[Completed] - Bertram/Dwarven Ruins II - 19 April, 1 VC

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Expedition - Bertram/Dwarven Ruins II - 19 April, 1 VC

#341 Post by KingOfCowards »

Bertram finishes his charge and makes his way towards the hobgoblin captains.
Attack with Sword: [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12, Damage: [1d8+2] = 2+2 = 4
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#342 Post by Dogma »

Still somewhat frazzled by his brush with death, somehow Martin still gathers himself enough to heft his shield, firmly grip his mace, and charge into the melee!"For the Light! For Justice!" he cries.

He will take a swing at whatever foe he can reachMace to hit: [1d20] = 17, damage[1d6] = 1
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by hedgeknight »

Yeah, Martin! Kick some hobgob ass!!
Winter is coming...
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#344 Post by Mister-Kent »

Emboldened by charging alongside Bertram, Constance attack's Bertram's target with a wild swing of her green faerie-blade.

Sword: [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5[1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

EDIT: Oh, and if we're not close enough to melee, here's a dart attack: Dart: [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 Damage: [1d4] = 2
Last edited by Mister-Kent on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#345 Post by Spartakos »

Marullus wrote:Potion still dribbling from his lips, Bromric leaps to his feet, pushing away from Martin Galen.
Just sayin'. :)

Astonished at Bromric's vitality, Galen rises, hefting his own mace, and runs to join his comrades in battling the foe.

Pretty sure we're too far away to actually fight this round, but just in case...
Attack with mace: [1d20] = 6, damage: [1d6] = 1
...it doesn't matter anyway. :)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Keehnelf »

The party continues its advance on the now-crumbling enemy forces. Ulf's hammer throw shatters the skull of the last gnoll standing, tossing the body aside like a rag-doll as the hammer swerves to make its return flight. Bromric's wild charge also results in another death, as he skewers one of the hobgoblins and then his companions approach and finish him off as he turns to flee. The last remaining hobgoblin drops his weapon, throws his hands into the air and calls out "I yield--I yield!"
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Marullus »

Bromric rips the serrated blade from the body, and heart, of his foe, its edge tearing open a gaping hole in the sternum as the body falls limp to the ground. As the last hobgoblin drops his weapon, Bromric's face contorts into a cruel, cold smile. He raises the black blade again, attempting fierce downcut at the weaponless creature.

Attack! [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6, damage [1d8+4] = 5+4 = 9
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by KingOfCowards »

"Stop! Stop!", Bertram yells. "Their leaders may know valuable information."

Assuming that a hit roll is not required to slay a defenseless hobgoblin, he may very well be too late. But I thought it worth a try.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Zhym »

Ulf rushes forward and restrains the hobgoblin, tying its hands tightly together and binding its feet with enough room for it to walk but not easily run away.

"No need to kill him." he says. "We're not far from town now. Perhaps the archduke's men would appreciate being able to question him."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by hedgeknight »

Seeing the battle is over, Krysta calls out, "If you are wounded come to me. I have a healing scroll."
She begins to dig through her pack for the scrollcase.
Winter is coming...
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Keehnelf »

Ulf rushes forward and throws the hobgoblin to the ground just as Bromric's blade comes slashing through the air where its head had been just a moment before. Ulf gets a gust of hot breath from the other dwarf and feels his skin begin almost to bake with the brief contact. Something is going on with Bromric--apart from his sudden bloodlust, anyway. His breath is almost hot enough to cause shimmers in the air as his chest heaves excitedly. His bulging eyes are rolling about as Ulf restrains the limp hobgoblin and ties his limbs.

The lone surviving gnoll lies nearby, slumbering peacefully as blood oozes from the injury to one of its eyes.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Zhym »

Ulf looks at Bromric with an expression of puzzlement and concern. "What's got you all hot and bothered?" he asks.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#353 Post by Mister-Kent »

"Oh he'll be fine! He just needs to work off some pent-up energy," Constance interjects, sounding hopeful yet not totally confident.

She finds her walking stick in the grass and picks it up once more, then stands over the slumbering gnoll, her green blade to its throat."What about this one?" the old woman asks the group.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Starbeard »

Seadu slowly awakens, the throbbing in his head keeping him from wanting to open his eyes. Once he remembers where he is he cautiously paws at the painful wound in his chest, surprised to find himself rudely bandaged. He can hear familiar voices nearby, and attempts to gain their attention with a strained mutter before lapsing back into semi-consciousness.

OOC: As Seadu has been stabilized, now that the combat's over he can be brought back into action with a healing spell or sip of the brew, yes?
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#355 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Mokatah quickly runs back to his dropped crossbow and loads a bolt aiming it at the back of the Hobgoblin while standing about 20ft away. "If you can understand me goblin know this, I won't kill you if you run, I'll shoot you in the leg and let me dog nibble on your face for a bit." without turning around he continues, "What are we going to do with the gnoll? I vote for killing it, less trouble than keeping it alive"
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Zhym »

"It's as easy to take two prisoners as one," says Ulf, "and a grunt might be willing to talk where an officer would not."
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#357 Post by Dogma »

As the last hobgoblin yields, Martin lets his shield and mace slump to the ground, a weariness fills his body as the energy of combat fades away. "We can't just kill a creature in cold blood, even if it wouldn't show us the same consideration. I say we bind it and take it back to town. Let the town guard worry about what to do with it. Who knows, they may get some useful information."
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Keehnelf »

Starbeard wrote:Seadu slowly awakens, the throbbing in his head keeping him from wanting to open his eyes. Once he remembers where he is he cautiously paws at the painful wound in his chest, surprised to find himself rudely bandaged. He can hear familiar voices nearby, and attempts to gain their attention with a strained mutter before lapsing back into semi-consciousness.

OOC: As Seadu has been stabilized, now that the combat's over he can be brought back into action with a healing spell or sip of the brew, yes?
Two sips to get him back to 1 HP if he plans to be up in less than a few hours, yes.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#359 Post by Spartakos »

Dogma wrote:"We can't just kill a creature in cold blood, even if it wouldn't show us the same consideration."
Galen gives his fellow cleric a puzzled look as he trots up to join the rest of the group. "Certainly we can...the creature's life was forfeit when it loosed arrows against us. It's a foe, not an innocent. The charmed sleep just allowed us to slay it more easily; magic is a weapon, sure as this mace." He hefts the weapon meaningfully.

"Personally, I think one prisoner is sufficient...besides, I'd as lief take a grizzly bear prisoner as a beast-man like that. Still, I'll go with our leader's judgment."
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Starbeard »

How close are we to town, everyone? Obviously Seadu has little say in what happens to him at this point, so I don't mind whether someone decides to give him some of his brew, or decides that he's better off being tossed onto his mule and taking the chance that there won't be any more encounters before we can get back to town & rest.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”