#321 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony

I'm for the new secret door.
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

#322 Post by Fingolwyn »

drpete wrote:As you are about to open the southwest door, Fingolwyn notices something he hadn't noticed before... this little corridor has yet another secret door in it, heading to the north.

Go ahead with the southwest door, or investigate this new secret door?
Lhainor

Investigate the secret door, of course. :-) Hidden things usually are better than obvious things.

What say the rest of you?
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Secret door is good.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by drpete »

The secret door opens into an east-west corridor. The corridor goes east only 10 feet before coming to a dead end, while the western corridor goes 20 feet before opening up into a T intersection, with branches going north and south.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh will search the dead end for secret doors etc. Being very careful to look out for a pit trap.
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#326 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Lhainor will cautiously and quietly walk down to the T intersection, sword in hand, and listen. If he doesn't hear anything, he will put his back to the south wall and look (at an angle) up the north corridor a bit. Depending on what he sees (or actually doesn't see), he will move to the north wall and repeat this process to look down the south corridor.
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.
snake_hunter
Strider
Strider

#327 Post by snake_hunter »

Theglid will go with Lhainor, close enough to provide support if something jumps out but far enough back to not interfere with his scouting
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony will try to keep an equal amount of distance between the groups and himself, the better to respond to either one should something happen.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by drpete »

Date: June 2, 5:20 pm, Tuesday
Season: Early Summer
Light: Nimh's Torch (Expires 5:30 pm), Moony's torch (Expires 5:30 pm)
Moon phase: New Moon
Time since rest: 0 Turns

While Nimh searches the eastern end of the hall for secret doors, Lhainor moves west to check out the intersection, with support from Theglid and Moony.

Lhainor finds that the north fork is actually a triangular alcove. It's west wall extends 10 feet north, and a diagonal wall extends northwest to meet it. In the center of this diagonal wall is a door, heading north-east.

The south branch of the T intersection extends 10 feet before ending in a south door.

Nimh finishes her search, finding nothing unusual in the eastern end of this little space. Feeling somewhat secure, the group takes a short rest before continuing...

Where to next?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Try the weird angled door?"
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#331 Post by Fingolwyn »

Rex wrote:Nimh

"Try the weird angled door?"
Lhainor

Sounds good to me. It's the closest door, and we probably shouldn't leave it behind us if we head down to the south door. I'll open it...I'm probably the closest.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I will back you up." Nimh moves to cover Lhainor.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by drpete »

Technically, there are now two angled doors, one behind you going southwest and one ahead of you going northeast... I'm understanding you to mean the southwest one back behind you?
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#334 Post by Fingolwyn »

drpete wrote:Technically, there are now two angled doors, one behind you going southwest and one ahead of you going northeast... I'm understanding you to mean the southwest one back behind you?
Lhainor

No, I meant the new one in the T intersection going NE. Even though we rested, Lhainor probably is still standing a few feet from it.

But I am fine with either.

[Must be a trap on or behind one of them. ;) ]
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by drpete »

Ah, ok, cool...

You open the door to the northeast in the north branch of the T intersection. You find that this door opens in the southwest corner of a 30'x30' room. The room is bare if decoration.

You see a door in the center of the north wall, and one on the southern end of the east wall. A corridor heads east from the room from the northern end of the east wall.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Look down each of the open corridors, then search the room.
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#337 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Lhainor will stand in the diagonal doorway and keep an eye back down the T intersection, especially on the south door we haven't opened yet.

Our torches are about to burn out. Do we have enough to light two more?
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by drpete »

Entering the room to explore, you note that in the first 10 feet of the hallway to the east, there is a slimy, bloody corpse being chewed on by rats and another door going north. The rats see you and hesitate. The east hallway continues beyond the limits of your torchlight.

You guys actually still have a good number of light sources, since almost everyone brought light. I've been assuming that you continue using Theglid and Kohrek's torches, and they have a couple left each. Lhainor still has all of his torches, and Moony has a lantern and 3 flasks of oil. Per your original instructions, Moony and Theglid are carrying the torches, I think...

A note about time... with combat turns and exploration turns being different lengths in Blueholme, I've been tracking both the "time" and the number of turns independently. A combat turn results in you tiring more quickly, but hasn't been advancing the torch burning time (I'm assuming the next exploration turn is just 9 minutes instead of 10 minutes). This means that the need for resting gets out of synch with wm checks and needing to refresh the torches.
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#339 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

We heard the sound of combat from somewhere down here not long ago. How fresh is the corpse, and how was it killed? Can we tell without disturbing the rats? We probably should leave the rats (thus the corridor) alone, at least for now. Someone should check the north door, and the east door. I've got the door we came in and the passage behind us.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I will check the north door."

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”