[Closed] - Loot, Loot, and Treasure!

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Loot, Loot, and Treasure!

#381 Post by KingOfCowards »

I believe there is also a ruby ring off of Quirin's body.
Does anybody want the staff?
The spellbook is probably worth some money, once Abi has made use of it.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, you're right--sorry to have forgotten that.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Keehnelf »

You get a 10% bonus if you have sufficiently high prime reqs. It isn't given as a group.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#384 Post by Spartakos »

hedgeknight wrote: Dividing the coin among the five of us, gives each 2 platinum and 80 gold...if my math is correct.
Krysta is not really interested in any of the other items.
Your math is correct; but that doesn't take into account the cloak, staff, or spellbook. Typical treasure-splitting procedure (in other ventures) has been to offset magic/special items with extra gold.

I think this is the first spellbook taken so far in the campaign...do we want to just let Abi copy what she wants out of it, and then sell it and divide the proceeds? Is there even a place to sell spellbooks (aside from selling it to another PC, which might be an option)?

Leaving the spellbook out of it for a moment, I would then suggest:

Parcel A: Elven Cloak, 2 pp
Parcel B: Mysterious staff (use unknown), 2 pp and 10 gp
Parcel C (3 available): 2 pp and 130 gp each

Those amounts are open to negotiation; it's hard to gauge the value of the staff without knowing what it does, whereas the cloak is a known quantity (and pretty darn useful, IMO).
Galen is going to take the staff to the church and see if the priests there can tell us anything about it.

I don't know who wants the wolf pelts; Bertram?
Galen plans to copy the hobgoblin data/map, and then we can see if the duke will pony up any cash for them.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Zhym »

FWIW - The Wendall got a spellbook near the beginning of the campaign. IIRC, it was valued around 900 gp, but he didn't have any easy way to sell it. No PC had that kind of money, and there wasn't anywhere in town to sell it. Even copying spells out of the book was a difficult proposition without read magic.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by Spartakos »

Thanks for the input, Zhym. :)
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#387 Post by GTan_Baq »

KingOfCowards wrote:I believe there is also a ruby ring off of Quirin's body.
Does anybody want the staff?
The spellbook is probably worth some money, once Abi has made use of it.
Abi is interested in the staff and would like to copy the spells from Quirin's spellbook. She already knows Read Magic.
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by hedgeknight »

Krysta will take the elven cloak for 2 platinum...if the group agrees.
Winter is coming...
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#389 Post by Spartakos »

hedgeknight wrote:Krysta will take the elven cloak for 2 platinum...if the group agrees.
Um...no? :)

My proposal was that whoever takes the cloak only gets 2 pp, whereas people who get no magic get 2 pp and 130 gp. The cloak's honestly worth more than 130 gp in my opinion, but most groups like to see that everybody gets at least a little coin.

If the party doesn't feel the cloak is worth 130 gp, okay...but Galen's willing to give up a lot more than 2 pp of his share to get it. My guess is we'll end up dicing for who gets the cloak, regardless of how much money comes with it.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by hedgeknight »

My bad, I misunderstood your original proposal. Hopefully some of the others will weigh in, although I think GTan has already chosen an item.
Winter is coming...
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#391 Post by KingOfCowards »

The cloak is definitely nice, but I will let the others dice for it.
If the group would allow it, I would like to hold on to Quirin's ring. I sort of feel that Bertram or Abi should get it because we were around when it was initially acquired. But that is just sentimental, if someone else really wants it, we can make arrangements.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#392 Post by Spartakos »

I'd planned to sell the ring and divvy the proceeds, but I'm theoretically okay with Bertram or Abi getting it; it is worth a fair chunk of cash, though (250 gp, right?)...would you be okay with it being a substantial part of your share?

If so, that'd be:

A = Ruby Ring, 2 pp
B = Elven Cloak, 2 pp
C = Rowan Staff, 2 pp, 20 gp
D = 2 pp, 190 gp
E = 2 pp, 190 gp

If we can find anything out about the staff that makes it useful, I'd treat it the same as A and B (just the platinum) and split that gold between the two cash shares.

Looks like Abi and Krysta are both interested in the cloak, and Bertram is interested in the ring. Galen is somewhat interested in the staff, but could really use the cash. Buryl will get cash.
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#393 Post by GTan_Baq »

Spartakos wrote:I'd planned to sell the ring and divvy the proceeds, but I'm theoretically okay with Bertram or Abi getting it; it is worth a fair chunk of cash, though (250 gp, right?)...would you be okay with it being a substantial part of your share?

If so, that'd be:

A = Ruby Ring, 2 pp
B = Elven Cloak, 2 pp
C = Rowan Staff, 2 pp, 20 gp
D = 2 pp, 190 gp
E = 2 pp, 190 gp

If we can find anything out about the staff that makes it useful, I'd treat it the same as A and B (just the platinum) and split that gold between the two cash shares.

Looks like Abi and Krysta are both interested in the cloak, and Bertram is interested in the ring. Galen is somewhat interested in the staff, but could really use the cash. Buryl will get cash.
Abi is interested in the staff...not the cloak. If she doesn't win the staff, a cash lot is her second choice.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#394 Post by Spartakos »

Krysta takes the cloak
Abi the staff
Bertram the ring
Galen and Buryl most of the cash
Everybody okay with this split? Abi to be given custody of the spellbook, but with the understanding that when she has studied it, it will be sold and the proceeds divided among the 5 of us.
Last edited by Spartakos on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by hedgeknight »

Works for me > thanks for trying to put all of this together Spartakos!
Winter is coming...
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#396 Post by Spartakos »

Spartakos wrote: Krysta takes the cloak
Abi the staff
Bertram the ring
Everybody okay with this split? Abi to be given custody of the spellbook, but with the understanding that when she has studied it, it will be sold and the proceeds divided among the 5 of us.

(I accidentally edited my prior post, rather than posting this...still have no idea how I did that, but then, I am a little drunk right now.)
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by GTan_Baq »

Spartakos wrote:
Abi the staff
Bertram the ring

(I accidentally edited my prior post, rather than posting this...still have no idea how I did that, but then, I am a little drunk right now.)
Abi is ok with the split but she will need 2 days down time uninterrupted to copy "charm person" but since we already left on an expedition, copying that spell will have to wait.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#398 Post by KingOfCowards »

Spartakos wrote:
Abi the staff
Bertram the ring

I already added it. So I am good. Could Abi do some of the studying while we camp in the field, or does she need uninterrupted workspace?
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#399 Post by GTan_Baq »

KingOfCowards wrote:... Could Abi do some of the studying while we camp in the field, or does she need uninterrupted workspace?
The inscribing needs to be uninterrupted. It's not something I can do in the field. Sorry. Besides, the only spell in that book I want is charm person. ESP has its uses but I think it would be wasting space in my spell book. In the end, I will have to wait until we return to Vaul to copy that spell. Hopefully, I will have the cash to do so by then. 8-)

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#400 Post by KingOfCowards »

Cash has been hard to come by for this group.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”