Ch. 6: One More Time Around

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 6: One More Time Around

#341 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak stares with furrowed brow. Wud he sayn?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Zhym »

Moving this forward past the pit:

For lack of a better immediate option, Urdak and Skarlos lower McCloud into the pit. He carefully walks around the spikes to the other side of the pit, tosses the grapnel at the end of his rope up to the ledge, and climbs the rope to the opposite side of the pit.

Skarlos lowers Urdak into the pit, then carefully lowers himself. They cross the pit without incident and climb up the rope to join Skarlos on the other side.

You are now across that pit. Where to next?
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 2.04.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 2.04.08 PM.png (357.89 KiB) Viewed 810 times
-----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 14/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
Effects: None
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will continue to just short of the intersection square. Then he will make a short jump to the north passage square and then jump from there to the first square on the western passage avoiding the middle floor square. "I think McMemory serves me well and hidden spikes lie beneath" McCloud will say spitting on the intersection square. He will lead the way up the stairs and wait behind the curtains to the shaking room. Now was it a secret door or just a normal portal.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#344 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos follows McCloud.

"I certainly don't remember avoiding that area before, are you sure?"

Thinking safety first he carries out the same actions.

"So we can get back to the evil chapel and try the misty arch or one of the passages from the hall of orbs. Which are we doing?"
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak follows in kind.
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Stirling »

"Sure Quinn fell into one of these pit traps, thought it might be here and at the end of one of these passageways somewhere is a door with a spear trap. Not sure which direction, didn't you open it? I had a rough hand made parchment scrapbook map with me of things done so far but I'm afraid it got singed in my sporran along with a few other things". McCloud scratches under the remnants of his kilt. "The chapel did look a great place to rest but Skiiratch got zapped form the altar there and his bagpuss, well he didn't take too kindly to me blowing him up either as for the others"...McCloud grimaces and gesticulates little bugs and creeping things eating him from the inside out. "Perhaps we missed something in that gargoyle room, at least the hall of spheres offers hidden routes, better than a misty hallway, Bindle stepped through and vanished. Still maybe your God will favour you with this 'act of faith' if you step through. I'm all out of faith, and magic....but not gold!"to lighten the mood McCloud will jingle the treasure sack and stick the crown on his head.
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will walk up to the entrance to the shaking room and listen for anything. What can he see into the room?
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by tkrexx »

Any chancen sommun gotn somen healing? Ae'm feelin' woozy. Urdak seems to just now notice his wounds.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Zhym »

You stagger back to the bouncing room. Peering through the secret door that you took out of this room, you see a floor covered in clutter. There are also two piles of ashes. Half a dozen trunks and about two dozen coffers lie among the general chaos.

Actions?
Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 10.56.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 10.56.42 PM.png (171.51 KiB) Viewed 755 times
-----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 14/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#350 Post by saalaria »

"Those ashes were there before weren't they? They haven't moved have they?"
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak scratches his beard, an even more confused expression on his face. Uhhhmmmnnn, Ae don' 'membern.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#352 Post by saalaria »

"I see what you mean about healing Urdak...hold still."

Skarlos takes a knee, takes the dwarf's arm and bends his head and intones the words for a healing spell:

Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 1

Oh!
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by tkrexx »

Mmph! The Dwarf grunts, grins and flexes his massive biceps. Yeh, feeln lots bettern now!
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will survey the room from behind the secret door. "Certain there were no ashes before. You would think an unseen servant at least would sweep the place up. I doubt the ashen remains are of those two pesky snakes, perhaps something or ...someone else!" McCloud thinks of lost comrades.

Can he see any footprints in the ash pile? Does it appear neatly swept together or they are burned remains left where they got frazzled?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Zhym »

Thanks to Skarlos's healing spell, the battered and fried dwarf* feels much better.

Looking at the room ahead, you wonder about the ashes. They lay in a thin layer near the walls where the curtains used to be. You realize that the ashes are merely the remains of the green slimes you burned away.

* Battered and fried dwarf: a delicacy among some of the evil races.
-----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 15/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#356 Post by saalaria »

"Ok - let's continue."

Skarlos moves through to check out the hall with the long pit.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Zhym »

You quickly cross through the bouncing room before it starts bouncing. The asps that had been near the door seem to have found another place to be. You reach the 30' long spiked pit. How will you cross? -----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 15/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Stirling »

McCloud, will run through the chaotic room. At the long pit he will stop and study the wall on the north side. "If I remember correct I scaled the wall as 'McSpider' and hammered in a rope to secure everyone across. Is the rope still there?"
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Zhym »

To make things easier, let's say the rope is still there and you can use it to cross safely.

You use the makeshift rope bridge to cross the long pit. From there, you easily make your way through the laboratory and to the secret door in the pit. Where to next?

As a refresher, here's the map of the dungeon with unexplored passages and possible portals marked:
Tomb Map.jpg
Tomb Map.jpg (98.53 KiB) Viewed 681 times
  1. Unexplored passage
  2. Misty arch
  3. Misty arch
  4. Unexplored passage
  5. Stair ending nowhere?
  6. Green face
  7. Door in attacking sword room
  8. Green face
-----
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by tkrexx »

We needn t'get outn heern aforn we all getn dead, the Dwarf reminds.

Return to “Party 2”