(15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#261 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn Dwarf fighter

He says back to Cobb, “I haven’t seen my Da for over 2yrs and he never brought treasure back home to us! The only thing he gave me was a dog biscuit, no gold! Although, I did hear that Bene, the dog meant everything to him. I would surely love to have someone who’s familiar with the caves and this disc come with us. If we find treasure you can have my share as well as your own, I just want to find me Da! He gathers his thoughts, “You said this disc crashed? …How could it fly? When did this happen and what was in it? Sorry for all the questions, but it sounds quite incredible. He wonders why no one else has mentioned it.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#262 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cobb perks up at the offer of 2 shares of treasure, changing his tone slightly for the better.

"A biscuit? What does it.......do?"

"I remember that wizard buddy of his was always trying to come up with magical treats for dogs. Is it a dog biscuit?"

When Loyn mentions the disk, Cobb continues.

"They said it was spinning through the air like a plate on a stick, but then it suddenly crashed into the ravine in between the caves. I wasn't there myself, but I heard someone say that a strange green man talked to them, before taking them all away in a giant egg, or something."

The young man shrugs his broad shoulders. "The disk didn't remain for long. Most people said it was dismantled and claimed by the tribes of non-humans who live out there, but I never saw any evidence of that myself. In fact, I have never seen any signs that there was a crash at all. Which makes me wonder if some old grognard just made the whole story up." :mrgreen:
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Rex »

Rida

"It sounds like we can't investigate the disc itself, the best we could do would be to look for anything left over that the cave dwellers have scavenged. Not sure how to find your Da Loyn if the green man took them away."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

Bugs joins the depressed angry Cobb and others in conversation. "Five hundred gold? Was that just your share? What did you guys get into?" Bugs seems impressed by the score and wants details.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

Gyb sits in the corner, nursing his last ale so slowly that it might actually evaporate before he finishes drinking it. He joins the group to hear the tale of the flying disc.

"Gyb has heard of flying carpets. A common thing for wise wizards. But disc? This sounds strange to Gyb."

"The green man? A goblin Gyb thinks. In the caves, we saw many of them."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Hotgoblin

#266 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf fighter

Loyn responds to Cobb, “Yes, it’s a dog biscuit, I’m not sure what it does. Our wizard friend was going to study it for me. Unfortunately, he took it with him when they left the Keep. Not too happy with that choice, but life goes on…well it better for him! What do you know about the effects of the biscuits? He looks devastated to learn his father was taken, “So you think my Da and his party were all taken somewhere in a giant egg? That sounds like something from out of this world! They’re probably all dead!” He slumps down to the ground crushed from the news.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Don't give up hope Loyn. More difficult to find, probably, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are all dead. We will keep looking at the caves and maybe we will find some sort of clue yet."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#268 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cobb allows the others to join him and Loyn at his table.

"I aint sure exactly, but Groyn always said that Bene started talking once he ate a mysterious magic dog biscuit, so maybe......."

He then turns to Bugs, who asked about the 500 coins he is owed.

"Yep, it were 500 gold. Me and him found a buried sack out near them caves once. We figured it was a bit too much for someone to carry all the way back to town, so they just buried it next to a tree where we easily discovered the disturbed ground and dug it up ourselves. It were 1000 gold coins, and we were going to split it evenly. That was right before he vanished, and I aint seen a single coin since."

Once the conversation turns to the Caves area again and something is mentioned about a flying disk......

"One person told me they saw the disk shoot up into the sky afterwards, then blink out in an instant. I don't know any magic items that can do that, so maybe they did get sucked into some other world or something. Whatever it was, I want my 500 gold back, dammit!"
Hotgoblin

#269 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn Dwarf fighter

“Hmm…Interesting, guess I need to find me a reliable loving dog, that is deserving of speech and need to get that biscuit back from Crabgrass sooner than later. Although, I don’t know where the mage is.” He thinks for a bit and says to Cobb,“I wonder if it was actually real gold or like the fake stuff we had found in the caves. Like I said previously, come with us and whatever treasure we find take double your share, I’m not greedy like my father, I won’t take any. That’s what I can offer you. We could search the area you found the gold as well, could be reburied somewhere else. And maybe we find something more about me Da’s adventuring party in the process.”
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Any dog you raise from a puppy will be deserving of talking."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#271 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cobb takes a big gulp of the warm swill left in his tankard, wiping his dripping mouth on a dirty sleeve.

“For a double share of treasure, I would join almost any cause.”

“Where should we go first? The Caves? The spot where we found the gold? Both those spots are to the north.”

“When do you plan on leaving?”
Hotgoblin

#272 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn Dwarf Fighter

He ponders Cobbs’s question and looks around the table, “I think we’re leaving soon, I’m good with going today still! Bugs, did you find out any info about where Crabgrass and the other group went? I’d be less anxious if I got my biscuit back.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Agreed, lets get moving."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

"I think so, Loyn. Sabine said they went out to deal with the bandits. So kinda on the way to the caves, right?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#275 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For those of you still following along, we can move this action back here now: viewtopic.php?p=706787#p706787

Return to “Areas of the Keep”