Bogtown: Favours

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Bogtown: Favours

#341 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

I will use my CLW's on the most wounded, character players over npc's.

Golgarth casts Cure light wounds [1d8]=6

I am in esteemed company. The Duke himself and knightly bodyguard. Can I assume this is Sheriff Longstaff, the guard announced as we also were heralded in to the Masquerade.

I will report whatever is neccessary, leaving out any Renata and gang stuff, not mentioning the Torcs. So covering from learning about Elder Barraclough, helping restore order to the Silvanus Embassy in Bogtown then getting wind of a cult plan here at the Temple.

Golgarth: Charisma check vs 9 [4d6]=7

I will keep it short but big up the testimony of comrades, speaking of their bravery and in the case of Johka, his sacrifice and devotion to civic duty.

Golgarth: Charisma check vs 9 [4d6]=8

I am fine drawing the expedition to a close if there is no more specific favours left. I am fine leaving the investigation into the infiltration of Silvanus priesthood to wiser heads and the Sheriff or local bishops and Duke to sort out.

I do have an ongoing concern over the Brigandine associating with Werewolves mind. I will check no one was bitten!

Once any obligations are complete, I guess we may aim to stay in the Citadel a day or two then head back to Helix

updated sheet with xp.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#342 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Updated XP for Dalin no level up but he is within 400 xp or less of level 4.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Spearmint »

Updated XP for Dalin no level up but he is within 400 xp or less of level 4.
Dalin Silverhand: Thief L3: 7947/8001 +10%prb
This is my public record. I edit after every award including Campaign anniversary and Birthday's bonuses.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#344 Post by Hvalreki »

Gunter

Picking up on Golgarth's cues, Gunter omits any mention of Renata or her clan and the torcs. He focuses instead on how their search for the missing Elder turned into uncovering the Impurax cult in Bogtown and their efforts to root it out and learned of it's tendrils in the city. Not sure who they could trust in Ironguard, they decided to infiltrate the party and when they recognized the Duke's peril they acted.

Hoping maybe there is a reward in all this somewhere, (he doesn't bring it up or ask for one), he plans to accompany Golgarth back to Helix and maybe a more profitable line of work than rooting out evil cults.
XP Updated 3,854/4001 Next Level

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Spearmint »

3904/4001 no prb.

XP Updated 3,854/4001 Next Level
You are fifty short somewhere.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#346 Post by Hvalreki »

I'm really 97 short :D I'll take the 50 however - updated.

GreyWolfVT

#347 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin knows well to not mention Renata in any of his accounts or recounting of the recent adventures. Unless it is to the Druid taking care of the treeman or mantree. He will be sure to relay what was uncovered in the recent adventures to the Druid since he is one of Renata's contacts/friends. He will see how the man turned tree is doing while there as well and see what he might be able to do to aid him.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Spearmint »

Favours:

Concludes in Ironguard:

June 26th 1066.

Bringing everything to a conclusion. Several Impurax acolytes, of High or Forest elven heritage and alarmingly, of dark skinned Drow; lie dead. Slain as they took on cultic features as Vulturine faced devotees to a cult focussed on atrophy, pestilence and chaos. Chaos at least the lasting result of their attempt to infiltrate the Silvanus Temple and religious heirachy in order to sway Ironguard merchants and the Duke to their ignoble cause. The High Priest of their confession taking flight, literally as his scheme unravels. Several guards, afflicted by the Impurax taint lie dead also, as do a number of merchant men, turned under cultic coercion to attack the Duke.

Despite having a majority of the resident elves, clerics, martial staff, stewards; once the scheme is exposed and the Duke can enter the Colonnade, he can simply by overwhelming numbers if unaffected guests (thanks to the Silvered Torcs) take control of the situation.

The festivities end with a temporary lockdown of the facility.

Below in the lower crypt, a troop of prisoner elves, those known as Inquisitors are being restrained by cult guards. The tables get turned upon them very quickly once the game is up. Several cultists flee the scene, including the Inquisitor General.

Silvanus generally has an elected eldership to lead them rather than appointed Bishops. Duke Kell infringes upon the elven customs by reaching out to appoint an elder Patriach himself so that the faith becomes subject to his authority rather than having a degree of autonomy.

Of Renata and wolves, they have raided certain offices, wreaking some personal revenge upon the Temple, possibly in retribution towards the anti-lycan focus. You don't believe she herself is a were-creature but certainly has them among her cohort, including her second, Raistlyn. Possibly they have retreated back to their abandoned mining camp?

In the immediate aftermath, those characters are housed as guests while investigations and reports are taken. Whilst not 'house arrest', you are required to not to leave the Citadel until given leave.

July 3rd 1066

Dalin, Gunter, Golgarth, Sidkrake & Froed are released from 'civic duties' and you can return to a settlement of choice, Bogtown or Helix.

Sidkrake will go back to Helix and mercenary guild activity.

Actions please state where you would like to go. If Dalin wants to go to see Bjornark, I will address that encounter in your private forum or as a private expedition (unless others choose to accompany you), otherwise you can choose a settlement, even Crooked Yew if you prefer.

Actions, apart from reports, how would your character spend the week in Ironguard? Buying equipment, learning spells, upgrading skills? Post what you do in Ironguard.

Actions, lastly, each player earns reputation and kudos from the Duke. He rewards those who serve the Duchy and will bless each character subject to a request.

While he will not dish out ancient relics and vorpal blades as reward, he will enable a reasonable reward. Think what your character might request. Lord Krothos did a similar thing, rewarding players with experimental armour, seconding aides to help with spell craft, granting a a title deed, crafting items or patronage towards upgrading skills.

Actions,
1) state how you spend a week downtime,
2) state where you want to go next,
3) state a request to the Duke.

GreyWolfVT

#349 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin will spend his time in Irongard pay respects to his ancestors and pitching in where he can. As for a reward he would more than happy to give any experimental light armor a test run, or have one of his weapons imbued if that is an option. Otherwise he would be happy just receiving some sort of title that will allow him free pass into and out of Ironguard and get authorities from other locations off his back. After Irongard he will go see Bjornark at least briefly to as he already said relay what happened and check on the man that was half turned tree. After that he would head to Helix and see about either going to Crooked Yew or passing along a letter to his friends there. Depends on if anyone is planning a trip to Crooked Yew or not.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#350 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth
Actions,
1) state how you spend a week downtime,
2) state where you want to go next,
3) state a request to the Duke.
I went to the Masquerade Ball actually on the ticket of the real Cromm Cruach minister here. If I can keep that secret from the Duke and Sheriff I will. Then I would go to the minister, report to him my findings about Barraclough and the Bogtown Well. I would hope to spend any free time in spell or prayer research in order to upgrade any Cleric skills. Maybe I can build some link or mentorship so that I can access funds, libraries, knowledge in order to rebuild a Cromm place in Helix.

I will return to Helix. One thing I have a commitment to is the Helix Village: Cistern rebuild.

I will ask the Duke to give me rights, officially stamped with his authority so that Othar or Gamdar can't complain, permission to lead Cromm Cruach services in the Chapel (or other Helix location). Following Elder Barraclough's death, there is no resident minister, so request he appoint myself (until a more suitable candidate is ordained) and I get leave to take over tenancy of the Cromm Manse cottage.

Pushing my luck, as always, but I will look to see what reward can be gained from Silvanus or his clergy for helping to cleanse this place like we did to the Bogtown Embassy. Maybe a potion from the herbalist Marcia?

I will contact Strausalias regarding an update to our adventure.

I would like Sidkrake to get some reward too. Not sure what I would ask.

My next plans are probably exploring Barrow Mounds. I haven't actually been yet. Maybe in Helix I can join a group, collect some rumours, whatever.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#351 Post by Hvalreki »

Gunter

Gunter spends the week healing and building back up his strength (hopefully augmented by curatives from Cromm via Golgarth). In between progressively more difficult combat drills, he cleans and mends his simple gear, and Golgarth's as well if he's allowed, making sure all is serviceable and ready for action again.

Having cast his lot with Cromm Cruach, Gunter will will follow Golgarth back to Helix and wherever he goes next. He thinks of himself as Cromm's shield, watching over Golgarth's more impulsive tendencies and helping to keep him out of trouble. He's made friends with Sidrake too and would welcome his company (with an equal share) if he's interested in continuing to accompany us. Same for Dalin and Froed as well should they wish to continue adventuring together.

From the Duke Gunter asks simply for a token of his favor should he need the Duke's aid in the future.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Spearmint »

Downtime in Ironguard:

Froed, going forward will stay as an npc contact to each of the characters. He will return to Bogtown and head up a rogue guild that acts as a go between for Ironguard groups and Renata's Wolves.

Renata, as far as you know, the Brigandine, still wanted for crimes against the Duchy, returns to the abandoned mine and Memorial Forge located in the Moon Peaks near Bogtown.

I will add the two new locations: Memorial Forge & Bittersweet Community, the one the trolls attacked, to the Bogtown location thread.

Dalin receive from the Silvanus Temple a Potion of Healing.
Otherwise he would be happy just receiving some sort of title that will allow him free pass into and out of Ironguard and get authorities from other locations off his back.
All 'the Diggler: wanted' posters are withdrawn. You already have enchanted chainmail. Having attended the Masquerade Ball under the title of Master Silverhand of the Moon Peak Mines, you get crafted a token. The medallion is a silver hand upon a chain and it is imbued with a ward against lycanthropes, adding a bonus to any lycanthropic saving throws and disadvantages were-creature in melee against you by -1 to hit.
Golgarth receive from the Silvanus Temple a Potion of Healing. Already having your Warhammer imbued by Silvanus. You get some formal recognition for a Cromm Cruach shrine. Whilst the Chapel in Helix is built over the ruins of a former shrine, you can erect a new site at the Helix Cisterns, where devotees may come to receive blessings and offer their corporate worship. A title of tenancy for the old cottage is arranged. In return, tithes are received as tribute and as per request, the Duchy will fund improved schooling facilities for Miss Quirrell in Bogtown.

Gunter receive from the Silvanus Temple a Potion of Healing. Also equip ten silvered crossbow bolts. Asking for nought but future aid, you can request Sheriff Longstaff for any mentorship in regard to martial training, fighter skill upgrades. In terms of specific aid, receive a Duchy 'provost baton', an implement of the militia police. It is a cudgel type weapon but allows the wielder to 'cosh &/or Command', (imbued with Command spell, activated once per day).

Sidkrake receive from the Silvanus Temple a Potion of Healing. His 'file' from old borstal records is annulled, so cancelling out any lingering effects of an ill-spent youth. He has a spider tattoo (hence first known as 'Spider Sid'). This tattoo gets imbued with a Spider Climb trait that he can trigger once per day.

Actions please note the above and adjust your sheets with the favours and rewards.

Actions note here any expedition tribute, there wasn't much trove to share out. Any other actions, questions or comments you wish to make.

Dalin
After Irongard he will go see Bjornark at least briefly to as he already said relay what happened and check on the man that was half turned tree.
Arturo sadly has become more lignified and taken on a greater tree form. Whilst Bjornark might be able to address this, the root cause is thought to reside in the 'Fey' realm and that is accessed via certain rituals as outlined in your conversation here:

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 78#p627078

That might not be a mission you want to solve yourself, so could be a recruiting hook to persuade others to join you if you want to take it on. You can communicate to Clive in CY, informing him of the issue, the Impurax cult and your current adventures.
Attachments
Dalin's Silverhand medallion.
Dalin's Silverhand medallion.
IMG_20230905_103242.jpg (169.41 KiB) Viewed 292 times

GreyWolfVT

#353 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin to his current adventuring companions "We we might already have another mission lads. Who wants to travel to the realm of the Fey and help save Arturo before it is too late and he turns fully into a tree?" he asks. ;)

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#354 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

I checked out the links of the druid.
"To solve this, you may need to return to the grove and root out the Hag herself. If this place is indeed Fey touched then accessing it may only come via Fey means. I know Dryads travel themselves via the great Oaks, their tree trunks acting as host ports to dimensional steps.

I can concoct a potion which the right compounds that may allow the drinker to be absorbed into the tree and step across the unseen nature into another Oak copse. But I would need some Weir-wood rootstock, taken from a holy shrine itself."
So that to me suggests that until such components are found, the druid cannot do anything. Would the potion maker in Ironguard, this Marcia the herbalist who has a stall in the Silvanus Temple, would she have any such compound or a similar apothecary made item. I cam imagine that she, Verne or even Toadmother might know about it.

So, I will ask the herbalist when I get the healing potion gift.

For myself, I at least need to touch base in Helix. I am fine to explore the other Fey realm, it deals with more cults or wicked themes. I am quite interested though just to go exploring among the Barrow Mounds having not so much as stepped foot there and that was the reason I journeyed into Helix originally.

"Dalin, you have experience of the Barrows. Will you lead us there?"

I thank the Duke for the title deed and requisition of the cottage. I will also need to check in Helix regarding my charity fund and begin some work on that. Happy too Miss Quirrell is catered for (hope she remembers me with fondness ... just saying ...).

Other than that I am good to travel from the Citadel. I will also buy a 1st Aid Kit just in case of trouble. (-25gp).

GreyWolfVT

#355 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin "I do, though I never really lead anyone there before. Never even really kept a map of the area either, that was always someone else more of authority in charge than myself. But I can do my best."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#356 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

Ok. On to Helix. There are some others there so a bigger group might work well or we recruit Sid again. Maybe Dalin could try to rope in Froed. An extra thief type and I would think Spearmint might prefer Dalin to head up a rogue guild with Froed assisting (just thinking out aloud). And we hire Sidkrake again (we also took Solly too before he went back. He is a torchbearer type but able to swing a sword).

Anyway, Helix beckons, I will post in that thread ince confirmed we make it there.

GreyWolfVT

#357 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin to Froed "I'd be more than happy to have you along with us if you're up for it Froed."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Spearmint »

"I'd be more than happy to have you along with us if you're up for it Froed."
Dalin tries to recruit Froed: vs Charisma 11 [4d6-2]=13-2=11

Using your Charisma (11 with your kinsmen and adding a bonus for helping to solve the cult influence in both Bogtown and Ironguard)

The result is positive and the rogue dwarf will determine to adventure with Dalin rather than retire to a background npc status.

I actually try to have PC's gain a follower or retainer of some kind when they reach 4th level as a way to reward and promote roleplay opportunities. So Froed will accompany Dalin going forward.

GreyWolfVT

#359 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Woo hoo!

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#360 Post by Hvalreki »

Gunter

If Sidrake is willing and available can he accompany us too (full share?) I'm too broke to pay him. :D Solly too if we can. A trip to the Fay realm sounds dangerous....

Return to “Completed Expeditions”