First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

#241 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Geert sees Littbarsky reel from the blow of some unseen foe and reacts by shoving his axe into his belt and knocking an arrow to bowstring. He takes up a position well back from the dwarf, hoping for sight of the new enemy. He looses a shot if he gets line of sight and it will not endanger his fellows.

Short bow to hit/damage: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17; [1d6] = 5
Yorick
Squire
Squire

#242 Post by Yorick »

I think Cormac's in range aint he?

he'll move to attack Mr. Big
Swing and a miss...
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#243 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry - Cleric

EDIT TO ORIGINAL POST -

Henry waits with the main party, holding the lantern aloft for best visibility. He scans the area for Lardo, being the worrywart that he is...
Last edited by badams30 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Zhym »

Little Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third tries again to find a nice spot where he won't be noticed.
Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#245 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Hearing a commotion in the north hallway, Lardo moves into the supply room, toward the northern exit. "Come on, Henry," he growls, "get your lantern in here."
Failure is always an option.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Spearmint »

Littbarsky

Reeling from the blow to his numbskull, he pays the price for only paying the price of leather not chainmail, that and not ducking quick enough.

With no where to go except retreat, Littabarsky stands his ground in the corridor and bashes his spear on his shield. "Okay, big pig, you wanna play?" he says and stabs a piercing lunge at the chief orc.

spear melee vs orc [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 damage [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Yorick
Squire
Squire

#247 Post by Yorick »

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#248 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum Paharis

Excited as he is by the thrill of killing an orc, Eglistrum is smart enough to realize that his journey to the caves will be shorter than he would like if he tries to make hand-to-hand combat a new hobby. Hearing the sounds coming from the hallway, he realizes something is going on, but he does not wish to get in the way of those whose stock-in-trade is the slicing and dicing of orcs, and other nasty humanoids.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#249 Post by Spartakos »

I'd prefer you keep it to one round at a time, just so it's clear what rolls are being applied to what. it's really not kosher to apply a roll after you already know what the results are for a given target.

I will apply the roll you already made for this round, and the first of that trio for next round. I'm going to discard the other rolls.
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#250 Post by badams30 »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Hearing a commotion in the north hallway, Lardo moves into the supply room, toward the northern exit. "Come on, Henry," he growls, "get your lantern in here."

Henry quickly makes his way up, following Lardo's instructions.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#251 Post by Spartakos »

Initiative:
Initiative for monsters: [1d6] = 2
Initiative for party: [1d6] = 4

When the orc hits the floor, Henry and Lardo head into the room, Henry raising his lantern high to shed light all about. Enough light shines down the north corridor to reveal the heavily armored orc and his female companion. With a growl, Cormac flings himself down the passageway, axe raised. Littbarsky, recovering from the blow to his head, lowers his spear and joins him.

Geert unlimbers his bow and takes up a position at the south edge of the hall, and speeds an arrow at the big orc over Littbarsky's head before he and the Lamoran close to melee. His arrow drives into a chink in the orc's armor, causing a grunt (5 damage). He snaps off the shaft as though it were an annoyance, but then has to grunt again and bare his teeth as Littbarsky drives a spearpoint into his thigh (5 more damage; 10 total). Cormac swings, but the big orc deflects it with his shield, and then lunges at the hated dwarf, driving right through his armor (5 damage, taking Littbarsky to 0). The dwarf goes down, blood rapidly pooling around him. The female orc slashes at Cormac, drawing a line of blood on one brawny thigh (3 damage; Cormac is at 6 HP). He thinks the wound minor, but rapidly feels a burning sensation as his leg starts to go numb.
(Cormac, please roll a save vs. Poison at +2)

Rolls: Actions?
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by KingOfCowards »

Aron will follow the sounds of battle. If he can do anything to stabilize Littbarsky, he will.
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#253 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Geert hangs back, cursing under his breath and looking for an opening to let another arrow fly without danger to his comrades.

Short bow to hit/damage: [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7; [1d6] = 6
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#254 Post by Spartakos »

Geert, I'm not clear if you're shooting or not, or under what circumstances.
If you shoot now, you will be firing into (with a chance of hitting Cormac).
Yorick
Squire
Squire

#255 Post by Yorick »

Well I wanted Cormac to take another swing but I guess he'll start frothing at the mouth? :[ If he can still fight though he'll do so.
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#256 Post by Spartakos »

Alas, Cormac feels the numbness spread tendrils through his limbs, and shortly collapses to the floor to twitch uncontrollably for a bit before lapsing into unconsciousness.

2 Things:
1.) Geert, you now have a clear line of sight to shoot, if you wish.
2.) Aron, you may still move to try to attend to Littbarsky...but you should be aware that with both front-liners down, you would leave yourself wide open to being attacked by both orcs. Do you with to continue that action, or try something else?
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#257 Post by KingOfCowards »

EDIT: Aron rushes down the passage to see both fighters down. His eyes open wide with terror as the menacing figures look his way. From the look of the dwarf's wound, he will not last long without help. "Help me!", he beseeches Brother Henry as he raises his mace to attack.
Attack with Mace: [1d20] = 15, Damage: [1d6] = 6

With our two front line fighters down, this might be a rout. If we can stabilize Littbarksy and drag both out of the front line, we might be able to hold them up for a few rounds with our best armor classes up front. Or we just add more bodies to the slaughter...we'll soon see.
Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#258 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Lardo looks at Henry and unsheathes his short sword. "We can't lag back and watch them get slaughtered, lad," he says. "I'm going to drag the Lamorian out of there."

Am I in range to throw a knife before I head into the fray?
Failure is always an option.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Zhym »

How far is Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third from the action? Is there any way to plausibly move around behind the orcs while remaining in shadows (assume he's hidden in the first place)?
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#260 Post by Spartakos »

Here is a map of locations, as of the end of last round (when Cormac keeled over).

Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third is approximately 45' from where the 2 orcs are standing (with your 2 stricken companions laying right in front of them). I'm afraid he has no chance of slipping past them without being noticed, in their current positions.

Lardo is about 40' away, and out of knife range (10/20/30 feet); you could advance and then throw a knife, but all movement precedes attacks, so you'd need to stop and then finish closing to melee next round.

Aron, which target are you attacking? If you don't respond by the tomorrow night, I'll just roll randomly.

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”