Re: OOC

#321 Post by Distorted Humor »

I am reading and catching up folks...
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by saalaria »

Nice one DH - who are you in as? Elwita?
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by Distorted Humor »

saalaria wrote:Nice one DH - who are you in as? Elwita?

yep
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... or perhaps Karraway is praying away real hard to the stone dice gods. :)
Ha! You got me there, Ron. ;)

"Ahem... Stone Dice Gods! Hear my plea!!"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by Nuke66 »

Argennian wrote:
rredmond wrote:... or perhaps Karraway is praying away real hard to the stone dice gods. :)
Ha! You got me there, Ron. ;)

"Ahem... Stone Dice Gods! Hear my plea!!"
or just maybe the stoned dice gods, Like "Dude, is that a six or a nine, I can't tell"
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by rredmond »

Nuke66 wrote: or just maybe the stoned dice gods, Like "Dude, is that a six or a nine, I can't tell"
:D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#327 Post by ToniXX »

I will be out of town for the holidays leaving Saturday the 22nd and returning Thursday the 27th. While I will have my laptop and internet access, I will be in Hawaii so my desire to turn on the laptop may be greatly diminished... I'm sure you'll understand.

So know that replies and updates may come slowly until I return.

Thanks, and have a great holiday everyone!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by tkrexx »

Christmas in Hawaii, instead of in this hideous blizzard, mmmmmmm. Have fun!
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#329 Post by Distorted Humor »

Do I roll for opening doors, or does the GM?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by rredmond »

Distorted Humor wrote:Do I roll for opening doors, or does the GM?
You may if you like. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by Nuke66 »

Is it just me, or has the Aphid's advice gone unheeded. Here is a post from action thread 6.

The creature nods in recognition at Phanstern.
Phanstern wrote:
His expression then changes as he seeks information about the slavers, knowing with his companions yet under attack there is little time for politeness. You have dealings with these "Slavers?" We have heard much about them, perhaps you could enlighten us about them, and your dealings with them, and where we might find them?

The creature responds: “You slavers give us meat and blood for our nest to grow in strength, that is a deal no? You are in the wrong section for slavers, your kind belongs west and north of here. This section is only for the Aspis and our ants. You are not safe here. You go East, we will eat you, you go West past the stairs, we will eat you - all my kind will assume you are here as a meal. The Cow would have it no other way. You should go back up the stairs and come down in a slaver section, yes much safer, very dangerous here. Or even quicker, to your friends at the top of the ladder, but be sure they know you are slavers too as you come out or they will kill... we don't take the ladder..”

End of Round 4. I see what you are saying about how fast you can ask questions rexx, but I'll keep this going in Rounds, which are a full minute long, and be liberal with the language difficulty (both speaking and understanding) of the creature you are speaking too. Plus, I have no idea where the heck this is going. Eljayess has a direct line of prayer to the dice gods... or perhaps Karraway is praying away real hard to the stone dice gods. :)

Pretty much says we need to climb the ladder and pull out a can of whoop-ass. IMHO that is....at least currently.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#332 Post by Alethan »

But... We couldn't easily pop open the trap door. It was secured from above or had things sitting on it.

And Freda isn't going back down that way, in any case.

We just need to figure out where that trap door would come out and make our way there.

Ron, can we get a bigger overview of the map above ground?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by tkrexx »

We just need to figure out where that trap door would come out and make our way there.
That's kinda what my position is.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by rredmond »

Okay Nuke. And I'm sorry all about the stalling. Works been hell lately. After many assurances from my leadership team in one of my southern children's programs that they were "ready" for the unannounced State audit. The were surprised, and unready, when the State came knocking yesterday.
I'm not a yelling kind of boss, but apparently when I get quiet, look over my glasses at you, or rub my forehead, I'm quite scary. I'm happy that they are all stepping-to now to clean things up, it's just that I wish the program was ready like they said. If you've got the tools and the people to get the job done, and you can't then the fault lies in the leadership - including myself. There's a lot to think about.

Anyway the TL:DR portion of our post, I'm hoping to update my games today. ;)
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by saalaria »

I will be away in sunny Spain for just over two weeks from tomorrow . Seriously doubt I will have access to a keyboard so realistically my next post will be around April 22nd...have a good time while Im gone. Sam
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#337 Post by Alethan »

Have fun on Holiday, Sam! See you when you get back!
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by Distorted Humor »

I am catching up, but I should be back to normal now - long story short - new DSL modem, no more problems. I should post tomorrow after i catch up reading.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#339 Post by Alethan »

Will have limited internet connection on the 24th and 25th; should still be able to make any updates, if required, but just not in my usual speedy fashion.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by rredmond »

Hey all, a quick note to apologize about the slow updates from me lately. Real quick and trying not to delve into TMI (I'm a social worker it's a job requirement methinks) besides general work suckiness (which is actually letting up) I had a death of a close friend happen recently. He was diagnosed with ALS about 9 months ago (but had symptoms for about a year) and after a quick degeneration his lungs stopped working a couple of weeks ago and he passed last Thursday. For yet another kick in the head, Tom was only 45yo... just two years older than me. Great guy, super nice, and he donated his brain and spine to ALS research (which was an interesting process and he still had an open coffin - go Columbia University for doing good work) and his funeral was Tuesday.
Ack, I did add too much info, I felt like y'all needed an explanation. My job has me traveling to Eatontown, NJ today to help out another program (which sucks major, because it's an hour and a half from my office, and I still have my own work to catch up on) so I'm not likely to update today, but I'm hoping to get to my games tomorrow.
Thanks all for being patient and for making my PbP games awesome with your playing ability!

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”