(CLOSED) To Find a Wizard

Antman9
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: To Find a Wizard

#241 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble hearing the leader's words the gnome starts looking for another rock or a really big stick that would work well as a club.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: A new Day

Mumble clutches a rock, eagerly anticipating the arrival of another spider, but none come. 8:00 am rolls around and the sun has begun making its way up into the sky. No further intrusions come from Spiders, or anything for that matter. The usual giant insect calls and fluttering are the only noises to be heard. The sky is clear and blue.

What you know so far
> Netheril received word of strange events and creatures about the town of Hommlet
> Netheril has lost contact with a fellow Wizard in the Hommlet of Gillian
> The wizard lives in a tower, the only tower, in Gillian.
> Trees suddenly sprung up on the Prairie following a loud horn sound on June 29th while in route to Gillian.
> The prairie seems to be filled with giant insects now.
> There seem to be Giant Rock Spiders in the vicinity of Gillian.

The Party:
Crow
Zee
Mumble
Brodie
Laffy
Xirtan

The Bad Guys
Rock Spider Dead

Rate of Travel: ~3 mi/hr (dirt path)
(The Hommlet of Gillian is located in the unnamed town just east of the “Wood Elf Home” marked on the “Local Area Map” in the “Maps” thread.)

Actions!

Calendar:
7:02 am
June 30th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 6:37/8:24
Temp: 81.0 °F
Visibility: 10.0 Miles
Wind: 8.1 mph NW
Condition: Clear
Humidity: 79%
Moon Rise/Set: 9:30 am/10:38 pm
Moonlight: Waxing 10%
(2014-KFMY)
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by MonkeyWrench »

[Crow - Human Assassin, lvl 0] (HP:10/10) (AC:13)
Action: Time to move

Crow gets his things packed together and enjoys a quick morning meal, waiting for the others to do the same before calling out, "Alright, let's move in cautiously and see what we can find. If possible I'd like the smaller and quieter members to scout ahead so we don't fall into some kind of trap. Also..." He looks to Mumbles, "I haven't seen you fight with a weapon this entire time, by choice or some other reason?" Without waiting for a reply Crow grabs a dagger from his waist and holds it out to Mumbles, the blade gleams with a slight magical light. He gives Mumbles a questioning glance, waiting for him to either accept the blade or refuse it.

I have a +1 dagger I'm not using.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Dram »

Brodie Vonpoopin - Kobold Sorcerer 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 6)
Actions- Packing up, Getting ready to move out

I'z beeze readies. Maybeez ifz ourz flying frienz canz upz tooze warnz uz ofz troublez.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#245 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble shrugs hands held up and a silly look on his face

until seeing the dagger all shiny then he lights up even audibly so "Oooooh!" shaking his head yes he reaches out and takes the dagger.

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: A new Day

Xirtan and Laffy move up ahead of the party to scout the lay of the land. When Crow, Zee, Mumble, and Brodie arrive at the outskirts of Gillian, some 40 minutes later, they find Laffy and Xirtan hunkered at the side of the road behind a tree.

Xirtan and Laffy perform a periphery inspection of town and report report no movement of any kind in town, only dead spider carcasses of varying sizes, both rock-like and normal, along with a few other strange rock-like creature carcasses, the nature of which can no longer be determined.

As the party enters the now barren city they discover a large gnarled disfigured tree planted in the middle of the road leading into town. As they approach it comes to life. It’s branches creak and moan, roots part the soil, its trunk splits in two and become legs. A giant face appears two-thirds of the way up the trunk and a slow deep voice calls out, “Trouble, you will not let us rest…” The Treant opens its eyes and stomps toward the party in a menacing manner. It halts a short distance away. “Oh, you are not crawly things. I do not know you. Your intent is what? Do you have intent? Shall I stomp you? laborem et aspicient ad me quem vos conturbant .” it leans down and eyes the party with a hot woody breath of mossy air. It slowly extends a leaf-bare branch toward Brodie and gently pokes him in the chest, trying to determine the meaning or purpose of him. There are bits of spider, legs and other chitinous parts, protruding from the roots/feet of the giant tree. A rustling sound is heard behind the party. Turning they see several smaller versions. of varying sizes, shapes, and varieties, of the larger Treant, moving in the party's direction. They stap a short distance away and look on with curious glances between them. They do not speak, they only watch.
Treant.jpg
Treant.jpg (287.94 KiB) Viewed 785 times
What you know so far
> Netheril received word of strange events and creatures about the town of Hommlet
> Trees suddenly sprung up on the Prairie following a loud horn sound on June 29th while in route to Gillian.

The Party:
Crow
Zee
Mumble
Brodie
Laffy
Xirtan

Other
Treant

The Bad Guys

(The Hommlet of Gillian is located in the unnamed town just east of the “Wood Elf Home” marked on the “Local Area Map” in the “Maps” thread.)

Actions!

Calendar:
7:40 am
June 30th, 9001

(2014-KFMY)

Translations
laborem et aspicient ad me quem vos conturbant .: toil and trouble you look to me.

GreyWolfVT

#247 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble smiles and waves hello to the tree-men things. "Hello."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Dram »

Actions- Surprised never seeing a treant before

Weeze meanz noze harmz. Weeze herze lookinz forz thez wizard.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

stephberg
Scout
Scout

#249 Post by stephberg »

[Zee - Rogue - lvl 0] (hp: 9/10) (AC: 14)
Actions: NO - WAY!

With the excitement of a child on Christmas morning and a smile just as wide, Zee sprints to the front of the pack.

"I knew it. I knew the stories were true! My mom said it was just stories from old wanderers trying to out do the next! But I knew you were real!!!"

Zee leaps towards the Treant, arms outstretched, as if he was meeting a lost friend returning from a long, long, journey. He wraps his arms as far around one leg as he can.

"This has got to be the best day ever!"

Dexterity [3d6+2] = 13+2 = 15
or
Grapple [3d6+1] = 12+1 = 13
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Action: treant dealings

Crow looks up to the treant as it inspects the group, taking a careful glance to the smaller treants moving towards them as well. "We come from Dragons Belch, searching for a wizard that our employer has lost contact with. This should be the town of Gillian correct?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#251 Post by Antman9 »

Xirtan– Kobold Magic User 1] (SP: 10/17) (HP: 14/14) (AC: 10)
Actions: Hides behind Crow

Xirtan shivers at the sight of the massive hulking tree and hides behind Crow. Peeking out from between Crow's legs, Xirtan watches the tree closely.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: Dead things Everywhere!!!

The Treant looks closely at Mumble and Brodie, listens to their words, and says, “No, you are not Human.” The Treant glances at Crow and begins to move in his direction when Zee leaps onto his leg yelling, "This has got to be the best day ever!" The Treant shakes his leg trying to free himself of the little thing. “What is this, not a Human, no.

Crow finally pipes up: "We come from Dragons Belch, searching for a wizard that our employer has lost contact with. This should be the town of Gillian correct?"

The Treant eyes Crow closely and takes a few steps, shaking the leg several more times trying to free himself of the parasite. His eyes narrow and he leans in close to Crow. “You, are Human. Your kind killed my ancestors. I was the last…until…” He looks at the young Treants behind the party and gives a grand barky smile and laughs loudly, shaking all of his branches. The smile disappears and looking back at Crow with a serious frown. “You, I do not trust. There are no Wizards here, only nasty little critters. I have children to teach.” And with that he reaches down, plucks Zee from his foot, brings the little thing up close to his face, and with a dirt-musty breath says, “You are a feisty little thing. You, I like.” He smiles and places Zee next to Brodie and Mumble, and steps past the party toward the smaller Treants. “The nasties you may have.

Hommlet of Gillian
Gillian_2.jpg
Gillian_2.jpg (379.75 KiB) Viewed 779 times
What you know so far

The Party:
Crow
Zee
Mumble
Brodie
Laffy
Xirtan

Other
Treant

The Bad Guys
n/a

Actions!

Calendar:
7:50 am
June 30th, 9001

(2014-KFMY)

Translations

GreyWolfVT

#253 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble "Nasties?" the mostly silent gnome asks with a shrug.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Action: Well, how rude.

Crow looks to Mumbles, returning the halfling's shrug with one of his own. He dons his bow and knocks an arrow, heading carefully into the town to inspect the treant's work on killing the spiders. He will head to the nearest corner and then look over into the town proper, looking for the tower in question.

stephberg
Scout
Scout

#255 Post by stephberg »

Actions: It can't be you

Zee stares at Crow as he walks by. "But that wasn't you, was it Crow? It was too long ago, it couldn't have been you, you're different, you're not like them...no, what am I saying..." with a bit of a laugh, he watches the Treant walk with the little ones then pulls and ax from his belt. Zee runs up behind Crow, looking in all directions with his free hand on the pocket containing Fen. "Xirtan, come on!"
"Do you see anything? what's out there? Man there's a lot of webs around here. I wonder if we'll see more rock spiders, oh, what kind of new spiders might there be? I wonder what other 'Nasties', heehee, nasties, that's a funny word...nasties, naaaaaassssstIEs."
Zee giggles a few more times saying "nasties" in various different ways, and giggling some more, completely forgetting the task at hand.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by Antman9 »

Xirtan– Kobold Magic User 1] (SP: 10/17) (HP: 14/14) (AC: 10)
Actions: Keeps an eye on the Treant

Xirtan keeps a wary eye on the Treants and follows the others. His focus stays on the Treant as he jogs to catch up with the others. In his overwhelming urge to keep an eye on the strange talking plant he bumbles into Zee blurting out, "Oh!" and whispers, "Trees should no talk or walk should they?" while keeping an eye on the Treants.

stephberg
Scout
Scout

#257 Post by stephberg »

Actions: Sure they can!

"I only know about from the stories I've heard. I was told they are an old proud folk, here to protect the balance between those that cannot defend themselves and those that would take advantage of it. I never knew they had a war with the humans. I'd like to think things would be different now. I'd always hoped I'd meet one, I just knew they were real! I wish we had them back home, we'd help them, help take care of them. Oh! I should go tell him! Our folk take care of the land so it takes care of us! I wonder if he's still there...."
Zee cranes his neck to look for the Treant

GreyWolfVT

#258 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble: The Gnome Thief takes out the dagger given to him and follows the others.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#259 Post by Nuke66 »

Laffy the pixie is happy to see the return of the treants. "I too have been told of the trees, but never saw one."

He continues to fly around the big one popping in and out of sight.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Dram »

Actions-
Looking at the talking trees

Myze Teazcherz toldz meeze storieze oz themz butz heeze saidz heeze nezer sawz onez eitherz.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”