Lupre

Revenant
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Lupre

#261 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik "Yup an their actions tell me they weren't true knights. They acted like brigands merely dressed as knights."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Sloopy too, I shouldn't be surprised."
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#263 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Will stop by where Mave, Byrne, and Torvik are chatting on her way out: Just a dab of truth... I'll see you at the Rover come dusk.

Thena will make her way by the Merchant's guild looking for Mr. Tallow and should she fail there she will make her way to his home.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne heads to the Rover at dusk.
GreyWolfVT

#265 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik heads to the local temple/church to see how his recruits are fairing and to find out if Morwen has learned anything new. After that he will check back in on Mallorean at the tavern then head to the Rover at the appointed time.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#266 Post by Revenant »

Thena heads to the merchant guildhouse only to find it in embers same as the ranger's guildhouse. So she makes her way to Mr. Tallow's house and is kept at the door by Tallow's servant. The servant asks you to wait outside while he relays your message to Mr. Tallow. The servant returns and says Mr. Tallow is much too busy to meet with you right now and that he will meet you at your father's inn later tonight to discuss a proposition with you.

Torvik makes his way to the keep, the townsfolk still tense from the attacks keep a watchful eye on the dwarf as he makes his way to the temple which ascribes to no one god but only to the Healing Hand. It is easily the largest building in town and easy to find. You make are about to make your way inside when you find your recruits coming out along the now fully healed Kade. On your way to the inn you meet Morwen accompanied by a young woman who she introduces as Liviel Ambergyle, the niece of Sir Linus. They accompany you to the inn.

The inn is quite busy by the time you reach it, no doubt because of the earlier attacks, people are seeking some sense of normalcy, and the inn provides that. Thena, Wilwarin, Mave, Bryne and Athan already have a table, when Torvik and his company arrives. There are few empty tables tonight and Thena's family is very busy providing food and drink to what appears to be nearly half the town. Your rather large group gathers round the table which is quickly filled with ale, stew and fresh bread. You note the bard Mallorian has set himself up as the night's entertainment and is singing and strumming to the crowd.

Though the day was an ominous one, there is some relief that what remains of the town can seek comfort at the Rover's Return'd Inn. You all introduce yourselves and take comfort with the inn's fare.
GreyWolfVT

#267 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik sort of shakes his head and chuckles to himself "Well I be damned tha bard did show up. Figured he's stay at tha tavern and drink and try ta convince folk ta play cards."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne will try and enjoy her meal as she ponders everything that has happened.
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#269 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Spends some time with her family, hugs all around and grateful none fell to the incursion. When she can pull her father away for a moment: Pa pa, a prisoner indicated that the attack was was directed at the rangers guild and an object contained in the merchant guilds warehouse. Would you know anything about what what might have been of interest in the warehouse? How about Mr. Tallow? Can he be trusted?

Sitting down with her comrades and newly found friends she digs into the meal happy knowing her family is safe for the moment. To no one in general she related her encounter with Mr. Tallow.
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#270 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Before she takes leave from the Captain's office, she will relate the story of the party's encounter with the three hanged guards and give him directions to where they found the bodies. She won't relate more than he needs to know, keeping the details of what they encountered before and after they found the guards, to herself.

She will then make her way to the inn to join the others, waiting for Wilwarin and walking with her to the inn. When they are alone on their walk she will discuss with Wilwarin what they should reveal to other parties, if anything.
GreyWolfVT

#271 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik chatting among those at the table "If tha rangers weren't already hard pressed at other fronts I'd send word fer Commander Dine ta send more Rangers ere. I'm thinkin Lupre be needin all the protection we can offer. But maybe we can work on fortifyin tha place, afore we go off after tha rest of them brigands."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Good ideas Torvik. We might also want to do some scouting to make sure the area is clear while the town works on increasing it's defenses."
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#273 Post by Revenant »

Edmur keeps the food and drink flowing as you talk. The inn is nearly filled with people and Thena's family is barely keeping up with all the requests. Edmur does find a few moments to answer Thena's questions about Tallow, "I don't know him well but he comes here fairly often for dinner. Loves your ma's apple pie. Rumor is he's quite rich and a bit of skinflint. Barely leaves a few coppers as a tip. But he is well-connected with the merchant's guild. He lives alone in that big old house with just him and his servants. If he has a family I've never seen them." A nearby table calls for refills and Edmur says, "We'll talk more later," as he dashes off to wait the table.

Athan sitting at the table remarks, "I'm off to Belay in the morning to fulfill the rogue's request. One of the guards delivered the letter and I mean to deliver it. I'd rather be gone before they hang them tomorrow. But I'll send word care of Thena's father when I reach the city."

Liviel pipes up, "Careful sir, a holy knight in the city of a thousand sins. There is no telling what trouble you might get yourself into," she says half-jokingly. "And as to the rest of you, I'd like to throw in my lot with you after the funerals. There's nothing holding me here anymore. The store is near-destroyed and I intend to get my sister to see reason." Morwen sitting next to her adds, "I've pledged myself to Sir Linus' family so I will be assisting her. I can't let my mentor's niece go off without protection. We're practically cousins...almost since I was Sir Linus' heir."

Mallorean begins to sing a mournful ballad as a storm grows with the falling darkness...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVUGV0pRXxw
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin is still troubled by the mysterious Magus, and the disappearance of Zaella.

She busies (and distracts) herself with looking after her borrowed horse – with the stable burned she regards the animal as her responsibility.

Mave

Before she takes leave from the Captain's office, she will relate the story of the party's encounter with the three hanged guards and give him directions to where they found the bodies. She won't relate more than he needs to know, keeping the details of what they encountered before and after they found the guards, to herself.

She will then make her way to the inn to join the others, waiting for Wilwarin and walking with her to the inn. When they are alone on their walk she will discuss with Wilwarin what they should reveal to other parties, if anything.
About the plot we unwittingly uncovered, the least said the better, I believe. There are people we can trust here, but there are more we cannot. Words have wings.

Once we have time to ourselves, we must make a plan, however.

At the inn, Wilwarin is a quiet, withdrawn figure. She was never sociable, and years of study have not helped.

When Athan announces his departure, she leans in to respond:

I wish you a safe journey. Your sword and your honour have served us well in these last few days, and we shall miss your company

Turning to Liviel and Morwen: I welcome your company. I, too, would like to free your sister freed from whatever thrall she is under. We must talk, Liviel, about what happen to both of you. Tomorrow. A conversation for daylight and open air, yes?
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#275 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

A bit sullen, thinking about the attack upon her town, the place she grew up... there will be some kind of retribution.Yes, but that path has yet to be illuminated.

You will both be missed... Liviel, Morwen. Our paths will cross again, of that I am sure.

Thena keeps an active eye out for Mr. Tallow and any other oddities in the crowed.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"My new found brother, Athan. Be very careful and return safely."
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#277 Post by Revenant »

The night goes on as you all talk quietly amongst yourselves. Liviel responds to Thena, "I'm afraid you won't be shed of me that easily. I owe you my life and I intend to repay that debt. So I will continue to follow you good folk, until you tire of my company and point me towards the door." Then looking to Wilwarin with a warm smiles says, "Yes, I owe you our tale at the very least. When there are less ears to hear it, I will relate anything you ask of me."

Bryne feels a reluctance at the thought of Athan leaving when they have only just connected, but he has a task to do and hopefully will return when it is complete. Though there is some comfort at meeting fellow rangers of the horn with Torvik and his merry band. Both Kade and Ruskin were handsome young men and Vari, a sharp-witted amiable young lass, so Bryne found herself greatly enjoying their company as she drank probably more than she should.

After more drinks, food and song from the bard Mallorean, your eyes are suddenly drawn to the door as a cool breeze blows in, followed by a lean immaculately dressed older man in a hooded coat and two heavily armed bodyguards who scan the room looking for potential trouble. Those at the table hear Edmur exclaim, "Mr. Tallow, so good to see you again this fine eve." Then the two talk softly and Edmur turns to look in Thena's direction as does Mr. Tallow's one good eye, his other white as a candle. Tallow and his two guards then make their way towards your table.
Tallow.jpg
Tallow.jpg (57.95 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Tallow speaks in a deep, formal voice, "My apologies for interrupting you good folk." He then turns to his two guards and tells them to go wait by the door for him. After the two leave,Tallow looks directly at Thena, "I understand young lady, that you visited my home earlier and requested a meeting with me. I assume it is in regard to the posting I placed in your father's inn. May I?," he asks indicating an empty seat at the table. He sits down throwing back the hood on his coat revealing neatly trimmed grey hair, "Now shall we discuss what you can do for me?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne, looks him and the guards over carefully, then settles in to listen.
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#279 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Nods as the man takes a seat. Thinking back to the ignored posting she smiles: Yes, your note is of interest... as well as what was so interesting in the merchants guild warehouse to bring such an attack on our fair town. She will gesture to one of her sisters to bring their new guest a refreshment.
GreyWolfVT

#280 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik stays seated and listens to the conversation with Mr. Tallow trying to learn what he can of what is happening in Lupre since he as only just arrived and encountered what he woulc classify as chaos, and mayhem. This meal being the first real normal thing aside from the tavern celebration prior after defeating fake knights.

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”