Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: B S (VIII)

#343 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks everyone!

Our Christmas was pretty quiet. We stayed home and didn't gather with family for the first time........ever?

I know everyone has their own opinion about how to handle this damn pandemic, but the wife and I are simply trying to do our part in controlling the spread by staying home and staying safe, even if others in our family think we are going overboard with it. :lol:

As usual, with numerous things all happening at once in town again, my head is spinning around like a bad Hollywood exorcism. So, please nudge me if I missed something that you were trying to do. Thanks!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Rex »

A screwed up year for sure. You need to do what you feel is right, everyone is different. Staying home is a safe choice and good for many/most (it's what my wife and I did). But some need the support of friends and family more than others, hopefully they are still getting it, in person or otherwise.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by Paladin »

Not that you've missed anything, as I literally just sent the message, but as an extra heads up--I sent you a message in the private forum regarding Keyon's next action. :lol: Totally understand the head spinning thing.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Urson »

I've been watching the one season of 'Forged in Fire' on Netflix- I could literally watch craftsmen doing their thing for days. Any rate, there was a 'kill test' on a weapon called a Karambit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWmpeW4A5o

I could easily see this as video of an expert thief or assassin practicing their trade.
FA FO
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#347 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That's cool!

I started watching that show with great interest when it came out, and really dig the premise.

But sadly, like most shows these days, they had to go and jam it into the "reality tv" template, complete with a predictably annoying Jeff Probst style host and plenty of silly catch phrases from all the judges. :roll:

Great idea for a show, if you can stomach all the Hollywood nonsense they seem to thrive on for some reason.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Rex »

Agreed OM, the early ones were better. I stopped watching as well. I never watched much TV and even less now.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Urson »

The season running on Netflix is one of the more recent ones- and I agree, the judges can all be pretty annoying sometimes.

Here in Indiana, they have "1812 Rendezvous" at Tippecanoe Battleground every year. When I go, I wind up spending most of my time watching the blacksmith and the furniture maker.
FA FO
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Karaunios »

Happy New Year everyone!

New year's resolutions:
• Find a good place to re-settle the town and do it!
• Give those Stoneguts a lesson.
• Get to level up each of my characters one level and
• the most important one. The one that trumps all other resolutions by far: that my characters survive :lol:

I hope you had or are having a nice evening. Here it's 9.30am (January 1st). Not much of a party last night considering the current state of affairs.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#351 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome!

Happy New Year everyone!

Finally a holiday I know we all share, no matter your location, religion, etc. :D

(We watched a weird movie and went to bed long before midnight. I dreamt about being on the beach.)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Rex »

Happy New Year Everyone!
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#353 Post by kruk »

Happy New Year all!
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Jernau35 »

Happy New Year to all!

I tried to make it to midnight but ran out of energy and went to bed at 11:30. Woke up at 4 to find my two boys passed out on the sofa surrounded by popcorn, chips, candy and juice boxes, with Roblox videos playing on YouTube. The torch has passed to a new generation! :)
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by SirOwen »

Happy New Year!! I hope the coming year brings you all happiness and prosperity!
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#356 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:39 pm The Princess curses in a most unladylike way as the dwarf rider starts to wake. After her initial attempt to prod the beast forward produces less than adequate results, she changes to the carrot.

She pulls a piece of hard ration out and stabs it onto the end of her sword. After scooting forwards on the lizard, she extends the tip and rations out in front of the lizard, trying to get it to chase the meat.

If she's able, she will try to chase down the other lizard and ram it.
This one wins the *thinking outside the box* prize for today! :lol:
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Karaunios »

To the Kegenstien Expedition's now scattered group:

Assuming that those that are with the natives now survive the combat with the sticky mummy, would you kindly wait for us in town so we can make a second expedition and try to get better intel on the territory beyond the river (given that we couldn't say that we've found suitable land to move the town yet) or would you rather do other stuff on your own?

Maybe some conversation with the townies in the meantime to keep them up to date is in order?

I don't know. Just throwing out ideas.
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Quonundrum »

For those interested, below are the spells Andron has researched to date.

The Psionitropic spells are based on a new school of magic that relies on what can be considered a new non-material spell component. The psionitropic matrix.

The whole idea was developed from his experience with a strange black void. :D

The Psionitropic Matrix
A psionitropic matrix is a pseudo psionic arcane interface that binds to the neurons of the caster's brain, enabling spell effects resembling true psionic abilities. Psionitropic magic is not in itself a distinct school of magic, but acts as a meta overlay to a traditional spell's foundation school (e.g. Psionitropic Divination).

Psionitropic spells typically require only a somatic component. This is comprised of precise finger placements on either side of the cranium to activate the neural axons utilized by a specific matrix. A direct interface into the language center of the brain provides an equivalent verbal component without true vocalization. Material components may be used to refine and amplify brain signals, provide an adjunct external matrix, or other ancillary and supporting functions.

Due to the innate instability and inefficiency of a Psionitropic-brain interface, an exceptional intellect and discipline of thought is essential to successfully establish a functional matrix. Intelligence and Wisdom ability scores of no less than 16 are required to cast psionitropic spells.

Voice of Rao (Enchantment/Charm)
Level: Cleric 1
Range: 6"
Duration: Special
Area of Effect: Special
Components: V
Casting time: 1 segment
Saving throw: None

The Voice of Rao spell allows the caster to invoke a small degree of the eponymous deity's ability to assert peace and calm in others. The spell must be used while attempting a dialogue with any being capable of verbal communication within the spell range, and will only have any effect if the intention of the dialogue is to achieve a peaceful reaction. It will absolutely fail for any other purpose, e.g. price bartering, seduction, coercion, intimidation, and the like. Reaction rolls (only) for the caster are adjusted as if the cleric has a Charisma ability score of 18. In cases where a reaction role is not called for, those hearing the caster will still feel a strong and sincere desire of peace radiating from the cleric. The audience need not understand the actual language spoken but in all cases any further change in reaction is entirely dependent on the natural results of the dialogue. The verbal component of the spell is an invocation of Rao and an articulated sincere desire for peace. The spell is in no way a charm, suggestion, emotion, or other coercive enchantment.

Empathia Cogitatus (Psionitropic Divination)
Level: Magic-User 1
Range: 0
Duration: Instantaneous
Area of Effect: 2'' + 1/2''/level radius sphere
Components: S
Casting time: 1 round

Upon casting the Empathia Cogitatus spell a psionitropic matrix is bound to the caster's brain that detects and amplifies the psychic energy emitted from cognitive thought. The magic-user is instantly aware of all creatures within the area of effect that possess at least Low (5-7) intelligence(*). The intelligence rating per creature is known along with its general direction and distance from the caster. This includes invisible, hidden, or out of phase creatures, but excludes those ethereal or astrally projected. Creatures unconscious, stunned, in stasis, or otherwise unable of cognition are also not detected.

Intelligence and Wisdom ability scores of no less than 16 are required to cast this spell.

(*) Per Monster Manual (page 5):

0 Non-intelligent or not rateable
1 Animal intelligence
2-4 Semi-intelligent
5-7 Low intelligence
8-10 Average (human) intelligence
11-12 Very intelligent
13-14 Highly intelligent
15-16 Exceptionally intelligent
17-18 Genius
19-20 Supra-genius
21+ Godlike intelligence

Assay of Reason (Divination)
Level: Cleric 1
Range: 3''
Duration: Instantaneous
Area of Effect: One creature
Components: V, S

The Assay of Reason spell enables the cleric to evaluate a creature's capacity for reason and identifies conditions or magical effects that impede or prevent cognitive thought. The subject's intellect is perceived on an Intelligence Rating(*) scale. Mundane conditions include: amnesia, dehydration, disorientation, hallucination, hypothermia, hysteria, inebriation, insanity, obsession, starvation, and unconsciousness. Magical effects are typically due to attack by spells or supernatural abilities (i.e. aging, chaos, confusion, domination, fear, feeblemind, hopelessness, hypnosis, magic jar, possession). Magical effects that influence the mind, but otherwise do not hinder clarity of thought are excluded (e.g. beguiling, charming, illusion, suggestion).

(*)Per Monster Manual (page 5):

0 Non-intelligent or not rateable
1 Animal intelligence
2-4 Semi-intelligent
5-7 Low intelligence
8-10 Average (human) intelligence
11-12 Very intelligent
13-14 Highly intelligent
15-16 Exceptionally intelligent
17-18 Genius
19-20 Supra-genius
21+ Godlike intelligence

Telepolydactylus (Psionitropic Alteration)
Level: Magic-User 1
Range: 2" + 1/4"/level
Duration: 1 round/level
Area of Effect: 25 g.p. + 25 g.p. weight/level
Components: S

The Telepolydactylus spell creates a psionitropic matrix that interfaces with the somatic motor centers of the caster's brain. With undisturbed concentration, the magic-user can project a telekinetic manifestation of his or her hands to move or manipulate any objects within the spell's range. The manifested hands can operate independently of each other, subject to range and area of effect. The total motive force that can be applied is limited by the area of effect in gold pieces weight. Maximum telekinetic movement is 2''/round at zero acceleration (i.e. objects cannot be "thrown" and loss of concentration immediately halts its momentum). The spell's psionitropic matrix also transmits tactile sensory input (e.g. texture, temperature, friction) of manipulated objects to the caster.

Intelligence and Wisdom ability scores of no less than 16 are required to cast this spell.
Last edited by Quonundrum on Fri May 28, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#359 Post by Darklin2 »

Karaunios wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:56 am To the Kegenstien Expedition's now scattered group:

Assuming that those that are with the natives now survive the combat with the sticky mummy, would you kindly wait for us in town so we can make a second expedition and try to get better intel on the territory beyond the river (given that we couldn't say that we've found suitable land to move the town yet) or would you rather do other stuff on your own?

Maybe some conversation with the townies in the meantime to keep them up to date is in order?

Darklin will be in town a while so we can regroup. I will need to heal for a while.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#360 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Karaunios wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:56 am To the Kegenstien Expedition's now scattered group:

I'm in no hurry myself.

Return to “Completed Missions”