Tarsus para bellum

Tiglath
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tarsus para bellum

#241 Post by joertexas »

Prerna engages the merc threat while still maintaining her mental focus on Turner, firing a burst into the wounded but still dangerous man.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Tiglath »

Apols for the duplicate post that somehow slipped in... :roll:

Now removed - nothing to see here! :P :SAN:
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by shaidar »

Frank switches to a private comms channel with Prerna, and keeps his voice as low as possible

"Any chance you can safe that grenade, major?"
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:15 pm Frank switches to a private comms channel with Prerna, and keeps his voice as low as possible

"Any chance you can safe that grenade, major?"
"Probably, but I will have to let go of Turner's balls to do it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"If you can safe that grenade major, then I can deal with him."
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:57 am Frank

"Prerna copies." She checks to be sure her target is down, and then she wrenches Turner's package once more. Letting go, she focuses on holding the grenade (and it's pin in place), and rips it straight up and away from the hostage.
Last edited by joertexas on Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by shaidar »

Frank

As Frank talks to Prerna's he keeps his gun trained on Turner and makes his way to the dipped front of the g-carrier, using the bonnet for cover and to support his weapon.

"What's that? You always did talk bollox Turner. That's the problem with you imperials, you always think you are superior and can buy your way to anything you want. But you won't get Tarsus Turner, however much you spend, Tiarsus will remain free!"

He tries to make voice sound animated, emotional, to keep Turners attention on him, but inside he focuses his mind on his target, ready to fire as soon as Prerna's makes her move on the grenade.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by shaidar »

Frank continued

Frank mutters to Klaus over comms

"Lieutenant, have your men ready to target Turner and his comms man on my mark."

When he fires at Turner he'll give the command to Klaus.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:50 pm

"Prerna copies." She checks to be sure her target is down, and then she wrenches Turner's package once more. Letting go, she focuses on holding the grenade (and it's pin in place), and rips it straight up and away from the hostage.
Please make a Psi skill roll to apply the appropriate "focus"...

Apologies I should have asked for this earlier on! :roll:
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:22 pm
joertexas wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:50 pm

Please make a Psi skill roll to apply the appropriate "focus"...

Apologies I should have asked for this earlier on! :roll:
Roll[2d6]=8 + (unknown PSI skill, since she's linked with T'Lia) = ??
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Tiglath »

Frank and Prerna (and Klaus via visual relay on his comm)

All note the following occurences during their actions

(NB Talk is both cheap (in terms of PC actions) and the very fuel of roleplay...

So "costs" nothing. 8-) :D )

shaidar wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:12 pm Frank

As Frank talks to Prerna's he keeps his gun trained on Turner and makes his way to the dipped front of the g-carrier, using the bonnet for cover and to support his weapon.

"What's that? You always did talk bollox Turner. That's the problem with you imperials, you always think you are superior and can buy your way to anything you want. But you won't get Tarsus Turner, however much you spend, Tiarsus will remain free!"

He tries to make voice sound animated, emotional, to keep Turners attention on him, but inside he focuses his mind on his target, ready to fire as soon as Prerna's makes her move on the grenade.
Frank replies to Turner while local observers see the locals make their contribution.

The female LMG team rise from prone and the loader hoists the weapon's barrel onto her shoulder again bracing the weapon by gripping each leg of the bipod. Lockstep the gun team moves forward into the space Frank vacated. In tandem they then kneel using the G Carrier as cover from Turner's LOS. With her activated Wolfsangel tattoo burning a bright luminous green the loader [Vibeke] snarls at the 1188th Vet nearest Prerna (gaussrifle guy) "Imperial, all you will win here is your own end". Anni doesn't seem to bother with either diplomacy or translation "Ek man vega þik eins ok svín!" but her intent is nevertheless abundantly clear via tone. With the muzzle of her weapon now at crotch height she sights along the barrel (performs an aim action). As he calculates what 800+ rpm might do to his nether regions the gaussrifleman is "buzzed" by a light handspan sized drone flitting about quite literally "in his face".

Meanwhile the giant in the "snow" ghillie suit moves ever closer and braces his massively oversized rifle against his thigh. Bizarrely he winds the "windlass" required to cock his weapon which is mounted to the rear of the gargantuan rifle. Releasing the action another oversize round slams home into the breach stripped from the laterally mounted magazine. The big man then wrestles to bring the massive gun to bear.

Turner responds to Frank "Well, well Crossy - gone "native" 'ave you? Full on OutWorld activist is it? You fekkin' soapy git! CorpInt noted you was keepin' dodgy company - hangin' about with ruddy Cats an' far too many Swordies. Turned yer 'ead they 'ave. Hah, your ruddy 268 "Freedom" is dependent only upon on an Imperial decision about when an' where to apply ruddy overwhelming firepower! Now, you wants to unfek yer 'ead Crossy an' look to the money. Plenty to be 'ad for good soldiers out 'ere an' no needs to squabble over it!"

He pauses then offers "Hold up! All games aside Crossy. I'll offer you a new deal. 1188th walks away 'course - they're yer old comrades an' good lads. You can keep the rest you've caught or killed to cheer up the locals - do some hangin' or somesuch to big yerself up, eh? I'll give up the girl o' course an' offer you big money if you can come across with some Intel my top brass will like. We're talkin' proper money 'ere Crossy - big boys games now. I'll offer up my inbound ride as collateral. The crew might disagree but my Corporate contracted "latitude" will take care of that... ah... "wrinkle". Really doesn't matter if you or me offs 'em but the shuttle's yours pending. And... pending's the point".

"Fek me, Crossy, 'ave you gone over so far you might actually be useful? If you 'ave then you're in a new game". He laughs a little too readily "New game new rules. Whatever yer doin' 'ere we can work out. Corporate will pay you off or even facilitate a local "win" - even against us. Big picture game - somethin' I'm quite sure you never got. What was it with you always about the inevitable collateral?" He sighs "Now, I'm pretty sure Keening will sign off on almost anything you want if you can just give us a steer on the extra hand that's bein' played here. Corporate Intel's the nuts but even they don't know who's playin' the Big Blind in this game. Seems just recently someone's been givin' it to the Corporation right up the expenses account if you follow my meaning. They've got a bad burning itch to find out more 'bout an echo we picked up off of a contact on a lost Corporate asset on Avastan. Here's your result and bonus - one million creds, on top of unit expenses o' course, paid in solid or credit wherever you like for any actionable Intel on any person or entity known as Urvash Gudrun or Sorragh".

Then Turner again gasps in pain and involuntarily crouches behind his hostage/shield (denying him LOS to a shot) as he manages his own discomfort and apparent incomprehension at Frank's possible intransigence at his offers.
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:29 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:41 am Roll[2d6]=8 + (unknown PSI skill, since she's linked with T'Lia) = ??
Thanks, that's great post timing wise! :D

I'll briefly pause any action for any responses or indeed ripostes to the villainous(?) diatribe... ;) :SAN:
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:31 am
joertexas wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:41 am Roll[2d6]=8 + (unknown PSI skill, since she's linked with T'Lia) = ??
Thanks, that's great post timing wise! :D

I'll briefly pause any action for any responses or indeed ripostes to the villainous(?) diatribe... ;) :SAN:
Prerna is too focused on her activities to formulate anything other than a sense of satisfaction in taking the fight to Turner. :twisted:
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by shaidar »

Frank

Quietly over comms to Klaus: "Lieutenant, if any of your men have a chance at Turners comms man then take it."

To Turner:

"Sounds like someone is getting sloppy, and it's hitting the bottom line, I bet Keening is fuming, I'd hate to be in his sights. You think one mil credits is enough for me to forget you tried to kill me and my family? As for Urvash Gudrun, I know Van Owen goes bright red when that name is mentioned."
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#255 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus:

A little light headed from his wounds Klaus orders his team to engage the hostile comms man.

"Take out the comms man. No firing near the girl, no explosive rounds anywhere close to her."
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Tiglath »

Kit and Jess

Location of the Kruger farm: Purple dot

NB Terrain between the farm and river is mostly flat rolling veldt with occasional small hills or rock outcrops as tactical heights. Elevation rises away from the river towards the farm.
Tarsus Geo Local.jpg
Tarsus Geo Local.jpg (87.08 KiB) Viewed 143701 times
Copied over from IC thread for reference.

Select Recap:

T'lia surprises no one in describing the local civilian wear as denim trousers and workshirts with sturdy boots and caps or brimmed hats for eye comfort.

Frank states that SEMC will supply "dusters" that can contain a ballisitic cloth armour weave. Civvy gear is issued to all ranks.

Local Weaponry: Tarsus is solidly mid tech and therefore civilian variants of the ACR (firing slug ammo) or more likely inferior lower tech analogues are going to be prevalent for "home defence". Shotguns as a cheaper option for more multi role work, smaller calibre "plinkers" may also be present but of limited military use and "everyday carry handguns" are common as personal protection weapons.

Tac Update: T'lia cautions that thee is an active an viable military threat from the insurgents over the river and that any and all Tarsan farm workers are considered targets by these forces (who much prefer to attack and commit crimes against civilians). The incursions over the river are opposed by local militia forces. She states that the militia have been given "some assistance" by off world interests and although small in size are becoming more efficient. The "civilised" farms to the south offer a greater threat of military equivalent forces as they are known to hire mercenaries / hired guns as a solution to "boundary disputes".

Kit gets a "ping" on his comm from Voss (Adjutant) in the HQ "Captain, report in via QSM's cavalry piquets. Local force mounted infantry returning from an extraction mission with high value targets state that a Regimental sized raiding force is crossing the river southbound with hostile intent. I have no idea of the Son of the Star's military capacity or organisation but I would assume a militia, at least partially armed to local standard numbering up to one thousand combatants. We have the tech and mobility advantage and plenty of space. I suggest we turn that into enemy casualties and more time for evacuation and preparation of our defence. These people are religious fanatics who like fighting the local farmer's families and our cover here is as Mister Kruger's security. So, push out north and stop them. I'll liaise with the locals and see if we can fashion a strategy once you have them pinned in place. Take WO Ingridsdottir and her drones to make sure of no surprises and to map their comm nodes. If we can't kill them all we can certainly decapitate them".

Ref: Sgt Sergeant Isselbacher's report.
viewtopic.php?p=676667#p676667
Last edited by Tiglath on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Tiglath »

Klaus
dongriffiths wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:47 pm A little light headed from his wounds Klaus orders his team to engage the hostile comms man.

"Take out the comms man. No firing near the girl, no explosive rounds anywhere close to her."
Klaus sees the G carrier arrive at the next junction down and Erica East (who is also confusingly known as T'lia - must be a weird "officer thing") oddly stands straight up in the cockpit and then steps up and over the windshield and down the front glacis. She then marches distractedly down the street directly to his position. Looking at his leg in a strangely rare moment of focus she states "You're good. I'll fix you up in a moment. Sgt Ignis, please keep that pressure on the artery". (Wtf - medic bedside manner much lady??? :) )

Secured by the section's long guns about the crossroads and as directed by Klaus a close assault fire team forms of Ambrose, Bothai, Naffo and Reda Siegsson. With no need to communicate further the four "shooters" load full mags, charge their weapons and with affirmative nods simply advance steadily into the smoke. Almost simultaneously Klaus hears the four suppressed SnubSMGs engage. Then in half a heartbeat's time he hears the collapse of what may have been an opponent but, per favour of HEAP rounds, is now just "badly stacked meat".

Naffo sends "Target down".

(OOC: Four doorkickers, autofire, optimum range. That's the Earp brothers come to your corral! Mid move action he didn't even get the reactive snapshot off... :twisted: )

(OOC: NB More simultaneous (in game time) posts to follow...).
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus (see previous Klaus post)

NB Gathering lots of previously declared / tactically imperative actions all together which might leave Frank "filling in the blank(s)" i.e. with actions still to declare in this ongoing round.

A rather insouciant Prerna (is it just casual chic or merc sang froid? ;) 8-) ) softly vocalises something Frank can't comprehend and glances at Fríða. Accompanied by a shriek from the young woman the gaffer taped grenade tears off her chest and soars skywards and then south over the building line (to explode in the vacant street behind).

As the 1188th comms man bails from the downed G Carrier and makes for the blasted open shopfront doorway Frank sees darker shapes forming in the grey smoke to his left. The shapes move with deliberate military purpose.
shaidar wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:31 pm To Turner: "Sounds like someone is getting sloppy, and it's hitting the bottom line, I bet Keening is fuming, I'd hate to be in his sights. You think one mil credits is enough for me to forget you tried to kill me and my family? As for Urvash Gudrun, I know Van Owen goes bright red when that name is mentioned."
Turner reacts to the levitation of his IED with "Arrrgh! What the fek...?!? Ruddy devilment an' witchery!!!"

Then he gathers himself with a strangely renewed and undistracted vigour even as his erstwhile hostage collapses to the ground. Still seeming to regain more of his faculties Turner casually kicks the girl aside and autosnub in hand locks eyes with Frank. He replies calculating as ever and seemingly running many trains of thought "Sitrep Keening's fekked. He bought Avastan for trillions and it's a barren dirtball. Trailing Corporate's gonna off him for that... accounting error. He's desperate and scrabbling to retain any local forces he's got. Strat/Tac assessment: he's gettin' it - both ends. Van Owen? CorpInt rates him as... saving the Corpslang - equivalent to a demented local warlord. Now, that bloke Falstaff*, they rate him as a gamma level threat. Wot are you at Crossy... Psi operatives??? I sees that you've bin after me for a while now...".

Suddenly shocked he states "Fek, that was you all along at the Bartizan... So, are you 'im, then? Am I eye to eye with... the ruddy terror 'imself? Damn, Cross, I'll admit that I underestimated you! Fek me when you go Outworld you go fekkin' large!" He spits in Prerna's direction "In league with a Swordy witch bitch. Fekkit who ever knew? You know how much more 1188th could do if we could... harness that shit? Money's good for that".

Dragging his gaze from Prerna and switching subjects Turner addreses Frank "Now calm down 'cos you're excitable... The whole family threat thing was a lure to get you into talks. An' here we are talkin' - we're good. Keening's CorpInt agents are here an' they sees the connection between you an' Avastan. Pay you for a debrief. So many ways to make bank here that you can't seem to see".

Frank sees that as his focus is drawn to the apparently callous kick on the girl Turner is extending his gun arm. (Frank Int/Notice: 2d6 + 1: (5 + 4) + 1 = 10).

Just as the 1188th comms man seems to gain his ground four of Klaus' SEMC shooters clear the smoke. All immediately engage him. (OOC: Dang full auto HEAP's effective but not pretty!) Hit all over but significantly wounded in its more vulnerable legs the corpse has momentum enough to it carry on forward but moving on a shattered locomotion system causes it to fall and be caught up in the broken window frame of the blasted shopfront.

Naffo sends "Target down".

A laconic** Prerna engages the wounded 1188th rifleman nearest to her. Her first snapshot deflects off his chest armour. The rifleman replies in kind but his own snapshot goes well wide (OOC: Maybe unsurprising given his leg wound, distraction by drone and attempted fancy quick shootin').

Prerna's second snap shot hits her target's wounded leg penetrating the soft armour and the overdose of pain and bloodloss shuts her target down. He falls but his body's forward momentum is held up by the impact of a sustained burst of fire from the local force LMG. Anni tracks her target down and Vibeke moves with her as she rises from her haunches and advances a few paces to expend the full ammo belt.

(OOC:
Fifteen second combat round conducted in slow motion Sam Peckinpah Snapshot/AHL format

Prerna's fire on 1188th Vet (rifleman)
Snapshot #1: 2d6 = 10 [due to a temporary internet outage rolled on the GM's very own analogue 2d6] Old skool! Hit! :D
Locn: 1d8: 3 = 3 Chest AV 10 DS ammo = Pen 7 (Hullo?)
Result: 2d6 − 3: (1 + 2) − 3 = 0 No effect.
His reply: 2d6 − 1: (2 + 2) − 1 = 3
He's tanking a leg wound and attempting a snapshot... didn't end well.
Snapshot #2: 2d6: (2 + 4) = 6 +5 = Hit
Locn: 1d8: 7 = 7 On the Money (soft armour)!
Result: 2d6: (2 + 5) = 7 Light Wound
KO check (on top of previous wounds) = 1d6: 1 = 1 Fail.
Target is unconscious.

Until the sustained fire... well shiiit...

* Falstaff
Ref: viewtopic.php?p=550110#p550110

** Maybe channeling her inner Sparta? ;)
Last edited by Tiglath on Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by gurusql »

Kit

Kit hears the orders and plays a few dozen options in his mind. He does not want to under estimate the size of a thousand men.

"Looks like play time is over. Time to check out the grav belts and make sure everyone has a full supply of explosive grenades. The first thing that we need to do it understand their location and then figure out the target. All the superior firepower in the world will not help if that is not the case. he will load up the grav carriers. We leave in 7 minutes."

He will they find WO Ingridsdottir as the key to any engagement is first finding the enemy. "WO Ingridsdottir we can use your help in finding the unit and mapping the comm nodes."

The goal is to find the force and figure out how they are organized before engaging the enemy.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by shaidar »

Frank

Frank answers Turner with "I'm currently working in garbage disposal" and pulls his trigger. He then says over the radio "Turner is clear, now!"

Tiglath, I hope you don't mind if I leave it to you to work out the modifiers and roll the dice. He was using the g-carrier bonnet as support and has been aiming at Turner for the last few actions.

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”