[012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

ffilz
RotFuchs
Scout
Scout

Re: [011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

#21 Post by RotFuchs »

Tiglath wrote:...
The portly fellow then offers the flask to a scout who has recovered consciousness saying "Cognac, m'sieu?"

"Thanks mate...", says the scout and takes the flask with short breath. He is still dizzied and confused. "Where are we?", he asks as he looks around the room.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:Sara gives Vee a tight smile and shakes her head, refocusing on the instruments. "It's better to do something. Even if it's second-guessing an autopilot." She says, changing an optional vector to a more optimal one. After a short pause. "I thought I understood it, right? This part of flying with ...friends. But I didn't. Until now."
"It's hard when someone you love gets hurt," Vee glances back through the cockpit door. "We are doing our very best to help them, although the maintenance techs won't be happy when they see our power settings."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Tiglath »

The portly, balding man who offered the flask seems distressed and focusses on the care of casualties that the rescue team have suffered.

He replies to the rescued "scout""You are on a House Foix shuttle, m'sieu. We return you from your ordeal with the spiders to the safety of the star port but, alas, the rescue has cost us dearly". Looking back to the two figures laid on the shuttle's deck he draws an emotional breath and returns to tending both the wounded as best he can.

The "rescue team" are heavily armed with automatic weapons and all look as if they are now coming down from the adrenaline that took them through a firefight - the shuttle's passenger bay reeks of cordite. A number of the shuttle's crew wear uniform vacc suits with a noble house's heraldic motif on the chest.

(OOC: Dependant on the timing we have about four or five casualties to extract from a definitively "hot" LZ with only about the same number of able bodied PCs. Grimaud's going to be far too distracted to spare any effort pulling the Vargr from his natural environment either as a trophy or a science project! I imagine the vargr is much more likely to end up on board having been "volunteered" as a "stretcher bearer" - but would have every chance to get off again if he wished).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Dependant on the timing we have about four or five casualties to extract from a definitively "hot" LZ with only about the same number of able bodied PCs. Grimaud's going to be far too distracted to spare any effort pulling the Vargr from his natural environment either as a trophy or a science project! I imagine the vargr is much more likely to end up on board having been "volunteered" as a "stretcher bearer" - but would have every chance to get off again if he wished).
Ah yes, that makes sense. A quick reaction roll of 11 resolves the issue... The Vargr does indeed wind up aboard the launch having helped move casualties. Seeing others strap into fold down benches in the cargo hold, he does so also as the shuttle lifts into the air.

Shortly after liftoff, Foix comes round.

The launch makes a quick run to the starport and lands next to the Kiara Surabi (actually docking while the Kiara Surabi is on the ground is not a quick maneuver - the launch bay is on the underside of the ship) and Dame Ananya and Scout Vivian come running out to help with the transfer of casualties. Ana is quickly loaded into the autodoc which starts administering anti-venom and muscle relaxant and after a tense 20 minutes she comes round.

The other two scouts that were wrapped up also need autodoc treatment to be revived.

Let me know if there are special precautions you want to take as you revive scouts.

The Vargr is taking this all in in amazement. He helped move casualties.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Let me know if there are special precautions you want to take as you revive scouts.
Vee follows her protocols regarding triage and diagnosis as she helps with the scouts (Medical-1). She spares Foix a glance and a smile as she works. "Glad you could join us again."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Tiglath »

The male soldier comes round and mutters “Merde!” he sits up and winces from pain evidently from the area of the scorched patch on the military t shirt he wears under his vac suit. He is tall and muscular; classically handsome he has dark hair and piercing blue eyes while a scar runs over the orbit of his left eye. Taking a moment to orient himself he notices the female soldier laid out next to him and exclaims a much louder and more emphatic “Merde!”

He immediately performs a medical assessment of his female comrade while getting a sitrep from Grimaud and then accesses the medical gear in the shuttle to treat the poisoning. He seems a competent frontline medic readying an IV line and injections of adrenaline to treat his patient as well as cleaning and dressing her wound (Medic 2). As he works he shouts into the cockpit “Lady Anevey, I am restored - are you hale?” he immediately adds “Sara – I have Ana now. She will be fine!”

When he has done all he can for his comrade he turns to the rescued scouts and says “I am Gauvain de Beauhernais a L’Espée Foix, Comte de Foix. I welcome you back from your imprisonment as guests of House Foix”.
joertexas wrote: Vee follows her protocols regarding triage and diagnosis as she helps with the scouts (Medical-1). She spares Foix a glance and a smile as she works. "Glad you could join us again."
Foix stops and gives himself a moment to take Vee in and then, returning her smile, replies "Amidst the trauma of, once again, being shot I recall the attentions of a particularly attractive medic to whom I wish to render my personal thanks. Do you know which of the household that might be, my Knight?”

Foix will initially insist on a full quarantine and containment of the scouts at least until they have had a full assessment and body scan in the autodoc. They have been in conatact with two new xenos races, poisoned and exposed to all manner of potentially new and harmful pathogens as well as no doubt suffering some radiation exposure.

The rescue team will also require anti radiation monitoring and meds.

(OOC: The scouts would need extra tick boxes adding to their "reasons to quarantine" chart! ;) ).
Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: As he works he shouts into the cockpit “Lady Anevey, I am restored - are you hale?” he immediately adds “Sara – I have Ana now. She will be fine!”
"I'm fine," Vee calls back. "Sara and I are busy trying to not quite run this shuttle to death."
Tiglath wrote:Foix stops and gives himself a moment to take Vee in and then, returning her smile, replies "Amidst the trauma of, once again, being shot I recall the attentions of a particularly attractive medic to whom I wish to render my personal thanks. Do you know which of the household that might be, my Knight?”
"Tis I, your somewhat frazzled vassal, M'Lord." Vee follows Foix's lead in treating their patients, since he is more skilled. "Sara and I are experiencing first hand what it's like to be in combat with our partners. It's traumatic in its own way. Not like being shot, of course."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "My Lady, you are looking well despite your "frazzling". While he works he continues "Being shot really is quite easy. The difficulty and all the skill comes in not being killed - I did tell you I was good at it. However, when I came to - not knowing, I perhaps gained an insight I had little understood".

He adds gravely "The situation demanded action and we were put into it with no option. The Imperial Scout Service here have questions to answer".

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by ffilz »

You can use cabins 5 and 6 on the upper deck for quarantine. There is a short path access to the autodoc from there.

Do you want to isolate the Vargr also? You could isolate him in the launch.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Tiglath »

Foix will focus on the humans and give the vargr into Auntie's custody once he's had a health check. If he gets on the soft furnishings after that then it's her fault! ;)

RotFuchs
Scout
Scout

#31 Post by RotFuchs »

"I'd like some more of that medical water", meaning some more booze says one of the scouts, "and I am not a scout, I was just a support on their research. My name is Hiroto, Hiroto Petrov", says the "scout".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by joertexas »

RotFuchs wrote:"I'd like some more of that medical water", meaning some more booze says one of the scouts, "and I am not a scout, I was just a support on their research. My name is Hiroto, Hiroto Petrov", says the "scout".
The woman who piloted the shuttle, a dark-skinned blonde, sits down next to him. "I'm Anevay Becker, but everyone calls me Vee. Until you clear medical, having more alcohol probably isn't a good idea." She glances at Foix and Grimaud. "Regardless of what certain Legionnaires might say. I'm also Foix's vassal; a knight in his House, and he's in command here."

She takes a breath. "May I ask, what happened at the temple?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

#33 Post by ffilz »

I've sent rotfuchs some info on the Scout mission.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Tiglath »

Foix offers his hand "Pleased to meet you Hiroto Petrov - and just as pleased to have released you from those creatures. I am Foix - named for the lands of my Domain which, as you can bear witness, is now the hope for all people of the Rift as the Empire withdraws its strength. Indeed, I spent my military career in La Légion putting out the fires that sprang up as the Imperium wanes".

Indicating his tubby companion he says "This is Grimaud my loyal companion and peerless chef!" The portly fellow offers his hand "Glad we could get you out".

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#35 Post by lenusmars »

ffilz wrote:Ana is quickly loaded into the autodoc which starts administering anti-venom and muscle relaxant and after a tense 20 minutes she comes round.
Sara is sitting next to her, holding her hand as she wakes. She stands up and leans over Ana, kissing her forehead. "Hey, sleepy..." She looks Ana in the eyes from relatively close range, a half smirk on her lips, with maybe the slightest tremor to her voice. "So... what did we learn about being bitten by giant alien spiders?"

RotFuchs
Scout
Scout

#36 Post by RotFuchs »

"I do not see the expedition's leader, I guess he didn't make it..." says Petrov casually, he has seen too many deaths as a belter. "We were trying to determine why the region was protected, you know there is a strange field up there. Well mostly them were on the case. I know my way around electronics but they insisted doing it all by themselves and leave me as a "security man" since I have some weapons knowledge. How much time I need to be in quarantine?"

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by ffilz »

RotFuchs wrote:"I do not see the expedition's leader, I guess he didn't make it..." says Petrov casually, he has seen too many deaths as a belter. "We were trying to determine why the region was protected, you know there is a strange field up there. Well mostly them were on the case. I know my way around electronics but they insisted doing it all by themselves and leave me as a "security man" since I have some weapons knowledge. How much time I need to be in quarantine?"
Minor correction, they did want you for your Computer and Electronics skills AND your combat skills.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "Given the situation we were fortunate to get as many of you out as we did. A few days to complete medical tests and complete your course of anti rads and then you will be clear to go. The scouts may wish to debrief you - they can do that aboard the Kiara Surabi. I will contact them and arrange a meeting - I would like to hear their excuses for dropping you in this mess!"

Foix will contact the Scouts and inform them of the retrieval of their personnel and that they are safely aboard the Kiara Surabi. He insists that Commander Taheri is blameless in the matter of their capture and should be commended for her conduct.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix will contact the Scouts and inform them of the retrieval of their personnel and that they are safely aboard the Kiara Surabi. He insists that Commander Taheri is blameless in the matter of their capture and should be commended for her conduct.
Vee returns to the shuttle bay and tells the maintenance crew that she'd run it at maximum power settings on the flight back. Then, she returns to Foix."M'lord, is there anything else you need before I go to clean up?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Foix replies "Given the situation we were fortunate to get as many of you out as we did. A few days to complete medical tests and complete your course of anti rads and then you will be clear to go. The scouts may wish to debrief you - they can do that aboard the Kiara Surabi. I will contact them and arrange a meeting - I would like to hear their excuses for dropping you in this mess!"

Foix will contact the Scouts and inform them of the retrieval of their personnel and that they are safely aboard the Kiara Surabi. He insists that Commander Taheri is blameless in the matter of their capture and should be commended for her conduct.
There is no Scout base here, there was one Scout contact in the star port. There is a Navy base. You may want to keep the whole thing under wraps.

Using the autodoc to cycle the scouts through quarantine would reduce the time to 6 hours each. You can also use Squee's autodoc (and a future note - it's 0.5 ton, it COULD be loaded on the shuttle... though it may not be wise to take it into unknown territory since Squee is so dependent on it).

I've also extracted all the info on Arthiop into the Google Doc.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”