Quest #26 "Wet Rays Of Sunshine"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #26 "Wet Rays Of Sunshine"

#261 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess uncharacteristically remains quiet during the initial salvos. Her foot is tapping quickly and it looks like she won't stay in the background for long. It's probably safe until the Captain responds.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#262 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Soul Survivors
Starday, 20th of Goodmonth
Late Afternoon
Hot, Humid, Sunny, Sandy

Quark looks even more disgusted by Keyon’s continuous blathering. The two crewmen closest to him take up crossbows again and load a bolt into them, watching the disrespectful display of name calling on the dock.

Quark allows the others to speak their mind, chuckling when he sees the gnome distance himself from the talkative elf. “You three may reboard so we can discuss payment owed. That cowardly friend a yers is no longer welcome aboard this vessel. And if he’d like to make a comment er two about that.......” The old salt nods to the pair of crossbow men at his sides.

“And you,” he motions to the princess. “You aided these women from what I could tell from here. Yer welcome to board as well. I would like to ask you about that vessel you arrived on. Bring yer large friend if ye wish.”

Actions?

Keyon 4/6
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#263 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Feanol gives him a smile, "Why thank you captain." Turning to the Princess "After you dear Lady." She will also allow Elnaerel to precede her if she wishes, but if Elnaerel yields will move on after the Princess. Once they're aboard she'll motion for The Knife "Come on partner" she'll say to him. Then to the Knight "You too Sir William" giving him a bow of her head.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess nods and boards the ship. "Thank you, Captain. Good to be aboard." She looks around the ship and looks the Captain up and down. "I did indeed aid these two. It appeared to me that the situation needed some defusing. I'm only sorry that Brandy wasn't able to be rescued."

"As I now have an interest in the welfare of Feanol and Elnaerel, I've joined to see this through. You can, however, ask away about the ship I came in on."

She smiles and chuckles. "But I've forgotten my manners in the hubbub. I am Princess Bonalure Summerstars of the Royal Court of Celene. And you are?"

I think that's four or five times now I've introduced her. I need shorthand. :lol:
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife momentarily considers playing the After you-Oh no after you- No after you, I insist game with the Sir William. However, a quick look at Sir William's stern countenance tells him that the knight would likely just pick him up and throw him aboard (in a courtly manner), rather than appreciate the humor.

Instead, he turns to Keyeon. "This is a bit awkward but...if you are going to be standing here for a while, could you take a look under the dock for my walking stick? The last time I saw it, it was floating just under there. Thanks!"

He turns and walks up the gangplank.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel decided to enter after Feanol and can't help but crack a smile at The Knife's query to Keyon. She doesn't like that the half-elf will be left behind so she eyes him for a second: "We'll be right back, ok?" and whispers to him "We'll all have our share, don't worry... Our full share." The last sentence declared with an earnest look.

Once inside, she takes her place and stands by, waiting for the captain to explain his reasons. She tries not to look aggressive in any way, but the look on her face betrays her disappointment.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#267 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Soul Survivors
Late Afternoon
Hot, Humid, Sunny, Sandy

As the mixed party boards the ship, the captain welcomes them, especially the princess. The Knife asks Keyon to watch out for his gear, you know, since he wasn’t invited along. Elnaerel tries to comfort the male elf before she leaves, sensing that he is going through a myriad of emotions over this situation.

The captain agrees that the job was completed as requested, and that full payment will be made. However, he is a more than a little upset that he was somehow brought into an escalating conflict with the dwarves, who before today he had absolutely nothing to do with.

After calling for a bag to be brought out from his quarters, he turns to the princess. “Really? A member of Celene’s royalty, right here on my ship? Pleasure ta meet ye, I’m sure princess. I be Captain Cornelious Quark, at yer service. Tell me, what was the name o’ that svelte looking vessels ye arrived on?”

Actions?
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess is visibly pleased with the greeting she receives from Captain Quark. "And a pleasure to meet you as well, Captain." She bows and smiles broadly. "Ah. That ship is called 'The Swan of Gloriander'. The voyage was pleasant enough, considering."

"I'm glad to see that you are a man of your word when dealing with unfortunate circumstances. I'm sure that all involved are sorry that it escalated and it speaks to your character that they fled to your protection in their time of need." She sidles up to Quark and places her hand on his upper arm.

"Tell me, Captain, what do you make of this 'town' here? Are there people that I should meet, and who do I talk to about setting up regular trade?" Her voice drips with intention as she says 'Captain'.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#269 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

The elf flashes a wicked grin and laughs aloud. "May the spinners bless you, Captain." He turns away from the lies and insinuations flowing overboard and offers Elnaerel a slight bow. "As you say, lady," he answers quietly. "I have faith in your word, if not Quark's."

He chuckles at The Knife and begins looking over the side of the dock. "I will endeavor to find your stick, my friend." He can't resist shaking his head and pulling an amused grin at the quirky gnome while he walks the area indicated to see if he can spot anything...stick-like.

Sir William Narramore

The knight boards with the others, visually inspecting the armaments aboard ship and crew with a keen professional interest. He begins to understand how the canny Princess has made it this far alone. Her honeyed words drip artfully over the target of her attentions.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel stands aside, more calm now that she knows they're gonna get their just payment, looking at the interaction between the princess and Captain Quark.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#271 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

The young elf maiden lets the Princess take the lead, but stands ready to make her own case if need be.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#272 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Soul Survivors
Late Afternoon
Hot, Humid, Sunny, Sandy

The Paladin finds little armaments aboard this ship. Other than the handheld crossbows he sees hanging from one wall, a single ballista is mounted on the stern deck. It is no wonder to the mighty warrior that these sailors decided not the test the dwarves. The Knives say nothing.

As the captain counts out the 200 gold coins in front of the party, he continues addressing the princess politely. “Never heard o’ her, but that don’t mean nuthin. Just seemed very out a place on these waters is all.” Once the coin is ready to hand over, he almost gives it right to the princess once she touches his arm. “Um, oh, yes. Here you are ladies. 200 gold, as promised.” He puffs his chest out at the kind attention he is receiving before saying a bit more.

“This town’s a hurtin badly princess, as ye may have already noticed. Their leader was recently slain, ya see, and with suspicious consequences, no less. They ain’t got enough food, that’s why I was so glad to get that fish fer em. They can’t get crops ta grow in the nearby fields due to the poor soil conditions. There is no economic structure ta speak of yet, so I can’t tell ye who to see about that. Hells, ye may even have to set some this stuff up here yerself!”

Keyon stays on the dock, his elven eyes spotting a single staff-like stick bobbing on the surface of the lapping water about 300 feet away, floating out to sea. He continues to be ignored by the captain and crew.

Actions?
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#273 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Captain thank you so much. I hope the Ray works out to your benefit. One thing I will let you know is that the rays seemed to be able to use the spell hold person on us, so beware this one may or may not have that ability as it was put to sleep by my spell. Your comments about food on this island makes me curious about your return?" Looking at the others. "It may be prudent to order additional food supplies from this gentleman to deliver on his return."

"Finally Captain, I still have my chest here on board, and would like to take that with me."

Then turning to the Gnome, with a glance at Elnaerel "Knife would you carry the coin, and we can go and divide it up at our lodgings?"
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

Having remained uncharacteristically silent, The Knife suddenly pipes up. "Oh! The money! Thank you captain!" He smiles, then looks down and says "Oh yes, I forgot about that. Let's ask him and see".

The Knife looks up again at Captain Quark. "Captain, in my rapid disembarkation, I was forced to leave my backpack and my armor underwater. Would you be able to loan me one or two of your sailors to go down there and bring them back up? The backpack is right off that side of the ship just there, with a rope attached to it. And the armor is just there at the foot of the dock. I'd be willing to pay a finder's fee. Perhaps ten gold pieces?"

The Knife waits for the Captain's reply, then turns to Feanol and Elnaerel. "We mustn't forget poor Jinx's gear either"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel nods at Feanols suggestion and puts her hand on The Knife's shoulder. "I'll help pulling in board your gear, as well as Jinx', Knife." She smiles at the gnome. "I trust Sir William will be so kind as to help our dear astronomer with her baggage?" She adds looking at the knight with a hand gesture towards Feanol.

Then she will get on with it.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#276 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The taciturn paladin nods and makes himself available to carry whatever is required.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#277 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Max will continue to try and set his tent up. He gets his bed roll set up and positions his chest at the head of the roll. I wonder if anyone has a hammock that would keep me out of the sand. Max will remove his chainmail and store it back in his chest. No sense getting it covered in salt spray. He steps out side the tent and stops the first person he meets and asks for directions to some place to find gear and food.

Hello. I am new here and wonder if you could direct me to the local Trader and some place to find some food.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She continues pumping the Captain for information while trying to smooth things over. "The leader was killed recently? Suspiciously?" She seems to be distracted for a moment, then quickly shakes her head and continues. "So it sounds as if the town is completely dependant on you, Captain. You carry the weight well. A strong back, I can tell." She smiles again.

"I am planning on setting that stuff up myself, as you suggest. Am I able to count on you to assist me how you can?" She lowers her head and raises her eyes at the Captain. "I hope to entice you to make regular trips to the mainland and back, for profit of course."

"Let's get my friends' needs taken care of, and then we can make our own plans. I do look forward to working with you." The Princess curtsies and watches the others hurry around gathering their things.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#279 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Feanol smiles at the Paladin, "Sir William it is so kind of you to assist me." She will lead him to her chest. "So sir I know the Princess is from my own land of Celene, but pray tell where do you come from?"
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#280 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

Narramore hefts the chest with ease. "I heard much of Celene in my home in the north of Gran March. I only regret that the opportunity to visit never arose." A faintly bittersweet smile softens the hard line of his mouth. "The study of arms occupied my every waking hour after a certain age. How did you come into the study of magic, if I may ask?"

Return to “Completed Missions”