OOC Open Table Chat I

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Open Table Chat I

#21 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Hey guys - just a heads up. I'll be leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning for a long vacation weekend, and essentially offline for most of it. I expect I'll be able to check in during the evenings and can answer quick questions, but won't be doing anything to get the game proper started until next week. I'll be back to normal next Tuesday morning.

VonAlric - I'm going to put you on the spot a little and ask that you maybe help out the other guys as they try to figure out the character sheets, and any technical issues here on UnseenServant. You may well be better to answer some of those questions anyway - you've been here longer than I have.

I'm looking forward to getting started - at least with the 3 players (DrApathy is still in) and 4-5 characters we have, and we can decide if we need to bring in anyone else after that.
Lordbridge
Strider
Strider

#22 Post by Lordbridge »

Ok, so what do we have actually then? (Sorry it's been a busy week) - I see an Illusionist (not much help at level 1 to be honest), a ranger and an elf.

I'd make a second character if the cleric Dr. Apathy is out.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Lordbridge wrote:Ok, so what do we have actually then? (Sorry it's been a busy week) - I see an Illusionist (not much help at level 1 to be honest), a ranger and an elf.

I'd make a second character if the cleric Dr. Apathy is out.
VonAlric's Elf and Ranger, your Illusionist and Dr Apathy had a Cleric started. I'll reach out to him yet again though he did say last week that he was still in.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Alright guys - this has sat long enough that I need to shit or get off the pot here. I've poked DrApathy a couple of times on Discord and he hasn't responded, so I'm going to move ahead without him. That leaves just two players, and four characters if you guys don't mind playing two each. I'm fine with either carrying on that way OR doing what I have to do to keep the power level reasonable for just two characters (with hirelings eventually?). That could be fun in it's own way. Thoughts?
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by VonAlric »

I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and mentioned on the Audio Dungeon Discord server that there was room for one or two more people to join in. I think that some people may have contacted you about joining or will within the day.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Thanks! I haven't heard from anyone yet, but I'm open to more, for sure. That's a Discord server I haven't spent any time looking through.
Also - are you Evil Jeff? You never know when people use different tags different places...
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by VonAlric »

Yep, that is the other name I will go by at times.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by jason.connerley »

Hello, happy to be here! I'll read over the older posts in a few hours after running some errands.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Welcome Jason! I expect John will be here shortly too. I'd appreciate it if you all chime in to help John figure out the forums, character sheet, etc. I'm still figuring them out again myself. Most of my posts here are from a game a few years ago, i think, so I'm getting re-familiar myself.
jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by jason.connerley »

I should say although I have done PbP before and have had this account for a while I am a newbie to this forum and this system, in fact I need to go read back up on making rolls here, they are on a different website if I remember right...
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

jason.connerley wrote:I should say although I have done PbP before and have had this account for a while I am a newbie to this forum and this system, in fact I need to go read back up on making rolls here, they are on a different website if I remember right...
Of course! I can see you don't have many posts yet. We'll take things slow to get started. Yes - dice rolls are another site - that link up at the top right of the forum page. Unseenservant.COM vs .US for the actual forums.

@Everyone - looks like we'll now have at least 4 players, so let's run with just one PC each again and see how that goes. Keep it simpler for you.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by VonAlric »

Alright. Guess I'll just run the ranger then.

Although walking away from a character with 3 17's for scores is tough...
jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by jason.connerley »

VonAlric wrote:Alright. Guess I'll just run the ranger then.

Although walking away from a character with 3 17's for scores is tough...
You know if it would make you feel better I could play the character you already rolled up... ;)
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

If you want to run both, since they are done, that's fine too. There's just no reason for anyone else to make two characters now.

AFAIK, there is no way to transfer characters. If you did that, you'd need to recreate it. That's between you two...
Lordbridge
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by Lordbridge »

Been slightly busy and under the weather, but still here. How many characters do we have now?
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Lordbridge wrote:Been slightly busy and under the weather, but still here. How many characters do we have now?
No worries. I've sat on this too and need to push it along myself. We've got three new players coming, for a total of five, so no need to run a second character. We'll do this the proper old-school way and if you all decide you need more meatshields help, that's what hirelings and henchmen are for.

I plan on getting the initial post up tomorrow so that those who are ready can start a bit of interaction while the others get characters created.
aronbc
Runner
Runner

#37 Post by aronbc »

Hi folks, just sorting out the details here. Happy to be part of the game.
Sharing creative content @ https://onthetabletop.blog/
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Welcome, Aron!
jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by jason.connerley »

Sorry, I arrived home to a power outage last night. I will get a character sorted out sometime today.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

No worries, Jason. You guys need time to get things settled. We can wait a few more days.

@Everyone - I would like to try and get this thing moving by the end of the weekend if possible. Let me know if you have any character creation questions, or need help wiht the interface here (dice roller at the separate site, character sheet, etc)

Return to “Adventures in the Known World (BX)”