The Blazing Star

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The Blazing Star

#21 Post by Xaxyx »

"Eh, this lightning storm is a kitten compared to what I've seen!" Boldus says, waving his ale mug wildly. "Why, I once saw lightning blast a whole herd of cows right into smithereens, one by one. By the end of it, there were smoking steaks everywhere. We ate like kings for a week!" Laughing again, he searches for someone to fill his ale mug, from which he'd managed to slosh most of its contents.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

Given her recent experiences, Caby cringes inwardly at the thought of so much lightning.

She swallows the bite she'd been chewing on and says, "That sounds like a lot of lightning... is is unusual for these parts?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by saalaria »

Kytan gives up on the uncommunicative fellow at the bar (assuming he is mute or simple (despite the book!)) and heads for Atticus who seems to be similarly uneasy at being the centre of attention.

"Well met fellow traveller, I think you are like me a follower of Emrys are you not? My name is Brother Kytan and I seek information on these parts if you are willing to share?"
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Distorted Humor »

saalaria wrote:Kytan gives up on the uncommunicative fellow at the bar (assuming he is mute or simple (despite the book!)) and heads for Atticus who seems to be similarly uneasy at being the centre of attention.

"Well met fellow traveller, I think you are like me a follower of Emrys are you not? My name is Brother Kytan and I seek information on these parts if you are willing to share?"
"Welcome, Welcome, I am, I go by Atticus, or Brother Atticus if your are the formal type. Good to meet you, I have been assigned by my order, to, how should we put it, smite evil and enrich our coffers with the proceeds. I walked to the end of my cash, and now its time to replenish it. "
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by saalaria »

"A worthy cause - the well-being of the Church should be close to all our hearts. Myself, I am doing a penance to attone for my sins, wandering the land until our blessed Father..." here Kytan unconciously reaches to his neck for his holy symbol, which is of course not there now "...gives me the sign that am free to return my mentor and my studies."
"I am of a mind to join you in some smiting of evil for a while as I feel this meeting may have been part of His plan. What say you?"
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Distorted Humor »

saalaria wrote:"A worthy cause - the well-being of the Church should be close to all our hearts. Myself, I am doing a penance to attone for my sins, wandering the land until our blessed Father..." here Kytan unconciously reaches to his neck for his holy symbol, which is of course not there now "...gives me the sign that am free to return my mentor and my studies."
"I am of a mind to join you in some smiting of evil for a while as I feel this meeting may have been part of His plan. What say you?"
Atticus looks Kytan over once or twice, smiles "Wrench, some food and some drink for my companion here."
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:The dwarves with Boldus glance at one another and then defer to the red bearded dwarf. I am Varg Stonesplitter and these are my kinsmen. We are headed south to the mines. Boldus here is an old friend of ours. He traveled with us part of the way. There was a lightning storm last night and we sought shelter here.
"Mines, you say. No use for 'em. Though, I do love those precious gems and jewels you fine underground individuals produce for me." Eugene says with a grin.

"Certainly, men of so many tales will have some other ideas what else there might be to do in this area, though."
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by acererak »

dmw71 wrote:"Certainly, men of so many tales will have some other ideas what else there might be to do in this area, though."
It seems as if one of Varg's companions is about to say something when Varg looks at him. Varg turns to Eugene: Is it work your looking for lad? Word is the sherrif was looking to round a few fellows for gainful employment. As to what the nature of the work was, I couldn't tell you lad." Varg gazes at his tankard for a second, then he gulps it down and motions to a wench for more.
acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by acererak »

Distorted Humor wrote:"Wrench, some food and some drink for my companion here."
Kytan and Atticus soon have tankards of ale and plates of spiced mutton leg at their disposal. A short, pleasant faced blonde serving wench darts back and forth betwixt tables to bring them their fare. Atticus notes, almost casually, that she has a dirk tucked in a belt beneath her apron.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by Alethan »

Caby's keen elven halfling hearing perks up at the sound of work. Her right hand flexes and moves down to rest on her short sword as she turns her head slightly to the side and tries to pick up the rest of the conversation...
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Distorted Humor »

Atticus hears the idea of work. He looks around and see the halfling, Nods and invites over the Halfling to discuss the chances of work.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:"Is it work your looking for lad? Word is the sherrif was looking to round a few fellows for gainful employment. As to what the nature of the work was, I couldn't tell you lad."
"The sheriff?" Eugene chuckles. "The sheriff and I aren't exactly simpatico. A difference of opinion on certain societal customs, if you know what I mean." he says with a wink as he playfully elbows Varg. "Though, I appreciate the suggestion."
acererak wrote:It seems as if one of Varg's companions is about to say something when Varg looks at him.
ooc: Eugene will let this slide, but he will continue to play close attention for any potential slip ups with Varg and his companions.
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by saalaria »

"Are you thinking this could be a good opportunity to smite some evil Atticus - if so I'm in!"
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Xaxyx »

"What's THAT?" Boldus bellows, leaping to his feet. "An evil to be smitten? That sounds like a task for BOLDUS!" Pumping his fist into the air, he cheers with a low, growling roar that echoes throughout the room.
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Distorted Humor »

saalaria wrote:"Are you thinking this could be a good opportunity to smite some evil Atticus - if so I'm in!"

"As am I, As am I"
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Caby stares into her wine for a moment, then nods her head as if she's come to a decision.

"Let's see where the fates bring me," she says, to no one in particular. She then tilts her head back and drinks the last of her wine in one gulp. Shaking her head a bit as if that will dispel the dizziness which comes from just a little too much wine for such a small body, she says, "I'm well, as in!"

She frowns and squints an eye.

"I'm in, as WELL, I mean..."
acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by acererak »

The roaring hearths of the Blazing Star crackle making road weary travelers forget the rain outside. Flickering light makes shadows that seem to dance as all eyes turn to Boldus after his pronouncement. The crowd parts as a figure approaches the table where Boldus sits. The man comes to a halt, his weather worn face and piercing green eyes creating the impression that he has seen his share of campaigns. The mail clad man holds a helm under his left arm: "Hail Master Dwarf. I am called Jarus. I am one of the sherrif's men. I could not help but hear your honorable words. If it is your wish I could bring you along with your companions to the sherrif. It is true that he is in search of a few worthy freemen who seek to make an honest coin. Many of the inn's patrons watch with varying degrees of interest as Jarus stands amidst the tables.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by dmw71 »

Eugene offers no reaction to the sudden arrival.

acererak wrote:Hail Master Dwarf. I am called Jarus. I am one of the sherrif's men.
Eugene, as he has done many times before, fights off any instinct to flinch or otherwise indicate any hint of guilt. "Keep calm" he repeats to himself.
acererak wrote:If it is your wish I could bring you along with your companions to the sherrif. It is true that he is in search of a few worthy freemen who seek to make an honest coin.
"Oh, that'd be a first," his internal voice snickers. "Me, voluntarily, going to see the sheriff... every time I've had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff or his men previously were--" Euegene interrupts his current train of thought.

"Honest coins -- " he suppresses a chuckle "-- do sound good to me.... but play it cool, Fitzherbert!" he reminds himself. "Let's see how this plays out."
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by saalaria »

"What say you Boldus? Myself, Kytan and Atticus here are with you...."

Kytan stands up with a flourish...then realises that he may not make the most impressive sight for an adventurer so gradually sinks back down in his chair.
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Xaxyx »

"Good, then!" Boldus says. "All of those with fire in your bellies and a desire to see evil vanquished, attend to me!" He strides across the inn to Jarus. "Come, then. Lead us to this sheriff of yours. Let justice be done!"

Return to “Tomb of the Iron God”