Ch. 3: Back into the Tomb

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Ch. 3: Back into the Tomb

#361 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "I am counting on your assistance Xale. I was hoping Worren might have some magic energy left in him of the elemental fire type. If this does not work perhaps you could find a way to get me loose before I parish in this god forsaken dungeon?"

Abrex prepares himself for what will be an unpleasant ordeal either way. Hoping for fiery pain or the anguish of a gruesome starvation death. He holds out hope his friends will find a way to figure a way out of this mess.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by zebediah »

Zoster casts Flame Blade and tries to cut through the web with it.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by ybn1197 »

Cwreando wrote:Abrex says, "I am counting on your assistance Xale. I was hoping Worren might have some magic energy left in him of the elemental fire type. If this does not work perhaps you could find a way to get me loose before I parish in this god forsaken dungeon?"

Abrex prepares himself for what will be an unpleasant ordeal either way. Hoping for fiery pain or the anguish of a gruesome starvation death. He holds out hope his friends will find a way to figure a way out of this mess.
Unfortunately, the only spell of magical flame that I have in my retinue is Fireball, and I fear that may be far too much for you. I can, however, alleviate some of the flame by way of a flame resistant spell. With that, Worren cast Resist Fire on Abrex.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa the Fair

The half-orc backs far away when she hears talk of fireballs. She moves to around a corner and hopes for the best.
If this doesn't work, someone has a potion of gaseous form. Perhaps Abrex could get out that way.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Zhym »

You discuss ways to free Abrex from the webs. The magic users start talking about fireballs. Worren conjures a spell of protection to ward Abrex against fire. Most of the party start backing away...

Amid this discussion, Zoster says nothing. The druid simply steps forward, says a few words over a sprig of mistletoe, and a tongue of flame springs from his fist like the blade of a sword! The magical fire easily cuts through the webs. In a matter of moments, the webs are gone and Abrex is freed. Those who had been edging backward step forward again.

Stairs lead down, beckoning you onward. On the third step, you see a mace bound in silver.

Actions?
Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 11.22.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 11.22.29 PM.png (81.89 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Status: Abrex (R9/MU11): 103/103; Eduardo (F10): 84/84; Mason (Mk10): 40/56; Elsa (F10): 58/58; Malibran (C10): 64/68; Zoster (F9/D12): 75/76; Xale (F8/C8): 54/54; Worren (C9/MU11): 53/53
Spells in effect: Find Traps (Xale): expired
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#366 Post by Nuke66 »

Mason again takes the lead, looking for traps. standard protocol, looking the pressure plates and trip wires.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Eduardo bends down to examine the Mace. "I am trained in the use of a mace. Do you think this one is magical?" he picks it up to see if it "feels" magical, the way his javelins of lightning do with their faint electrical humming.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by max_vale »

Xale speaks up; "I have a dweamor which can determine if its magical or not"; Xale offers to his companion....
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#369 Post by Cwreando »

"Don't pick it up, says Abrex a bit too late. There might have been a trap on it. Abrex turns to the druid. My thanks kind sir. I owe you a favor should you ever need one."

Abrex follows Mason down the stairs staying clear of any webs as he continues. His thought turn to his trusty companions Ula and hopes she is safe and able to return to him. He checks his backpack to see if Lucky is still safely tucked away.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Zhym »

Mason takes the lead, proceeding forward while checking for traps.

Eduardo follows, bending down to pick up the mace. "Do you think this one is magical?" he wonders aloud. He reaches down to pick up the mace.

"Don't pick it up!" says Abrex, realizing that the mace might have been trapped. His warning comes a moment too late. Eduardo has already picked up the mace, which now glows with a bright golden light!

Abrex continues on, following Mason down the stairs while worrying about Ula. He tries not to think about the things that might happen to a panicked animal in this place. He checks on Lucky, who is still safely tucked away.

The stairs open into a 20x20 room filled with rotting and decaying furnishings that were once most costly. In the center of the room, on a solid gold couch, a horrifying figure slowly rises. It is wrapped in tattered linen. On its exposed skeletal head rests a bejewelled crown. A booming voice from the whole of the chamber demands:

"WHO DARES TO DISTURB THE REST OF ACERERAK? IT IS YOUR DEATH YOU HAVE FOUND!"
ToH 18.png
ToH 18.png (278.17 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Actions!
Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 12.13.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 12.13.54 PM.png (117.44 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Status: Abrex (R9/MU11): 103/103; Eduardo (F10): 84/84; Mason (Mk10): 40/56; Elsa (F10): 58/58; Malibran (C10): 64/68; Zoster (F9/D12): 75/76; Xale (F8/C8): 54/54; Worren (C9/MU11): 53/53
Spells in effect: None
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa the fighter, fourth or fifth in the marching order, hears the doomful words of Acerak. She twists and activates her Ring of Invisibility and slips into the right of the room, quickly moving with Boots of Speed around to the back of the undead, readying to strike with sword and shield.
Not sure if can attack this round, if so let me know if rolls are needed. Hoping to get surprise and/or rear attack bomus.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran whispers a silent prayer as he braces for the battle to come with the fiend before him.

"By the gods!"

Malibran will attempt to limit the spell casting ability of the demi-lich with a silence spell. He casts Silence - 15' radius centered on the lich's location.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#373 Post by Cwreando »

If Abrex can tell the spell is a silence spell he backs up a bit to stay out of range. Abrex cast protection from evil 10' R on Mason.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Zhym »

Grognardsw: The path into the room is currently occupied by three party members. If Elsa wants to try to get into the room, please roll a d20 to see what happens with Elsa's shield of Poof-it's-Gone, as described here.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:Grognardsw: The path into the room is currently occupied by three party members. If Elsa wants to try to get into the room, please roll a d20 to see what happens with Elsa's shield of Poof-it's-Gone, as described here.
Elsa will activate her ring of invisibility and crouch defensively waiting for those in front of her to enter the room.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#376 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex steps to the side to allow others to pass by since he can't cast spells if he is silenced. He moves back enough to be able to cast.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by max_vale »

Xale is unsure of the entire situation....it seems somehow...wrong. Nonthless, he attempts to Turn the Undead-looking creature in front of him; holding out his holy symbol and calling on the power of Dalt....

OOC: Is this a role you want me to make?
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by ybn1197 »

Almost simultaneously with Xale, Worren draws forth his holy symbol and begins to call forth the power of his god.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by Zhym »

I'm going to allow a little more time for moves for Mason and Eduardo (since they're in the front line) before updating.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#380 Post by zebediah »

Zoster casts Summon Fire Elemental.

Zhym, should I roll to see what type of elemental is summoned?

Return to “Party 1”