Re: game discussion

#21 Post by Rex »

It went well for sure, no complaints.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by tibbius »

Investigation seems to be slower and tougher in chat than in pbp. Combat is the opposite. This session flowed quickly bc we had lots of combat and some roleplay, not too much npc interaction. Toward the end when we all were simultaneously asking the sheriff questions it started to get bogged down a little. The bit with the journal went really well.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

so what do you think of this adventure so far? glad you guys took the landslide route, surprised you didn't go back to confront corvair
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

It went well for sure. My concern with Corvair was it ending up involving the townsfolk, which I wanted to avoid. Maybe at some point we return and have something to say.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ravenn4544 »

i'm enjoying it. I definitely would have went back for Corvair against overwhelming odds - but you guys pulled it off! Maybe going back there is our next move? I'm not sure if this army is near the mines or not.

Tonight the Dice Gods were definitely on our side - and i am not complaining!
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I wanted to go back to confront Corvair, but maybe on the way back through. Besides the ogre heads on stakes probably will concern him when word gets back to him.

Those 20's I got for Ivan really helped in both the Ogre fight and against what remained of the small army. Quite enjoying it still. Will XP get added to the "good stuff" for last night's session?

Edit: NVM I see XP in OOC topic
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by redwarrior »

It was excellent. I wanted to go al assassin on Corvair, but I seemed outvoted. Sooner or later, I think we need to do something about a guy who is so willing to send us into a trap like that, assuming we stay in the area. Given all the descriptions of the townsfolk as ragged and beat down, I don't think he's very well loved. I don't know that they'd help us, but I don't think they'd try all that hard to stop us.

We were exceedingly lucky with the Ogres, but the hobgoblins when from "too easy" to "we're all gonna die" really fast.
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well red there were at least two of us wanting to go deal with Corvair. So the vote was split 50/50. At any rate. Copy of Ivan made and current. If we could remove the original post that might remove any mix ups. I added the gold from the ogre cave but not from the hobgoblins since we need to divide that up.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by ravenn4544 »

I’ll never underestimate a bless spell again. That turned some misses to important hits :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Bless is a great spell for sure, seen it turn the tide a few times over the years. We did well.
GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:I’ll never underestimate a bless spell again. That turned some misses to important hits :)
Yup that is why I decided to have it swapped out with one of the CLW that Ivan typically has 3 of. That bonus to hit can help in a rough fight.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by wolfpack »

bless is good, prayer is even better
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

I can't believe the luck when you face big opponents. you guys slaughtered a hill giant and an ogre in 2 rounds, that shouldn't be so easy at 1st level. the 20's were flying
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by redwarrior »

That was definitely a "high adventure" session tonight. Slaughtering Ogres and Hill giants without hardly trying, deadly arrow traps of doom, all after destroying an Orc/Hobgoblin Army. :-D
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

lol arrow trap was more deadly than a hill giant
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

We had good and bad luck tonight for sure. Lots of 20's rolled. Fun stuff. Loved the telepathic eagles.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

so overall impression of the module so far?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Good I am really liking it. The PC's seem to be "gelling" together better than in a normal pbp game. I loved the encounter with the giant, ogre and telepathic eagles. Fun to get some crazy rolls and see how it can quickly change things.
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Great! Funny how the roller in chat is just as fickle as the one on the forums.

Return to “Wolfpack's Chat Game (1e)”