found. Magic Missile first.

[1d100] = 65 (Success. Just)
He will copy it from the captured book into his book of spells and then make the captured book available to Balasar should he come to call at all before we leave once more.
Greys Campaign.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar will partake of the spell sharing as well after a good hot meal and a bath.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by redwarrior »

Phil suggests that someone accompany him to get the pearl appraised.
If there are no takers, Phil will head off in search of an appraiser.
GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin will go with Phil to see what the pearl is worth even though he just met him.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

To Maxim: We have the head of one of the cultists in that cloak, I feel the most important question at this time would be are they planning to merge the gems Markainus or Starlorn? Can you ask him that?
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by wolfpack »

spanningtree wrote:Ruthgar:

To Maxim: We have the head of one of the cultists in that cloak, I feel the most important question at this time would be are they planning to merge the gems Markainus or Starlorn? Can you ask him that?

The way it works, once the spell is cast I will have 1 minute to ask 2 questions. the spirit must answer truthfully however it will only know what it knew in life.

If the questions are open to interpretation it can give a truthful answer that is unhelpful. For instance the question you proposed, what if the gems are being combined not in either city itself but some specific place near one of them. the spirit could truthfully answer neither to your proposed question.

please decide exact 2 questions you would like asked and I will do this for you.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Xanthe

"Would it be better to ask if where they are going to merge the stones?"
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

Maxim gives you an hour to prepare as he prays for the spell.

Those who wish to be present may, prepare your first question and after it is answered quickly let me know the second question. you will only have 1 minute to question the spirit.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by wolfpack »

i would suggest the second question be based on the answer of the first
GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin after the pearl appraisal will be nearby if needed for the speak with the dead ceremony.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Hildr

To Maxim before he leaves to prepare, "Based on our experience with previous portals you should have the most powerful wizard you trust look it over."

Thanks for the reminder Ed, I meant to do this earlier.
GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin "That is if there is such a wizard here. We are not in Markainus anymore Hildr."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by wolfpack »

Maxim

Arcane magic is not....looked upon fondly here. we are a smaler city and there si no mage of great consequence.
GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin will add "I understand however that is what was required in Markainus. Perhaps it is a different story here. Hard for me to say, I am not that type of skilled being. I am more at skill with blades, and bow." he coughs "Among other things."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Perhaps a first question of: Is the location of the gem merging closer to Markainus or Starlorn? Followed by: Describe the location near, Markainus or Starlorn, where the gem merging happening? I feel this may be redundant though, thoughts?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rex »

Xanthe

"The first question seems reasonable, my only concern is what if they don't have both stones? Maybe we just have to assume they do since you didn't find the second one."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by wolfpack »

spanningtree wrote:Ruthgar:

Perhaps a first question of: Is the location of the gem merging closer to Markainus or Starlorn?

maxim this seems a reasonable starting point

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”