The Raven's and Permafrost's start

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Raven's and Permafrost's start

#241 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa tries to ensure Raven gets no blood on her flawless blue skin. :)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I is so a hero now! :lol:

Raven leans against the wall, holding his biggest injuries to try and apply pressure to them, he looks Elsa over to see if she had gotten scratched at all before exhaling loudly,"I'm glad that's over for now, you okay?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Rukellian »

The sound of typing can be heard loudly an distinctly from one of the rooms ahead. Though you can no longer hear any more creatures, a slight grumbling takes its place.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven listens to the typing, "Do you hear that? Sounds like typing"

Is the typing coming from behind the wall of ice or behind us down the other way?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Rukellian »

Behind the thin wall of ice.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Of course it is... :cry: :cry:
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by tooleychris »

Permafrost creates an archway in the ice wall that they can walk through.
Permafrost Control Ice (20) [1d100+30] = 55+30 = 85

And quietly approaches the sound.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven approaches with her, keeping alert for anymore of those creatures.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by tooleychris »

If someone is using an old tic-a-tap typewriter, I'm not sure what Permafrost can do. They're already frozen...in the past. :)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:If someone is using an old tic-a-tap typewriter, I'm not sure what Permafrost can do. They're already frozen...in the past. :)
Oh man I laughed :lol: :lol: :lol:
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by tooleychris »

have to count on Raven to CNTRL-Alt-DEL their ass.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Rukellian »

The typing noises come from a what appears to be central computer room. A large high tech labratory with someone at the computer inferface.... a big green man. "So... it would appear as if the distraction did not stop you two, interesting. Regardless, I have obtained what I came here for." He laughs a deep evil laugh as he types in one last command. "Rook Industries have definitely been dipping their resources into some VERY interesting projects. The power of ichnorite shall one day rule this world system, and when it does... my ARMY shall be ready to sweep away whatever is left of this world."

The big green man turns around and faces Raven and Permafrost.
green computer room.jpg
green computer room.jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 710 times
changed human for campaign.png
changed human for campaign.png (175.71 KiB) Viewed 710 times
"And you shall not get in the way of my ambitions!" He prepares to make a lunge at you guys, but then something starts to blare out of the speaker system... a song?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb4Q-2TueEM

"It would appear as if I am about to be outnumbered, sometimes a hasty retreat is in order." Distant explosions can be heard and felt rumbling through the complex, someone is blowing the place up! Debris starts to fall as the song on the speakers start to blare even louder. "Yes, a hasty retreat indeed, no need to pointlessly fight 3 at once." The big green man super leaps out of the area before Raven and Permafrost can even say or do anything. The room shakes again and the explosions seem to sound off closer and closer as the song starts to play a very distinct messsage. Then a very familiar voice starts to speak up from behind Raven....

"Ah there is a familiar face. Hello Raven!" A man walks out casually from the shadows as he says this. "My but how you have changed, you didn't have those interesting wings the last time I saw you." A look of perplexity runs across Raven's face as the hero now becomes very confused. "What is the matter? You don't remember me? Ah well that is very interesting as I remember you all so very well." Venomous tones drip from this last statement, as an evil sneer stretches across the man's face.

This sequence and the next few are about to occur during the duration of the song. The song is meant to be played as soon as the link pops into the dialogue, for added effect of course.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Despite his injuries Raven takes a few steps back and tenses his body, ready for a fight. "Who are you? and if you know me so well then... who am I?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Rukellian »

The man laughs an evil laugh as he quickly responds. "Wouldn't you like to know? In due time you will find out Raven!"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks at the man, "Yes... I suppose I will." He then turns to Elsa, "It seems the man creating those creatures is gone and this place is falling apart, not to mention He's" Raven points towards the new person "is useless right now since he doesn't seem to want to give any answers, I say we get out of here before we're stuck, you in?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Rukellian »

"This is going to be so much fun!" The man then laughs maniacally and speeds away like a blur. As he is leaving, his voice echoes off in the distance, "Farewell old FRIEND!" You can sense the anger in that last word but you have know idea why. It looks the man wanted to settle this with his explosives instead as more explosions can be heard close by. The song's message is all that remains in the background of the crumbling complex.

If this were a video game, there would be a timer right now in the top of your screen. I suggest you do something quickly, if anything at all! ;)
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by tooleychris »

"When a ship is sinking, it's best to follow the rats!"
Elsa screams above the explosions.
"Shall we follow your friend?"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the building quakes and explosions crumble walls and ceilings Raven yells out "Couldn't hurt! Let's go!" He then runs off in the direction that the man ran to as they escape the complex
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Rukellian »

When making your escape, I would like for each of you to make a coordination check versus falling debris.

As Raven and Permafrost attempt to back track their way through the crumbling complex, they find the main hallway blocked by a huge pile of rubble and dirt.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As raven attempts to escape his wounds from earlier catch up with him, making him stumble at times.

Coordination: Skill Check: [1d100] = 15

He reaches the blocked passage, "Can you freeze the debris and then break it away? If not we need to find another way"

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”