Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

#381 Post by Marullus »

It comes from everything BUT treasure. So, 2,060 item XP per PC.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Marullus »

No.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Zhym »

That’s 4120 to your PC, and a separate 2060 to apply to items. See the house rules...somewhere.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

We had the blue tormentil flowers, smoked weaseljay meat and now a couple of ancient, serviceable boats. (Are the boats worth anything? To the sage or as a monument to our party, perhaps? Maybe as part of a share for Halle and Berra? ) I cannot think of anything else.

Winnie will do Bard duties for the group, so we should get a bit more XP, unless something goes terribly wrong.

Also, was Malenor out on his own adventure for real and just happened on us, or was that just a way to get a character into the action sooner? Just curious, because I haven't seen you just add folks midway into an adventure and it seems so unlikely or paths would cross out there in the wilds.

Edit: we got to Gaul on 9 Aug, but advance 10 days to the current time stamp. 10 days of room and board to pay...
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Zhym »

I guess that's the problem with being non-murdery murder hobos: without the murder, you live more like hobos.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#389 Post by Alethan »

The three women behind the table bristle, the room suddenly full of manifold hissing of many, many snakes.
What???

Willow appears distracted after her reading, but is suddenly brought out of it by the torrid sounds of hissing snakes. Before she can say anything, though, they are ushered out of the room and they load up into their ancient boats to head back to Gaul...

Once in Gaul, she works on a project outside of the gates of Gaul, near Bianca's berry patch, and then makes her way to the Coven at Beith's Watch.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:We had the blue tormentil flowers, smoked weaseljay meat and now a couple of ancient, serviceable boats. (Are the boats worth anything? To the sage or as a monument to our party, perhaps? Maybe as part of a share for Halle and Berra? ) I cannot think of anything else.
I have no records of you finding Tormentil.

You do have portions of Bug-Bear meat. They count as fresh rations and will spoil in-town. Since Grizzly Woman has time and skills to be a Butcher, she can preserve them into jerky if you give them to her and turn them into preserved rations.

I intended for the boat to be derelict by the time you get back; even a derelict barge is valuable to those without one.

The Frogmorton Guardsmen show interest in the derelict barge. They offer you 1,000gp for it, so they can refurbish it and use it in ferrying across the ford, now that traffic to the east is increasing. This grants 125gp to each character (including the full-share NPCs).
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Winnie will do Bard duties for the group, so we should get a bit more XP, unless something goes terribly wrong.
Winnie Tale Telling [1d20] = 20
Regrettably, Winnie's tale of pacifistic witchery will be ill-received by the populace. Please write it up accordingly (as it can still be referenced by other PCs)....
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Also, was Malenor out on his own adventure for real and just happened on us, or was that just a way to get a character into the action sooner? Just curious, because I haven't seen you just add folks midway into an adventure and it seems so unlikely or paths would cross out there in the wilds.
It's the second time I've done it, actually. Yes, I was inserting him to get him back into play because no expeditions were expected to return for at least a RL month. If there's nobody in town able to make a new expedition and nobody is coming home I do consider this.
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Edit: we got to Gaul on 9 Aug, but advance 10 days to the current time stamp. 10 days of room and board to pay...
Correct!

...and lastly....

Halla morale [2d6] = 11 berra [2d6] = 2

Halla is disgusted with the group. "didn't you all see the obvious ensorcelling of that food? You women are all... ugh." Berra, however, is very excited by the success of the outing, and their new friends in the tower! She is happy to continue on with the party members on their next adventure without Halla. With a roll of 2, she converts to Beith and becomes a Ranger.

For the PCs: (advancing to 19 August)
If your INT is 8 or less, you remain charmed by the Fates of the Tower.
If your INT is 9-12, you may roll one new savings throw [1d20] on your private forum.
If your INT is 13+, you overcame the charm sometime before 19 August. (I'll just count 11 retries as a "yes.")
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Zhym »

Marullus wrote:The Frogmorton Guardsmen show interest in the derelict barge. They offer you 1,000gp for it, so they can refurbish it and use it in ferrying across the ford, now that traffic to the east is increasing. This grants 125gp to each character (including the full-share NPCs).
Woot! Clint is rich!

Er, I mean, some widows and orphans will gain much-needed comfort with Clint's donation to the church. Yes.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

viewtopic.php?f=353&t=7222&start=20#p351268
Marullus wrote:Bianca searches the surrounding area and finds a small patch of blue tormentil flowers growing.

(they can heal [1d3], or you can turn them to Potions of healing with equipment [1d6+1], or the crone in town can make a potion of extra healing [3d6+3].)
Date: 03 August 2021, 12:40pm

Marullus wrote:The Frogmorton Guardsmen show interest in the derelict barge. They offer you 1,000gp for it, so they can refurbish it and use it in ferrying across the ford, now that traffic to the east is increasing. This grants 125gp to each character (including the full-share NPCs).

That's wicked generous. Thanks.

Marullus wrote:Winnie Tale Telling [1d20] = 20
Regrettably, Winnie's tale of pacifistic witchery will be ill-received by the populace. Please write it up accordingly (as it can still be referenced by other PCs)....

Ouch. I'll see how bad I can make it! :D
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by Marullus »

Ahhh, thanks!

You also have one dose of blue tormentil flowers.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus wrote:Ahhh, thanks!

You also have one dose of blue tormentil flowers.
Hey Mr. Candyman, what's the street value of them flowers? Someone could but then as part of their share, perhaps.

Of note: probs of extra healing are available to Beithers at the Meeting House/Beith's Watch. So for Vassar Clements, the druid.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Witchwood

#395 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca
Aug 9-19

Once in Gual, Bianca will hand over the Owlbear meat (16) and the ration of Honey (1) to Grizzle Woman for preservation. She will trust that she will divide it out fairly to the party members and hold her share until she returns. She then makes sure to hand back everyone's backpacks and goods from Daystar before she accompanies Bara to Beith's Watch With Willow and Winnie? where she will personally Sponsor her when she petitions to join the order of rangers. Bianca will make sure to vouch for all the work she did on their trek north and for her character.

That done she will continue north to the Witch Wood where she will donate the Blue Tormentil Flowers (1) to the grove, hoping they can spread some of the seeds and allow the flowers to begin growing wild to help the Sisterhood in the future. She will stay there and meditate/heal for the following days until Aug. 8th, when she will return to Beith's Watch to see if Bara And anyone else interested in adventuring would want to come with her to Gaul to see what they could do in Beith's name.

Bianca will accompany Clay in his exploration northward.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Though my character is fine with that, it isn't fair for Bianca to make off with the flowers without compensating the rest of the party, as it is technically group treasure.

Though I'm sad to split it to characters, I'm also super happy to have Bianca join Clay! :)
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Marullus »

Well, it can be turned into a potion of extra healing, which is worth three regular healing potions, which we can assume means a value of 150gp. That would be 18.75gp each. If Bianca intends to pay everyone, she needs to subtract 131.25gp and increase everyone else's share 18.75gp.

Or, treat it as a magic item and divide it by lots. Or agree as a group to give it to the group leader. Or something else.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Zhym »

I'd probably value it at 200 gp, since you can gulp a potion of extra healing in one swig. OTOH, you can't sip it (AFAIK), so maybe it's not worth as much.

Anyway, to simplify things, I'm personally fine giving Bianca the flowers as her share and having everyone else split the 1000—which comes to a nice, even 142.8571428571 gp per person. Blech. Okay, so everyone gets 142 gp and Bianca gets the flowers and 6 gp?

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”