Action thread 4

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action thread 4

#321 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus runs in once another has come into the courtyard for a lookout. He examines the leftovers and says,
wow, you guys must've taken some really good stuff. We should divide this once we are safely camped.

He cleans out the chest of all the coins that were left over, as well as a dagger and potentially a maroon cape.
Cis took "a red cloak". Is that the maroon cape? I dont see a separate red cloak. Veneficus will take the cape if not the same.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl nods in agreement with Brok's words. Lets listen to the fancy man and get outta here now and plan for tomorrow he snarls.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:"Bingo! This is exactly what our lady and the mayor needed," he declares in a hushed tone. "Screw those pricks that got away. I say we beat it out of here and get back to our camp before they regroup or any more reinforcements arrive..."
I guess your right, Nunyet says, too bad we're leaving a fight, and likely more treasure behind. But this looks like what we came for.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#325 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 2:22am

Brok remains vigilant on the roof, yet he neither sees nor hears anything of alarm. He does hear the comotion going on below him, and peeks over into the courtyard to see the plump cleric dragging a large wooden box. The party gathers around, as Nunyet speaks: This was in the room we were trying to get into, since we were talking loot, and we are on a mission to find information as well, I figured I should go back and get it. We got lots of stuff here a couple of maps of what looks like this area, some navigation tools, a couple candles with a candle holder, some blank vellum with a quill, unfortunately the inkwell is nearly empty, but looks like there's some ink in there, and this slim tome. There's some writing on one of these maps, but I can't make it out, but it has some arrows drawn over the map that must be detailing troop movements!

On the bottom of the box there's four daggers, two short swords, three pairs of leather gauntlets
four heavy black cloaks. No coins, but a bit more to divvy out!

Yarl takes a short sword and a black cloak

Francisco selects a pair of gauntlets that fit him well, and also takes a black cloak.

The druid Cis also takes a pair of gauntlets, the red hooded cloak from the chest, and the silver dagger.

Veneficus takes a dagger and the coins from the chest: 14gp, 35sp

Brok climbs back down to the courtyard. He looks over the loot, and takes the maps, tome, ink well and quill, and the sheets of vellum. He puts these items into his backpack for safe keeping. As he does, he speaks "Bingo! This is exactly what our lady and the mayor needed. Screw those pricks that got away. I say we beat it out of here and get back to our camp before they regroup or any more reinforcements arrive..."

Yarl and Nunyet agree with Brok’s idea of moving out and getting back to the campsite to the east.

Torch: Minute 54 of 60
HPs - Francisco:14/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12

Please mark your PC sheets with what you’ve taken. I’ll update the treasure thread.

The party is now just starting its trek east back to the campsite. Meryth’s torch is starting to sputter, but Ulendil,nearly full, is high in the night sky, lighting your way.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by rredmond »

Did we divvy up the coins yet?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#327 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Did we divvy up the coins yet?
Wut? The 14 gp and 35 sp??? I'll trust whoever to carry all of my share until we get farther away. ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by onlyme »

Alethan wrote:
rredmond wrote:Did we divvy up the coins yet?
Wut? The 14 gp and 35 sp??? I'll trust whoever to carry all of my share until we get farther away. ;)

Veneficus took it, since no one else wanted it... probably worth about 1/2 a cloak or sword in total, maybe a 1/16th a leather piece. :D
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:
Argennian wrote:"Bingo! This is exactly what our lady and the mayor needed," he declares in a hushed tone. "Screw those pricks that got away. I say we beat it out of here and get back to our camp before they regroup or any more reinforcements arrive..."
I guess your right, Nunyet says, too bad we're leaving a fight, and likely more treasure behind. But this looks like what we came for.
"Although I'm not one to voluntarily leave treasure behind either, Nun, I’m concerned about those two soldiers that got away. They could be rallying reinforcements within the temple right now as we speak. I say let’s head back to camp and regroup...”

Seeing Meryth's torch sputter, Brok tells her to simply drop it and that he'd prefer to use the moonlight to make their way out of the compound and back to their camp. "... if there were anyone else out there approaching the temple here or about the surrounding area, they'd see a torch from miles away. With Ulendil nearly full above, we should have no problems seeing in the dark. Let's head out that breach in the eastern wall and backtrack our trail to the treeline..."

OOC: adding items on character sheet! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#330 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 2:40am

You get about 15 minutes into your trek across the grassland, moving east and slightly north towards the treeline, when you hear rustling in the dry grass coming from the south. Quickly you hear animal noises, and now see an unknown number shapes moving towards you at a swift pace. About 40 feet in front of the party, a small animal runs across your path, moving at full speed going north. Seconds later, five, much larger animals come in pursuit of the first. Two continue, but three stop before the party and are now facing you. They are large, wolf-like creatures. You can hear them restlessly moving in the grass, as well as smell their foul breath. They seem to be sizing you up.

HPs - Francisco:14/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis quickly casts speak with animals "There is much easier food to be had in the keep back there" he says.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus nocks an arrow, just in case the animals do not retreat.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#333 Post by Alethan »

Francisco raises his crossbow to his shoulder, training it on the largest of the animals.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet preps a throwing hammer in each hand and awaits to see what the outcome of Cis' spell is.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Argennian »

Brok makes sure that Meryth is behind him and also raises his bow and readied arrow to take aim, just in case the three remaining creatures do not respond as they should to the spell that the druid just cast.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl gets his club ready but doesnt attack yet.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#337 Post by ToniXX »

Cis the druid thinks fast on his feet and casts the spell upon the large wolves. They pause for a moment, almost as if they are pondering the statement made by the druid. They then move south and west, past the party (staying about 40 feet away), and towards the temple.

You hear nor see any sign of the other two animals that continued north, chasing the smaller animal.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus relaxes his bow and continues in line.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by rredmond »

Well done! Nunyet says with a happy laugh. Then he too gets in marching order and continues on.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”